Trump White House blocks CNN, NYT, LA Times, Politico and others from media briefing

Trump is simply tightening the noose around his own neck. He made enemies in the intelligence agencies... and now Flynn is gone and there is an investigation. He's making enemies out of more and more media who's job is to investigate... if you don't think they will dig up every single bad thing Trump has ever done including the tapes that Tom Arnold supposedly has, you're crazy.

The media has been the enemy of every republican president and presidential candidate for generations.

YOur hissy fit that ONE of them is finally fighting back is understandable. You got used to attacking people and having them just take it like bitches.

Times change.

The Deep State was going to be the enemy of anyone real outsider who wanted real change. NO reason to play nice there either.

The President works for the people regardless of his political affiliation. Him picking and choosing who can get briefs so as to control what is reported is asinine. The fact you defend this practice tells me you care more about your political party than the ethics and Constitutionality of our government. People like you that think it's about us verses them all the time instead of just doing what is right for the people is why shit never gets accomplished. It's also why I hate both political parties equally. Fuck all this bullshit about trying to do whatever you can to piss off the other party instead of just doing the right thing. It's childish and fucking useless.
Unfortunately it is about us vs. them. You douche bags prove it any time one of your heroes gets into office. They invariably make war on the average American. We know you don't like your victims to fight back, but those days are over.

The men who founded America wrote a constitution that protected free speech and a free "media" in the first amendment to the constitution. It has worked for the entire life of our nation. We don't need this guy in the White House today and his followers to weaken or remove that right.

You lefties should have thought of that, before you politicized the media.
The "media" consist of enormous numbers of private entities whose main purpose is to make a profit from dispersing news. The profits are dependent on advertising contained in their publications (including online endeavors) and in some cases subscription fees. The political slant a news source takes is determined by the demographics of their readers and consumers.

Bullshit.

If that was true, there would be more competition for the conservative viewers.

The reason that Fox has such high ratings, is that the rest of media has chosen to not even try for those viewers.

They are happy to keep their declining share, regardless of decreasing revenue, instead of changing.

Trump is a whiny little juvenile weasel turd who can dish it out like no tomorrow but can't take it in return. He needs to grow up and grow some cojones!

PERFECT example of a special snowflake if there ever was one!

I watch CNN and I am entitled to hear the press conference of the man I pay to give such, with my taxes...without having to change the channel to watch FOX News etc in order to get it.

He's proving himself to be a vindictive, vengeful, slivering forked tongue snake on a daily basis.... too bad he never grew up and in to this job...

Except you guys are the ones all butthurt because someone is fighting back.
Correll, President Trump is a pathological LIAR....this isn't about butt hurt, this is about our Nation and the LIAR N CHIEF trying to destroy our Constitution, while people like you, his cult, sit back and clap and cheer him on and beg for more destruction of the constitution....

so you can put it where the Sun don't shine!
No one who voted for Hillary has a right to question Trump's honesty. That goes for the entire fake news industry.

That is not for you to determine, especially with your right wing agenda

It is not for YOU to determine, who can have an opinion about it.

Especially with your left wing agenda.
You are entitled to an opinion, but the media is still the media whether you like what they have to say or not

If my opinion is correct, then the media, or at least major portion of it, have ceased reporting the news in favor of making the news.

Thus, they are NOT the "media", but propagandists and political operatives pretending to be the media.
Now you are using the predictable and usual right wing defense. You are making up your own new definition of the word "media" because you have no real defense.

I used quotes for a reason.

My point about their behavior stands.
Quotes? What quotes? Whose quotes?

The President works for the people regardless of his political affiliation. Him picking and choosing who can get briefs so as to control what is reported is asinine. The fact you defend this practice tells me you care more about your political party than the ethics and Constitutionality of our government. People like you that think it's about us verses them all the time instead of just doing what is right for the people is why shit never gets accomplished. It's also why I hate both political parties equally. Fuck all this bullshit about trying to do whatever you can to piss off the other party instead of just doing the right thing. It's childish and fucking useless.
He is doing the right things, listen to his CPAC speech if you really don't have any knowledge. He doesn't like proven fake news outlets, not the press. You need to come up to speed.

He doesn't like people that prove he is lying...

Let me try to explain this to you.

#1. News outlets report stuff about Russian ties using anonymous sources.
#2. Trump calls it "Fake News"
#3. Trump says the White House needs to find and fix the leaks

Now, simple question, so please use some simple reasoning skills here. How can there be leaks in the White House if it is fake news?

The people who call Trump a liar are all liars themselves. Why should anyone take their word for it?

