Trump White House blocks CNN, NYT, LA Times, Politico and others from media briefing

There goes our 1st amendment rights, whats next?
No. There goes their access rights. Not the same thing.
Thats just the beginning of losing 1st amendment rights. Keep an eye out on what follows
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Time will tell, but what is certain is that the media should lose its right of access if all they will be is a political hit machine for one side.
Who determines that, YOU?
Common sense and reality. If the show were on the other foot I have no doubt you would be able to see it.
whose common sense, and whose reality?

Trump is simply tightening the noose around his own neck. He made enemies in the intelligence agencies... and now Flynn is gone and there is an investigation. He's making enemies out of more and more media who's job is to investigate... if you don't think they will dig up every single bad thing Trump has ever done including the tapes that Tom Arnold supposedly has, you're crazy.

The media has been the enemy of every republican president and presidential candidate for generations.

YOur hissy fit that ONE of them is finally fighting back is understandable. You got used to attacking people and having them just take it like bitches.

Times change.

The Deep State was going to be the enemy of anyone real outsider who wanted real change. NO reason to play nice there either.

The President works for the people regardless of his political affiliation. Him picking and choosing who can get briefs so as to control what is reported is asinine. The fact you defend this practice tells me you care more about your political party than the ethics and Constitutionality of our government. People like you that think it's about us verses them all the time instead of just doing what is right for the people is why shit never gets accomplished. It's also why I hate both political parties equally. Fuck all this bullshit about trying to do whatever you can to piss off the other party instead of just doing the right thing. It's childish and fucking useless.

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

Such characteristics have been sorely lacking in the MSM.
The consumers and public decide what is good news reporting, what is fake news and what they want to use for news information, not the people who are being criticized and certainly not the government. The President is the government. He has no business interfering with the media. Government interfering with the media is what tyrants and fascist do.

If a person is lied to enough, that they don't hear the other side, then those decisions are based on garbage.

The President is not the government. He is one office of the government.

He is not interfering with the media. He is dealing with the fact that a significant portion of the media is not really media, but political enemies.

Thats just the beginning of losing 1st amendment rights. Keep an eye out on what follows
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Time will tell, but what is certain is that the media should lose its right of access if all they will be is a political hit machine for one side.
Who determines that, YOU?
Common sense and reality. If the show were on the other foot I have no doubt you would be able to see it.
whose common sense, and whose reality?
Outcomes and objectivity.

Good thing Obamas gone, huh......
What does 1st amendment right have to do with Obama, son?
His oppression of it, child....

Getting off-topic here, but what about his all-out campaign against the 2nd amendment?

So president Trump denied a few networks that have practiced dishonest journalism access to one event. Maybe they'll tighten up. If they keep printing flat-out lies, their FCC license should be yanked.

The media has been the enemy of every republican president and presidential candidate for generations.

YOur hissy fit that ONE of them is finally fighting back is understandable. You got used to attacking people and having them just take it like bitches.

Times change.

The Deep State was going to be the enemy of anyone real outsider who wanted real change. NO reason to play nice there either.

The President works for the people regardless of his political affiliation. Him picking and choosing who can get briefs so as to control what is reported is asinine. The fact you defend this practice tells me you care more about your political party than the ethics and Constitutionality of our government. People like you that think it's about us verses them all the time instead of just doing what is right for the people is why shit never gets accomplished. It's also why I hate both political parties equally. Fuck all this bullshit about trying to do whatever you can to piss off the other party instead of just doing the right thing. It's childish and fucking useless.

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not

My point was not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about the fact that they are not fulfilling their role.

They are NOT the press. They are political operatives there representing the Far Left.
That is not for you to determine, especially with your right wing agenda

It is not for YOU to determine, who can have an opinion about it.

Especially with your left wing agenda.

Trump is simply tightening the noose around his own neck. He made enemies in the intelligence agencies... and now Flynn is gone and there is an investigation. He's making enemies out of more and more media who's job is to investigate... if you don't think they will dig up every single bad thing Trump has ever done including the tapes that Tom Arnold supposedly has, you're crazy.

Times change.

The consumers and public decide what is good news reporting, what is fake news and what they want to use for news information, not the people who are being criticized and certainly not the government. The President is the government. He has no business interfering with the media. Government interfering with the media is what tyrants and fascist do.

If a person is lied to enough, that they don't hear the other side, then those decisions are based on garbage.

