Trumpf to call for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave.

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

the money will come from the unemployment insurance. its not a salary but it wont break small businesses.

i suppose yould rather the money continue to sink into waste and fraud or
sneaked by the millions into iran.

do your research

ok with me although I generally disapprove . Goal for Trump supporters is to win so this is just some targeting of single women mothers and loose woman that may have a kid out of wedlock . Trump is good on guns, rebuilding USA military , building a border wall and muslims plus yada and yada . SO , I understand his tactics and will approve as I keep the goal of TRUMP winning the election foremost in my mind Candy .

I'm a single man with no children. I see no reason why I should have to pay for someone else to take time off work for their children. If you can't afford children, don't have them.

You misunderstand. It's not about affordability. Its about a work/life balance. Women should be encouraged to maintain a career and raise a family.

Can anyone tell me why anyone should get paid for not working?
So what if a person chooses to have a baby?
It is not my responsibility to support them for any length of time

You want a kid then you plan for it. Save up your vacation sick and personal time, save a little extra money and have your kid but don't expect anyone else to pay for it

you are already paying for it. its called welfare.

One last thing, you're wrong in saying he knows there's not a snowballs chance in hell of it getting passed. Trump doesn't just throw things out there. His ego is too big to let people/politicians stand in his way with things he wants to get done.

That's the kind of egomaniac to whom you want to give the power of the IRS, SEC, FBI, DOJ, OSHA, EPA and nuclear football to.. Imagine how "happy" everyone is gonna be with his "deals" and his "people"....

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.
Trump's not a republican. And he knows there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of this passing congress, even it a bill was introduced, which he knows won't be introduced even if he's elected.

Not that pandering is unusual, but it's sort of pathetic that he's trying to poach women votes so disingenuously. But, insulting women isn't anything he is bothered by.
Dems will certainly pass it, its getting the douche bag Republican establishment to go along with it. Think of it this way if the Republicans shoot it down Trump will call them to the carpet and make them look like the idiots they are. That's what a Trump Presidency looks like....fuck with the American people the CIC will call you out for it no matter what letter is next to your name.

One last thing, you're wrong in saying he knows there's not a snowballs chance in hell of it getting passed. Trump doesn't just throw things out there. His ego is too big to let people/politicians stand in his way of the things he wants to get done.
The conundrum of Trump is that his history shows he certainly does not want to pay cashiers, and cocktail waitresses 6 mos of paid leave. He's been busting unions for years. Yet, he has a lovely daughter, who seems a decent person for someone born to that class and without any need to have struggled, and she wants to do the right thing, and he is inclined to do what she wants.

It's a fair option and has a good benefit (investment in family which is a conservative value) so it's a hybrid plan that can be creatively funded (hell, I'll kill some useless programs to help offset the cost of this, plus give tax breaks to companies who register x-days maternity leave each year). Of all the things the government can mandate, I have no problem with this at all.
Then you are no conservative.

I'm an American...

Good luck with that!
You are blessed, indeed.

One last thing, you're wrong in saying he knows there's not a snowballs chance in hell of it getting passed. Trump doesn't just throw things out there. His ego is too big to let people/politicians stand in his way with things he wants to get done.

That's the kind of egomaniac to whom you want to give the power of the IRS, SEC, FBI, DOJ, OSHA, EPA and nuclear football to.. Imagine how "happy" everyone is gonna be with his "deals" and his "people"....
Yes sir. I want someone that will go to the mat for you and I. Don't you think its about time or are you happy with the same old bullshit of taking care of their own?

Just out of curiousity -- where the fuck you hiding your "conservatism"?? Paying for all that INCLUDING his proposed "dependent care" and "child care" are gonna warp those markets and inflate the PRICES of those services. You KNOW the drill -- yet it rolls right off your tongue -- that it "comes out of the general fund".

That along with Trumps position that "the USA SHOULD assume a bigger load of debt" should make any thinking Conservative more than just squeamish. They should be panicked about "the deals" this guy is gonna make without ANY real political compass behind him. He's an egotist --- that's his political compass.

If HE DOES IT -- it has to "make America great". :uhh:

I am not hiding it anywhere.

I think there are plenty of conversations that could be had that would allow people to consider how they might make this happen and NOT add extra load onto our already stupid debt.

