🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's first 100 days: Expand the Supreme Court

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Under the reasonable assumption that Trump wins, and has enough tail to take the senate…

The very first item on his legislative agenda should be an expansion of the Supreme Court.
Liberals have been screaming for it since the McConnell gambit, and have been standing up to scream it since Dobbs.
No reason he cannot give it to them.

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea - with ever fiber of their being.

Last edited:
Under the reasonable assumption that Trump wins, and has enough tail to take the senate…

The very first item on his legislative agenda should be an expansion of the Supreme Court.
Liberals have been screaming for it since the McConnell gambit, and have been standing up to scream it since Dobbs.

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea with ever fiber of their being.
Why don't you go and dig FDR up. Ask him how that worked out for him? :auiqs.jpg:

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea with ever fiber of their being.
Naw. He should support and get passed an amendment to set the limit the court to nine SCOTUS justices.

Why don't you go and dig FDR up. Ask him how that worked out for him? :auiqs.jpg:

Correct, a very transparent motive behind doing that, but the OP is correct. Several Democratic members of Congress have called for this. Were Trump to win the election, I imagine they would be singing quite a different tune.

Naw. He should support and get passed an amendment to set the limit the court to nine SCOTUS justices.

I'd be fine with expanding it to 13, one for each circuit court, but in my opinion, it should be done gradually over a period of 16 years, one additional justice per presidential term. That's the only way to make it fair.

Absolutely not. This isn't about what's in republicans best interest, it's about what's in America's best interest.

If he expands it in our favor then the next time a Democrat gets in there they will want to expand it also. Next thing you know there are 30 people on the supreme Court.

It's fine the way it is.

If all anyone ever did was just keep changing things in their favor nothing would get done because everything would be so bloated they would become ineffective as everyone would always be trying to out do the others.

I'd be fine with expanding it to 13, one for each circuit court, but in my opinion, it should be done gradually over a period of 16 years, one additional justice per presidential term. That's the only way to make it fair.
I don't support expansion of the court. However, if it was to be done there is wisdom in stretching out the expansion over time as you suggested.

Absolutely not. This isn't about what's in republicans best interest, it's about what's in America's best interest.

If he expands it in our favor then the next time a Democrat gets in there they will want to expand it also. Next thing you know there are 30 people on the supreme Court.

It's fine the way it is.

If all anyone ever did was just keep changing things in their favor nothing would get done because everything would be so bloated they would become ineffective as everyone would always be trying to out do the others.
Thinking Democrats won’t do something to push their politics is a failure to know what’s occurred the past decade.

They will, of course, suddenly oppose this idea - with ever fiber of their being.
Democrats/Republicans: Monkey-see, monkey-do. :rolleyes:

Expanding the number of Supreme Court positions is something that will require at least 60 votes in the Senate, something that neither party is likely to achieve anytime soon. And that is as it should be IMHO. I do not see the GOP doing that, but the democrats would and probably will when they are able to do so by abolishing the filibuster. What's the difference between a 5-4 court and a 6-5 court or a 7-6 court? I'm not seeing a positive change here, but it will put more emphasis on Senate elections, cuz then you'll have more frequent vacancies.

The simple truth is that the democrats want control of the Supreme Court in their favor and they will resort to any means necessary to achieve that.

You keep punching back twice as hard.

I’ll add that every major Democrat should have criminal charges filed against them no matter how flimsy or fabricated the evidence is.
I believe that all Democrats involved in the Steele Dossier should be in jail, any way. I do not believe in fabricating evidence.

Forum List

Back