Trump Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

He's calling for taking away gun rights for mentally ill people then proceeding with due process (proving they are mentally ill).

This is just like accusing someone of sexual whatever and that is the basis for guilt, rather than proving they did something wrong.

Due process first - you have to show mental incompetence - then deny them the right to purchase.

Maybe he is just doing his Trump thing to the left, time will tell.

Would the Rs let something like this pass?

He's calling for taking away gun rights for mentally ill people then proceeding with due process (proving they are mentally ill).

This is just like accusing someone of sexual whatever and that is the basis for guilt, rather than proving they did something wrong.

Due process first - you have to show mental incompetence - then deny them the right to purchase.

And the former USSR charged that all opponents were mentally ill and taken away.

So what constitutes mentally ill? Depression? If so, you may as well take away all the guns.

And the former USSR charged that all opponents were mentally ill and taken away.

So what constitutes mentally ill? Depression? If so, you may as well take away all the guns.

Exactly.

NRA’s Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” said President Donald Trump, a Republican.

For years, the National Rifle Association has been warning gun-loving Americans of a president who will take away their firearms, no matter what the Second Amendment says.

On Wednesday, that conservative nightmare became a reality when the current Republican U.S. president, Donald Trump, proposed taking away people’s guns, even without the legal right to do so.

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” Trump said at a meeting with Democratic and Republican lawmakers at the White House. “I like taking the guns early.”

Trump said law enforcement officers should specifically have taken the firearms possessed by Nikolas Cruz, the suspected gunman in the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.

“I think they should have taken them away, whether they had the right or not,” he said.

The NRA has consistently insisted that Democratic politicians are a threat to the Second Amendment. The group warned that President Barack Obama was “coming for our guns” and said, if elected, Hillary Clinton would “come for your guns, she will attack your right to carry, she will attack your most basic right to defend your family with a firearm in your home.”

All this fear-mongering was big business for the gun industry, which saw sales skyrocket during Obama’s presidency.

While Trump praised the gun lobbying group on Wednesday, he also urged lawmakers not to be scared of the organization. NRA leaders reportedly appealed directly to Trump not to raise the age limit for buying certain guns.

It’s fairly easy to imagine how the NRA would have reacted had Obama or Clinton made a statement about taking guns away without due process. But the group did not immediately return a request for comment on Wednesday about what it thinks of Trump’s remarks.

More: NRA's Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

It may just be an act - but Trump is acting like he wants to do something really big on gun control. Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump turns out to be the "gun-grabber" that NRA gun nuts have been fearing?

man is he trolling the gun grabbers

A big nothing burger lol

-Geaux

You think Trump-0 didn't say that?
That's not what the poster you are trolling said, liar.

NRA’s Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” said President Donald Trump, a Republican.

For years, the National Rifle Association has been warning gun-loving Americans of a president who will take away their firearms, no matter what the Second Amendment says.

On Wednesday, that conservative nightmare became a reality when the current Republican U.S. president, Donald Trump, proposed taking away people’s guns, even without the legal right to do so.

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second,” Trump said at a meeting with Democratic and Republican lawmakers at the White House. “I like taking the guns early.”

Trump said law enforcement officers should specifically have taken the firearms possessed by Nikolas Cruz, the suspected gunman in the Feb. 14 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida.

“I think they should have taken them away, whether they had the right or not,” he said.

The NRA has consistently insisted that Democratic politicians are a threat to the Second Amendment. The group warned that President Barack Obama was “coming for our guns” and said, if elected, Hillary Clinton would “come for your guns, she will attack your right to carry, she will attack your most basic right to defend your family with a firearm in your home.”

All this fear-mongering was big business for the gun industry, which saw sales skyrocket during Obama’s presidency.

While Trump praised the gun lobbying group on Wednesday, he also urged lawmakers not to be scared of the organization. NRA leaders reportedly appealed directly to Trump not to raise the age limit for buying certain guns.

It’s fairly easy to imagine how the NRA would have reacted had Obama or Clinton made a statement about taking guns away without due process. But the group did not immediately return a request for comment on Wednesday about what it thinks of Trump’s remarks.