I said a general fund and I didn't say whose....I have long advocated for personal Social Security accounts (not privatized..necessarily) that could be used for things like this, workman's comp, extended health care, etc.

It sure LOOKS like Trump is purposely looking for ways to bust the budget. I doubt he's gonna have a lot of advisers who nag him about debt --- when the King LIKES debt --- a lot.

Reforms to LOWER the outrageous prices of day care and dependent care are obvious to me. It's those leftists in NYCity that are paying half their salaries for those things. Because they live in a HIGHLY regulated state that requires certification for things that the facility might NEVER ENCOUNTER. (for example). OF COURSE, it's gonna be expensive if the day care is DESIGNED by leftists. Not so much a problem elsewhere's.

I'd go with that --- before laying in literally $BILLs into a market and inflate the prices BECAUSE of high subsidies.

Oh, I agree.

But that is what you've got looming out there......

I don't care who get's elected...we are at 20 Trillion and it ain't stopping.

Pretty soon that will be all that matters.

I agree about the highly regulated state.

People are going to have to get used to the idea of a little risk.

You want to get divorced...you're gonna face issues. You don't have a great paying job.....you are going to have more issues.

That's why I'm voting for folks that have a pedigree in fiscal conservancy.. You can get "all liberal and shit" when the government focuses on primary duties, isn't running a risk of default, and has all those agencies PRUNED and working efficiently.

Might take longer than it took Hercules to clean the stables --- but THEN --- you can put more entitlements on the table. Right NOW --- Trump is not really a BIG alternative to Hillary on tax and spend..
Which total fiscal conservative are you voting for POTUS in 2016?
That has nothing to do with the fact Comrade Trump will say whatever he needs in order to be elected, and the conservatives and Alt Right eat it up, including "free shit."

Yes sir. I want someone that will go to the mat for you and I. Don't you think its about time or are you happy with the same old bullshit of taking care of their own?
c_k, he is not principled. He will not go to the mat for any of us. He will do whatever he wants. He does not care about us.

I am not hiding it anywhere.

I think there are plenty of conversations that could be had that would allow people to consider how they might make this happen and NOT add extra load onto our already stupid debt.

I said a general fund and I didn't say whose....I have long advocated for personal Social Security accounts (not privatized..necessarily) that could be used for things like this, workman's comp, extended health care, etc.

It sure LOOKS like Trump is purposely looking for ways to bust the budget. I doubt he's gonna have a lot of advisers who nag him about debt --- when the King LIKES debt --- a lot.

Reforms to LOWER the outrageous prices of day care and dependent care are obvious to me. It's those leftists in NYCity that are paying half their salaries for those things. Because they live in a HIGHLY regulated state that requires certification for things that the facility might NEVER ENCOUNTER. (for example). OF COURSE, it's gonna be expensive if the day care is DESIGNED by leftists. Not so much a problem elsewhere's.

I'd go with that --- before laying in literally $BILLs into a market and inflate the prices BECAUSE of high subsidies.

Oh, I agree.

But that is what you've got looming out there......

I don't care who get's elected...we are at 20 Trillion and it ain't stopping.

Pretty soon that will be all that matters.

I agree about the highly regulated state.

People are going to have to get used to the idea of a little risk.

You want to get divorced...you're gonna face issues. You don't have a great paying job.....you are going to have more issues.

That's why I'm voting for folks that have a pedigree in fiscal conservancy.. You can get "all liberal and shit" when the government focuses on primary duties, isn't running a risk of default, and has all those agencies PRUNED and working efficiently.

Might take longer than it took Hercules to clean the stables --- but THEN --- you can put more entitlements on the table. Right NOW --- Trump is not really a BIG alternative to Hillary on tax and spend..
Which total fiscal conservative are you voting for POTUS in 2016?
That has nothing to do with the fact Comrade Trump will say whatever he needs in order to be elected, and the conservatives and Alt Right eat it up, including "free shit."

Well the Alt R might be for paid maternal leave (even though Trump suggests less leave than Hillary has supported for years). At least for whites.

