Trump was right about one thing, taking the 5th implies guilty as charged.

Former General Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s recently pardoned national security adviser, speaks during a protest of the outcome of the 2020 presidential election outside the Supreme Court on December 12, 2020 in Washington, DC. Thousands of protesters who refuse to accept that President-elect Joe Biden won the election are rallying ahead of the electoral college vote to make Trump's 306-to-232 loss official. Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, Tucker Carlson, Michael Flynn and the other leaders of the American neofascist movement are very generous, in their own sinister fashion. They make their escalating threats of right-wing violence, insurrection and other forms of mayhem in public. There is little skulduggery or subterfuge involved.

Why are they so bold? Because they have suffered no serious long-term negative consequences for their behavior. And for the most part, the Republican fascists and the larger white right are winning in their war against American democracy. Momentum is on their side. Why should they conceal their intentions?
When disaster follows — be it some version of Jan. 6 (which is almost inevitable) or other acts of right-wing terror — the American people and their leaders will not be able to claim ignorance. They have repeatedly been warned and have chosen to ignore those warnings.

Taking the Fifth is a legal maneuver to delay testimony until legal council can advise the person with a better way to answer the question.

Remember, she was just saying what Trump said, that only the guilty take the 5th.

lol

Democrats are so petty...

(I guess that's why they call them snowflakes) :p

I don't see any reason at all to cooperate with partisan Democrats.

If they called me before the Jan 6 committee I'd flip a big middle finger in their faces just like Roger Stone did.

I'd take the fifth, I'd do ANYTHING to obstruct those assholes.

'Cause what they're doing is not justice. It's the exact opposite of justice
Of course you would. You live in the brave but have no guts. Just like Trump.
Youre a poor example of an American.

The fact that all words of the accused can and will be used to the maximum against him is enough reason to be Constitutionally guaranteed silence. No one at all aware of history could argue against such a citizen right.

I don't blame Trump for taking the 5th because these filthy communist bastards will twist anything he says and the media will lie about it.

Oh minions of the orange god!

Do not give up hope!

For once the orange god is tried, convicted and sentenced, you will still have this to worship!!!

1660149528450.png

Then charge him with something.

But they can’t, they have nothing on him. That’s why this DA is so desperate to get Trump to confess to her.

If he committed no crimes, then nothing he says could be a confession of a crime...correct?

Penny is the kind of person who imagines herself being some kind of Party Elite but in reality ends of working in a China Sweatshop just like the rest of the minions

Good job Penny. The Party will love you

Don't you ever speak for yourself?

Forum List

Back