He is doing the right things, listen to his CPAC speech if you really don't have any knowledge. He doesn't like proven fake news outlets, not the press. You need to come up to speed.

Now, simple question, so please use some simple reasoning skills here. How can there be leaks in the White House if it is fake news?

That's fake news....

Indeed it is. It's falsehoods like that that make people not care about the news.

Yeah you're right, Trump fired Flynn based on "Fake News" White House leaks. :rolleyes:

That's how it started, moron.

The men who founded America wrote a constitution that protected free speech and a free "media" in the first amendment to the constitution. It has worked for the entire life of our nation. We don't need this guy in the White House today and his followers to weaken or remove that right.

You lefties should have thought of that, before you politicized the media.
Fox never politicized the media in the past 8 years, Homer?

Sure. Megan Kelly tried. She got slapped down like she deserved.

Trump is simply tightening the noose around his own neck. He made enemies in the intelligence agencies... and now Flynn is gone and there is an investigation. He's making enemies out of more and more media who's job is to investigate... if you don't think they will dig up every single bad thing Trump has ever done including the tapes that Tom Arnold supposedly has, you're crazy.

The media has been the enemy of every republican president and presidential candidate for generations.

YOur hissy fit that ONE of them is finally fighting back is understandable. You got used to attacking people and having them just take it like bitches.

Times change.

The Deep State was going to be the enemy of anyone real outsider who wanted real change. NO reason to play nice there either.

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

Such characteristics have been sorely lacking in the MSM.
Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not
It is up to Trump to decide who can attend his press conferences.

That sucks for you and the fake news, doesn't it?

You are entitled to an opinion, but the media is still the media whether you like what they have to say or not

If my opinion is correct, then the media, or at least major portion of it, have ceased reporting the news in favor of making the news.

Thus, they are NOT the "media", but propagandists and political operatives pretending to be the media.
Now you are using the predictable and usual right wing defense. You are making up your own new definition of the word "media" because you have no real defense.

I used quotes for a reason.

Quotes? What quotes? Whose quotes?

Note the quotation marks from above.

"media",

they are NOT the "media", but propagandists and political operatives pretending to be the media.

I must admit Trump isn't taking Obama's lead. All Obama did was ignore the press and have no press conferences. Besides the press being very soft on Obama. With a press like we have why wouldn't Trump band some of the fake news outlets?

Times change.

The role of the press as you describe it, requires some level professionalism and objectivity.

The consumers and public decide what is good news reporting, what is fake news and what they want to use for news information, not the people who are being criticized and certainly not the government. The President is the government. He has no business interfering with the media. Government interfering with the media is what tyrants and fascist do.
Show us the law that says the president can't decide who will attend his press conferences.

There goes our 1st amendment rights, whats next?
No. There goes their access rights. Not the same thing.
Thats just the beginning of losing 1st amendment rights. Keep an eye out on what follows
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. Time will tell, but what is certain is that the media should lose its right of access if all they will be is a political hit machine for one side.
Who determines that, YOU?
The President.

Its not up to you to decide, they are still the press whether you agree with them or not

My point was not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about the fact that they are not fulfilling their role.

They are NOT the press. They are political operatives there representing the Far Left.
That is not for you to determine, especially with your right wing agenda

And Trump can bar them from his press conferences whether you like it or not.

Liar. I gave an example and you simply ignored it to spew more lies. That's what you do. You can't back up a damn thing you ever say. When did he say leaks were fake news? The fake news was in reporting above and beyond what they got.

He said what was being reported was fake news using anonymous sources... and then in the next breath said that the news was being leaked out of the White House and needed to be found and stopped.

Do you ever get into a discussion where you don't call the person you disagree with a liar? Jesus dude, you're like a broken record in every thread.

635711084530386518-551468551_Ashton-Kutcher-laughing.gif

Y
Looks like the Trump administration has started a war against the free press. Anyone that says anything they don't like is barred from the White House and called fake news.

I really hate to say it but it really is right out of Hitler's playbook. The first thing he did was to control all media and shutdown any media that he didn't like.

Germany didn't have a first amendment, thank God we do!
According to Ivana Trump, Donald kept a copy of Hitler's speeches by his bedside. Maybe it's true. Trump speeches, his authoritarian approach to governing, his war with the media, his scapegoating minorities, his narcissistic personality, promises to make the country great again are similarities that are had to miss.
That's another of those divorce court claims that no one but the fake news takes seriously
You are so concerned about fake news and lying of the press, but never have you ever mentioned the ongoing, never ending lies by resident trump

That's because 95% of them are fake news. The other 5% are inconsequential. No one cares if the President lies about his golf game.

Forum List

Back