Trump White House blocks CNN, NYT, LA Times, Politico and others from media briefing

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

Such characteristics have been sorely lacking in the MSM.
Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not

My point was not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about the fact that they are not fulfilling their role.

They are NOT the press. They are political operatives there representing the Far Left.
That is not for you to determine, especially with your right wing agenda

It is not for YOU to determine, who can have an opinion about it.

Especially with your left wing agenda.
You are entitled to an opinion, but the media is still the media whether you like what they have to say or not

If my opinion is correct, then the media, or at least major portion of it, have ceased reporting the news in favor of making the news.

Thus, they are NOT the "media", but propagandists and political operatives pretending to be the media.

There goes our 1st amendment rights, whats next?
Since any media outlet that's critical of Trump is labeled fake news, the number is going to grow. I'm surprised he hasn't banned ABC, CBS, and NBC. He has repeated called them out as fake news outlets.

I believe before the end of the Trump presidency, there will be an official government news service to combat fake news, a service run by the administration that of course only tells the truth.
As I have already pointed out, we already have government news sources. There's no need for new sources that point out fake news. We already have plenty of new media sources that point it out. However, by the end of Trump's presidency, the LEGACY news outlets will be extinct. People get tired of bullshit and lies.
It aint up to you, partner, to determine what news is real or "fake". Leave it up to the consumer
I am a consumer. I can use my powers of logic and perception to determine that CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC are all fake news. The president is allowed to do the same thing, no matter what the fake news has to say about it.
Wrong moose breath. resident trump does not ever decide

Are you claiming he doesn't have the same rights as every other American?

I love the way you douche bag snowflakes believe you can impose your moronic theory of government on Trump.

The men who founded America wrote a constitution that protected free speech and a free "media" in the first amendment to the constitution. It has worked for the entire life of our nation. We don't need this guy in the White House today and his followers to weaken or remove that right.

Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not

My point was not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about the fact that they are not fulfilling their role.

They are NOT the press. They are political operatives there representing the Far Left.

You are entitled to an opinion, but the media is still the media whether you like what they have to say or not

If my opinion is correct, then the media, or at least major portion of it, have ceased reporting the news in favor of making the news.

Thus, they are NOT the "media", but propagandists and political operatives pretending to be the media.
you are entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is

Our political system is bought and paid for by big money and corporate influence by under the table immoral transactions and both parties are guilty as charged. The swamp is expanding as we speak. What a great place this is.

Hillary spent almost DOUBLE what Trump spent.

Do not overestimate the power of money.

Since any media outlet that's critical of Trump is labeled fake news, the number is going to grow. I'm surprised he hasn't banned ABC, CBS, and NBC. He has repeated called them out as fake news outlets.

I believe before the end of the Trump presidency, there will be an official government news service to combat fake news, a service run by the administration that of course only tells the truth.
As I have already pointed out, we already have government news sources. There's no need for new sources that point out fake news. We already have plenty of new media sources that point it out. However, by the end of Trump's presidency, the LEGACY news outlets will be extinct. People get tired of bullshit and lies.
It aint up to you, partner, to determine what news is real or "fake". Leave it up to the consumer
I am a consumer. I can use my powers of logic and perception to determine that CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC are all fake news. The president is allowed to do the same thing, no matter what the fake news has to say about it.

I love the way you douche bag snowflakes believe you can impose your moronic theory of government on Trump.
The PEOPLE decide, not resident Trump

The men who founded America wrote a constitution that protected free speech and a free "media" in the first amendment to the constitution. It has worked for the entire life of our nation. We don't need this guy in the White House today and his followers to weaken or remove that right.

You lefties should have thought of that, before you politicized the media.

Now you are using the predictable and usual right wing defense. You are making up your own new definition of the word "media" because you have no real defense.

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

Such characteristics have been sorely lacking in the MSM.

And they can be criticized whether they like it or not.

Our political system is bought and paid for by big money and corporate influence by under the table immoral transactions and both parties are guilty as charged. The swamp is expanding as we speak. What a great place this is.

That reminds me of another Trump lie. Remember when he told us that he was so rich that he would finance his whole campaign, and not be beholden to special interest groups?

When did president Trump lose his rights?

Fox never politicized the media in the past 8 years, Homer?

And they can be criticized whether they like it or not.
Of course they can be criticized but never eliminated

When did president Trump lose his rights?
rights to ban media?

Donald Trump for years would call media pretending to be John Baron or John Miller...Talk About Manufacturing Fake News ....
The amazing story of Donald Trumps old spokesman, John Barron

— who was actually Donald Trump himself
The amazing story of Donald Trump’s old spokesman, John Barron — who was actually Donald Trump himself
<snip>
In the 1980s, when reporters called the Trump Organization to request an interview with the boss, they were sometimes referred to a spokesman, instead. That a busy and image-conscious executive such as Donald Trump would place a buffer between himself and the media was hardly unusual, but there was a twist: The spokesman, John Barron, was actually Trump, hiding behind a fake name.

Barron (also spelled “Baron” in some press accounts) appears to have been Trump’s go-to alias when he was under scrutiny,
in need of a tough front man or otherwise wanting to convey a message without attaching his own name to it.

Trump’s use of an assumed name runs counter to the persona he has crafted as the leading Republican candidate for president — one of an unfiltered, politically incorrect maverick who is unafraid to say anything. It suggests that the billionaire real estate mogul is — or, at least, was — not so bold as he likes to present himself.

Remarkably, Trump kept up the charade for a full decade,
as reporters unwittingly quoted Barron as if he were a real person. In a LexisNexis search, the first mention of the name appears on June 6, 1980, in a New York Times report about Trump’s controversial decision to destroy two Art Deco sculptures he had conditionally promised to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In that instance, Trump used the alias to stall for three days before finally giving an interview under his own name; when he did, he told the Times that he had been out of town and unavailable (!).
------------------
Groper Don the Con is the king of Cons
Your source: The Washington Post - fake news, in other words.

There goes our 1st amendment rights, whats next?
No. There goes their access rights. Not the same thing.
Thats just the beginning of losing 1st amendment rights. Keep an eye out on what follows
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Time will tell, but what is certain is that the media should lose its right of access if all they will be is a political hit machine for one side.
Who determines that, YOU?
You traitors will never be satisfied. I say lock you all away.

Now you are using the predictable and usual right wing defense. You are making up your own new definition of the word "media" because you have no real defense.

I used quotes for a reason.

My point about their behavior stands.

The press are the partisan enemy of Trump and Middle America.
the Truth is the Mortal Enemy of Donald Trump and the minority of Americans who support him
...c

The Truth is that Trump is not a nazi and anyone who even hints that he is, is a fucking lying piece of shit, like Hillary.
Do you have any concept of how stupid it is to defend trump by calling other people liars? There is not a single politician in political history, especially American Presidential history that comes close to the provable, indisputable list of lies told by trump. They number in the hundreds and many of them are just plain malicious.
They're all disputable. Most of them are fake news. The legacy media thinks having a different opinion about the known facts than them constitutes a lie. The rest of us aren't that stupid.

The "media" consist of enormous numbers of private entities whose main purpose is to make a profit from dispersing news. The profits are dependent on advertising contained in their publications (including online endeavors) and in some cases subscription fees. The political slant a news source takes is determined by the demographics of their readers and consumers.

That reminds me of another Trump lie. Remember when he told us that he was so rich that he would finance his whole campaign, and not be beholden to special interest groups?

No lie is more poisonous than telling half of America that the other half is their enemy.

If that lie doesn't bother you, then you have no credibility to complain about any lie.

Forum List

Back