He is not interfering with the media. He is dealing with the fact that a significant portion of the media is not really media, but political enemies.
They are the media whether Trump likes it or not

Times change.

Wrong. Tyrants and fascist rely heavily on propaganda. The left just can't stand the fact that they can no longer propagandize unchallenged to their heat's content.

Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not

My point was not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about the fact that they are not fulfilling their role.

They are NOT the press. They are political operatives there representing the Far Left.
That is not for you to determine, especially with your right wing agenda

It is not for YOU to determine, who can have an opinion about it.

Especially with your left wing agenda.
You are entitled to an opinion, but the media is still the media whether you like what they have to say or not

Times change.

Wrong. Tyrants and fascist rely heavily on propaganda. The left just can't stand the fact that they can no longer propagandize unchallenged to their heat's content.
So you disagree with them, fine, but you cannot determine what they have to say. Thats what makes us a free country

Our political system is bought and paid for by big money and corporate influence by under the table immoral transactions and both parties are guilty as charged. The swamp is expanding as we speak. What a great place this is.

Times change.

The President is the biggest liar in America. You are projecting. It is you and his cult that believes all those lies that he tells.

The President is a spokesman for a branch of the government. You statement makes no sense.

It is not the Presidents job to determine which news sources are legitimate or not. That is a judgement made by the consumers of news sources, the citizens.

Since any media outlet that's critical of Trump is labeled fake news, the number is going to grow. I'm surprised he hasn't banned ABC, CBS, and NBC. He has repeated called them out as fake news outlets.

I believe before the end of the Trump presidency, there will be an official government news service to combat fake news, a service run by the administration that of course only tells the truth.
As I have already pointed out, we already have government news sources. There's no need for new sources that point out fake news. We already have plenty of new media sources that point it out. However, by the end of Trump's presidency, the LEGACY news outlets will be extinct. People get tired of bullshit and lies.

Since any media outlet that's critical of Trump is labeled fake news, the number is going to grow. I'm surprised he hasn't banned ABC, CBS, and NBC. He has repeated called them out as fake news outlets.

I believe before the end of the Trump presidency, there will be an official government news service to combat fake news, a service run by the administration that of course only tells the truth.
As I have already pointed out, we already have government news sources. There's no need for new sources that point out fake news. We already have plenty of new media sources that point it out. However, by the end of Trump's presidency, the LEGACY news outlets will be extinct. People get tired of bullshit and lies.
It aint up to you, partner, to determine what news is real or "fake". Leave it up to the consumer

Looks like the Trump administration has started a war against the free press. Anyone that says anything they don't like is barred from the White House and called fake news.

I really hate to say it but it really is right out of Hitler's playbook. The first thing he did was to control all media and shutdown any media that he didn't like.

Germany didn't have a first amendment, thank God we do!
According to Ivana Trump, Donald kept a copy of Hitler's speeches by his bedside. Maybe it's true. Trump speeches, his authoritarian approach to governing, his war with the media, his scapegoating minorities, his narcissistic personality, promises to make the country great again are similarities that are had to miss.
That's another of those divorce court claims that no one but the fake news takes seriously

It aint up to you, partner, to determine what news is real or "fake". Leave it up to the consumer
I am a consumer. I can use my powers of logic and perception to determine that CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC are all fake news. The president is allowed to do the same thing, no matter what the fake news has to say about it.

Y
Looks like the Trump administration has started a war against the free press. Anyone that says anything they don't like is barred from the White House and called fake news.

I really hate to say it but it really is right out of Hitler's playbook. The first thing he did was to control all media and shutdown any media that he didn't like.

Germany didn't have a first amendment, thank God we do!
According to Ivana Trump, Donald kept a copy of Hitler's speeches by his bedside. Maybe it's true. Trump speeches, his authoritarian approach to governing, his war with the media, his scapegoating minorities, his narcissistic personality, promises to make the country great again are similarities that are had to miss.
That's another of those divorce court claims that no one but the fake news takes seriously
You are so concerned about fake news and lying of the press, but never have you ever mentioned the ongoing, never ending lies by resident trump

I am a consumer. I can use my powers of logic and perception to determine that CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC are all fake news. The president is allowed to do the same thing, no matter what the fake news has to say about it.
Wrong moose breath. resident trump does not ever decide

Liar - in - Chief at CPAC: "I love the First Amendment; nobody loves it better than me"

3 hours later: WH blocks CNN, NYTimes, others from press gaggle

Only morons believe there's a contradiction between those two events.

Forum List

Back