More: NRA's Warnings Have Come True: A President Wants To Unilaterally Disarm Americans

It may just be an act - but Trump is acting like he wants to do something really big on gun control. Wouldn't it be ironic if Trump turns out to be the "gun-grabber" that NRA gun nuts have been fearing?

A big nothing burger lol

-Geaux

Well hi there Mikey. Why don't you explain it all to me?

A big nothing burger lol

-Geaux

I did, troll. It's very simple, but since all you scum ever want to do is smoke spin and lie, I'll not waste anymore time with a traitor scum bag like you.

A big nothing burger lol

-Geaux

I did, troll. It's very simple, but since all you scum ever want to do is smoke spin and lie, I'll not waste anymore time with a traitor scum bag like you.

Always nice to hear from you. Come again soon.

Notice how affectionate the Democrats have become toward Trump since that statement?

They are about to have their hearts broken once again.

No. Trump is still a pig. Just pointing out the constant crap he spews, and his disregard for our laws.
You keep confusing Trump with Hillary.

Course we all know what a pig she is and a criminal she is......the media has to work overtime to make any opponent she faced look twice as bad, but that is the goal.....and it seems to have worked on you very well.

Notice how affectionate the Democrats have become toward Trump since that statement?

Hope so. Trump doesn’t have any second amendment props. He has always been anti gun, at least us plebs having guns. When Trump does crime bill 2.0 I wonder if trumpkins will stick with him like the did when he waffled on his deporting illegals?
He's a New York liberal
But then again nothing is what it appears to be in the press where Trump is concerned.

They are too willing to pounce on every syllable he utters and draw false conclusions from them.

Of course not. Their silence is deafening.

Imagine if Obama proposed this? Holy shit. Hannity’s head would literally explode on live tv. CrusaderFrank and the rest of the USMB Wingnut Brigade would crash the servers with a billion “Obama is a dictator” threads.

No. Trump is still a pig. Just pointing out the constant crap he spews, and his disregard for our laws.

Course we all know what a pig she is and a criminal she is......the media has to work overtime to make any opponent she faced look twice as bad, but that is the goal.....and it seems to have worked on you very well.

Do you expect me to care what you think about Hillary?

Voting for Democrats is a red-flag for sure.

So take the guns away from all Democrat voters and Democrat Special Interest Groups. Blacks, Hispanics, Homosexuals, former members of the Obama Administration, School Teachers that support Bernie Sanders.

That will cut down on 99% of the gun violence.

Of course not. Their silence is deafening.

Imagine if Obama proposed this? Holy shit. Hannity’s head would literally explode on live tv. CrusaderFrank and the rest of the USMB Wingnut Brigade would crash the servers with a billion “Obama is a dictator” threads.

It's adorable how you guys get triggered by every Trump statement

Person: "I voted for Trump ‘cause he’s gonna drain the swamp and crush McConnell and Ryan! "

Same person: "I’m not worried about Trump’s Second Amendment comments ‘cause Ryan and McConnell won’t let anything bad pass."

Person: "I voted for Trump ‘cause he’s gonna drain the swamp and crush McConnell and Ryan! "

Same person: "I’m not worried about Trump’s Second Amendment comments ‘cause Ryan and McConnell won’t let anything bad pass."

I'm not worried about Trump's Second Amendment comments because he's taking you people for a midnight ride.

Do you expect me to care what you think about Hillary?
I don't expect you to do anything. Who you support tells me everything I need to know about you.

We all know what Hillary is really like.

We all used to know what Trump was like before he decided to run for president. It's not like his life was a total secret. You only want to believe the worst of him, so you are untouchable. The brainwashing worked on you. However, I am what would be called a non-conformist. I don't follow the lead of an irrational and extremely hostile press. It's gonna take more than a slew of planted unsubstantiated stories originating in the Washington post to change my opinion of Trump. I knew who he was over 25years ago. Hillary is also well-known. Anyone that supports her has obviously flushed their principles down the crapper.

A big nothing burger lol

-Geaux
Of course...because we all know he's just a liar.

Forum List

Back