Trump's admin has a problem - unemployment is too damn low.

No matter what happens he'll just say it was a great success without details. The UE number can go up OR down and they will still claim victory

As this article from forbes explains low unemployment is a problem for Trump, .
Forbes has some lefty op-ed contributors. The UE numbers are fake. Expect some real ones now that the leftist government has been overthrown.

Do you have ANY actual thoughts about the SUBJECT? Or are you just a lemming on a mission to protect Trump's claims from dispute by any ridiculous means necessary?
I responded to the point, the UE numbers are fake. You couldn't see it because your religious beliefs simply filtered it out.

Which numbers are not fake?

According to you what are non-fake, good unemployment numbers?

As this article from forbes explains low unemployment is a problem for Trump, he ran on painting a bleak picture of America and promised to fix it. But of course reality of standard U3 4.5% unemployment with probably around 4.0% bottom out will not make for a great turn around story.

So what are the honest folks at the new administration to do? Well they take their cue from their leader and begin by denying that there is any such thing as objective measure of unemployment.

Trump spent more than a year on the campaign trail using a variety of statistics to falsely claim that up to 42 percent of American people were unemployed. That stat was widely denounced for including all people “not in the workforce,” including retirees and stay-at-home parents.

When asked to commit to a particular, objective, well defined measure of unemployment Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer could not, and instead provided this piece of completely un-quantifiable measure:

for too long it’s been about stats, ... about what number we are looking at, as opposed to what face we are looking at.

So in this way Trump's administration can talk about whatever "face" it feels like, unbound by broad reality of what is actually going on with unemployment in America.

seanspicer-fb.jpg

The White House Press Secretary Pivots From Attacking The Press To Gaslighting Them

The (clown) show must go on.

Phony baloney. One line then, and you must agree or you are GASLIGHTING-)

LINE-------->since unemployment is so low, we can now cut much of the foodstamp program, much of the welfare programs, a put an upper limit on how much you can draw from them!

Irrelevant. It's commonly recognized that there is significant underemployment out there, so Trump's challenge is to maximize workforce potential.

If that happens, we could see significant growth in the GDP, even if the UE doesn't decrease much or at all.

Will he do it? Who knows. But that's the challenge and the opportunity.

It is commonly recognized BASED ON WHAT?

How can we have a sane discussion on employment without any objective standard of measuring it?

What is the proposed yardsick that will satisfy our wishy washy conservative friends?

It's like we are entering this bizzaro world where facts are defined by what we'd like to be true instead of instructing us on what is true.

Last edited:
im sure the people working 2 part time jobs or a minimum wage job will appreciate any jobs that pay a living wage,and im more than sure there are many in that category....

Irrelevant. It's commonly recognized that there is significant underemployment out there, so Trump's challenge is to maximize workforce potential.

If that happens, we could see significant growth in the GDP, even if the UE doesn't decrease much or at all.

How can we have a sane discussion on employment without any objective standard of measuring it?

What is the proposed yardsick that will satisfy our wishy washy conservative friends?
I don't think there is a measurement that can be used.

We'll just have to hope for the best and see.

Most of us will be hoping for the best, even many of us who didn't vote for him.

Most of us will be hoping for the best, even many of us who didn't vote for him.

What is it that you are "HOPING" for if nothing can be measured? What the fuck is "best" and how would you know? Trump will tell you?

Am I the crazy one out here?

Forbes has some lefty op-ed contributors. The UE numbers are fake. Expect some real ones now that the leftist government has been overthrown.

Do you have ANY actual thoughts about the SUBJECT? Or are you just a lemming on a mission to protect Trump's claims from dispute by any ridiculous means necessary?
I responded to the point, the UE numbers are fake. You couldn't see it because your religious beliefs simply filtered it out.

Like I said, you simply filtered it out. I said now that the leftists have been overthrown expect some real numbers soon.

Like I said, you simply filtered it out. I said now that the leftists have been overthrown expect some real numbers soon.

lol where the fuck did you pull that assertion from?

Did Trump administration ever claim that they will change how unemployment is calculated by BLS? Or is it something you simply made up and HOPE to be true?

Maybe when the 66% of the country that feel things have just remained the same or gotten worse feel things are getting better.

What is it that you are "HOPING" for if nothing can be measured? What the fuck is "best" and how would you know? Trump will tell you?

Those numbers have been skewed for years now. Hopefully they will be held to the standard they should have been all along.

Did Trump administration ever claim that they will change how unemployment is calculated by BLS? Or is it something you simply made up and HOPE to be true?

Yes, you may want to calm down a bit.

There is probably no way to measure under-employment unless and until we examine what can be measured.

What can be measured are (1) GDP, (2) depth & breadth of economic activity, and (3) satisfaction with the economy, measured specifically at the voting booth.

Not that complicated, although such measurements don't really lend themselves to simplistic partisan debate.

Since the numbers are bullshit, many millions not counted because they can't find decent work, of course they will change it from the fake system we've been using. Why would they continue to deceive us?

Maybe when the 66% of the country that feel things have just remained the same or gotten worse feel things are getting better.

A lot of what country "feels" is what it is told.

When Trump goes out there and talks about how horrible unemployment is and that it is perhaps 40% part of the country that supports this guy gets a FEELING that it is so.

Without objective measures such FEELINGS cannot be disputed, cannot be corrected and lead to BAD electoral decisions.

I think all the burger flippers you created will take a job with a better wage and robots can replace em

No, their pocketbooks, and bank accounts tell them. Lol

When Trump goes out there and talks about how horrible unemployment is and that it is perhaps 40% part of the country that supports this guy gets a FEELING that it is so.

Without objective measures such FEELINGS cannot be disputed, cannot be corrected and lead to BAD electoral decisions.

As this article from forbes explains low unemployment is a problem for Trump, he ran on painting a bleak picture of America and promised to fix it. But of course reality of standard U3 4.5% unemployment with probably around 4.0% bottom out will not make for a great turn around story.

So what are the honest folks at the new administration to do? Well they take their cue from their leader and begin by denying that there is any such thing as objective measure of unemployment.

Trump spent more than a year on the campaign trail using a variety of statistics to falsely claim that up to 42 percent of American people were unemployed. That stat was widely denounced for including all people “not in the workforce,” including retirees and stay-at-home parents.

When asked to commit to a particular, objective, well defined measure of unemployment Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer could not, and instead provided this piece of completely un-quantifiable measure:

for too long it’s been about stats, ... about what number we are looking at, as opposed to what face we are looking at.

So in this way Trump's administration can talk about whatever "face" it feels like, unbound by broad reality of what is actually going on with unemployment in America.

seanspicer-fb.jpg

The White House Press Secretary Pivots From Attacking The Press To Gaslighting Them

Do you even know when the last time was that the U.S. unemployment rate was 4.9% or higher for 96 consecutive months? I'll give you a hint: FDR was president.

Without objective measures such FEELINGS cannot be disputed, cannot be corrected and lead to BAD electoral decisions (see election of Trump).
The problem is that most people know the economy and job market sucks. Employers take advantage of employees because they damn sure know it. 1,000 guys will take your job in a heart beat. Everything the liberal believes in is ass backwards. A better economy means better pay and opportunity and we have NOT been on that road for too long.

seanspicer-fb.jpg

They are right, the UE is a terrible measure of employment health. Obama got a low one by discouraging workers and getting them to quit looking for jobs. That's why you, well not you someone not stupid, looks at a variety of rates. If you had a critical mind and looked at the LFPR with the UE, you'd immediately say Houston, we have a problem ...

Forum List

Back