Not by assuming the use of those tyrannical powers I don't. We already KNOW all those things are powerful political weapons. All you're doing is escalating the arms race and using them. Don't really want to watch Trump "make examples" of SOME corporations and ignore their competitors.. And I fully doubt -- "the best people" are gonna stick around and mediate this meglomaniac.

Going to the mat -- means BREAKING those abuses of power and lack of accountability --- not encouraging them..

I'm flabbergasted by all these "conservatives" that are APPLAUDING going further into debt, increasing the govt/corporate collusions, and pandering to programs like these (in the topic) that warp market prices and make the Fed govt into the phony "money tree" that Bernie thinks it is.....

Trump's not a republican. And he knows there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of this passing congress, even it a bill was introduced, which he knows won't be introduced even if he's elected.

Not that pandering is unusual, but it's sort of pathetic that he's trying to poach women votes so disingenuously. But, insulting women isn't anything he is bothered by.
Dems will certainly pass it, its getting the douche bag Republican establishment to go along with it. Think of it this way if the Republicans shoot it down Trump will call them to the carpet and make them look like the idiots they are. That's what a Trump Presidency looks like....fuck with the American people the CIC will call you out for it no matter what letter is next to your name.

One last thing, you're wrong in saying he knows there's not a snowballs chance in hell of it getting passed. Trump doesn't just throw things out there. His ego is too big to let people/politicians stand in his way of the things he wants to get done.
The conundrum of Trump is that his history shows he certainly does not want to pay cashiers, and cocktail waitresses 6 mos of paid leave. He's been busting unions for years. Yet, he has a lovely daughter, who seems a decent person for someone born to that class and without any need to have struggled, and she wants to do the right thing, and he is inclined to do what she wants.
So what wrong with that? Last year he was mulling the whole thing over and with the advice of Ivanka decides to go all in. He could have easily gone with wthat the pollsters told him to do and rejected it, but he did what he felt was right.

Make no mistake the GOPe hates the idea and it speaks volumes that he didn't go with the pollsters on this one. He did what was right (I like the idea, always have)

Can anyone tell me why anyone should get paid for not working?
So what if a person chooses to have a baby?
It is not my responsibility to support them for any length of time

You want a kid then you plan for it. Save up your vacation sick and personal time, save a little extra money and have your kid but don't expect anyone else to pay for it

you are already paying for it. its called welfare.

there are a lot less people on welfare than who take maternitiy leave from a job

So what wrong with that? Last year he was mulling the whole thing over and with the advice of Ivanka decides to go all in. He could have easily gone with wthat the pollsters told him to do and rejected it, but he did what he felt was right.

Make no mistake the GOPe hates the idea and it speaks volumes that he didn't go with the pollsters on this one. He did what was right (I like the idea, always have)

Yeah.. The GOP should hate the idea. Because the problems in "child care" are largely in states that OVER-regulate that industry. Requiring certifications for marginal types of problems that the day care probably would NEVER SEE. Or just thru knocking off the smaller leaner providers who can't cope with the paperwork.. That's THEIR problem for craving larger, more powerful local/state govt..

At this point -- when the GOP plan for a mongous new entitlement is being compared to Bernies and Hillary's -- you've basically MERGED the 2 parties into nothing more than Sports franchises who are in death match for power to wield and hand out... And that MAJORITY of voters that have left the parties are gonna make those franchises irrelevant at some point if they don't offer choices and STAND for stuff..

What I want --- is for my government to WORK CORRECTLY.. I want to reduce Executive Orders and force Congress to research and actually WRITE legislation. Not delegate it to the UNaccountable agencies to fiddle with for a decade, allow the Chief Exec to just ORDER it -- causing uncertainty in the economy and the markets. I want folks who don't install political henchmen at the agencies to protect their ass when scandals and internal misdoings arise. And I want politicians that are HUMBLE and ASKING to serve -- rather than arrogant power-whores that EXPECT your vote because they've co-opted or bought their way into a "name brand" party...

I'm surprised that Trump isn't saying he wants 6 years of paid maternity leave. We know he doesn't want to see women around the office. And we know he doesn't bother to pay people anyway. Seems like the perfect Trumpian scam.

Well I can certainly understand why the Democrats don't like Trump. I mean, let's be honest, equal pay was a campaign issue when Obama first ran for president. Even with Pelosi and Reed controlling the legislative branch, women was just a promise ploy to get this president elected as the liberal dream list like Obamacare to precedence. Now Hillary wants to plagiarize Obama's message on infrastructure, maintaining national healthcare, and particularly equal pay. So if the democrats can't get their act together after 8 years, and it's really just a draw to get women voters rather than a goal of achievement, why not allow Trump to make it a campaign issue? After all he has his daughter that's smart enough to run and maintain an executive position, as I'm sure she shares an opinion of what women need to see more in the business realm. If we leave it to Hillary, most likely we will only hear about it again through the next democrat who wants to make their mark as president.

I'm surprised that Trump isn't saying he wants 6 years of paid maternity leave. We know he doesn't want to see women around the office. And we know he doesn't bother to pay people anyway. Seems like the perfect Trumpian scam.

Well I can certainly understand why the Democrats don't like Trump. I mean, let's be honest, equal pay was a campaign issue when Obama first ran for president. Even with Pelosi and Reed controlling the legislative branch, women was just a promise ploy to get this president elected as the liberal dream list like Obamacare to precedence. Now Hillary wants to plagiarize Obama's message on infrastructure, maintaining national healthcare, and particularly equal pay. So if the democrats can't get their act together after 8 years, and it's really just a draw to get women voters rather than a goal of achievement, why not allow Trump to make it a campaign issue? After all he has his daughter that's smart enough to run and maintain an executive position, as I'm sure she shares an opinion of what women need to see more in the business realm. If we leave it to Hillary, most likely we will only hear about it again through the next democrat who wants to make their mark as president.

.... and that's from a guy who's boardname is ShacklesOfBigGov?? Did I fall down a rabbit hole this morning?
Enter some alternate universe? In the words of Adm. Stockdale (failed VP candidate) "Where am I ? Why am I here? "

Is this now a race to pander and spend and IGNORE the YUUUGE dysfunction that is the Fed govt?

c_k, he is not principled. He will not go to the mat for any of us. He will do whatever he wants. He does not care about us.
Well, none of them are going to the mat for me. Hillary obviously has a history of wanting pro family legislation (and if you believe the gummit has no biz in creating benefits for families at the expense of non-families, I respect your opinion). With Trump it's more difficult. His campaign positions are at odds with what he's said in the past.

I'd guess he is sincere on wanting to reexamine every trade deal, and dial back any provision giving another country some advantage we don't get. Now how he does that, or who judges the advantage ... I dunno. I think he sincerely wants to do what Ivanka wants in pro-family stuff. And I don't think Ivanka and her husband are sociopaths. Although, again, I doubt this foundation gives the same family benefts to workers as the Clinton foundation.

.... and that's from a guy who's boardname is ShacklesOfBigGov?? Did I fall down a rabbit hole this morning?
Enter some alternate universe? In the words of Adm. Stockdale (failed VP candidate) "Where am I ? Why am I here? "

Is this now a race to pander and spend and IGNORE the YUUUGE dysfunction that is the Fed govt?

Do you want to compare 6 weeks of paid maternity leave with 26 weeks of state unemployment? The incentive here is "work" and the health of the mother as she nears her due date, which is really just a drop in the bucket compared to what the Federal Government pays in welfare for those who DON'T work. Which would you rather those in Washington spend their money on supporting? Are you otherwise happy members of Congress have resorted to throwing money at those who simply choose not to work but are able to get a job?

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with it. However, imo, there's a issue of sincerity. Does he go "all in" because he sees an advantage politically or in pleasing Ivanka ... or does he think it's the right thing to do. I dunno.

Examples:

Young Lincoln was a Whig, who generally were anti-slavery and pro-railroad. He came as advertised.

Conversely

FDR was a surprise to all. He was fairly specious and seen as not too deep. He actually declined to run for governor at one time, but he was too interested in the navy. After polio, he ran for governor to succeed Al Smith, who ran for potus. He was still seen as a cardboard cut out. But, he was a progressive, if not a deep thinker progressive. No one had reason to suspect his disability taught him the compassion he had. In retrospect, it was obvious.

Reagan ran a 15 year campaign.

Trump embraced the Alt R. Don't ask me agree that he has character.

Forum List

Back