Trumps hole card

hide and watch Gomer.
Please give me your legal analysis of how the two situations are the same, and the precedent set forth against Truman in taking over the steel industry applies to Trump building fortifications.

I'll wait.

#1 - there is no national emergency

#2 - see #1

#3 - the POTUS cant spend a penny without CONGRESS -- READ THE CONSTITUTION

THE END

even Fox isnt that damn dumb -

The Supreme Court has made it very clear – even in times of emergency – the president of the United States of America cannot spend money unless it’s been authorized by the Congress,” Napolitano told FOX Business’ Maria BartiromoOpens a New Window. on Monday.

Last edited:
the same reason the SUPREME COURT rejected Truman during a WAR - HE HAS TO GO THROUGH CONGRESS !
Stop. That case is NOTHING like the current situation. Dude tried to take over the steel industry. Trump is building military fortifications.

Apples to Peanuts.

hide and watch Gomer.

the constitution is clear on this issue.

The current law was written in 1976, long after Truman.

the Constitution was written long before that AND HASNT BEEN AMENDED !!

the same reason the SUPREME COURT rejected Truman during a WAR - HE HAS TO GO THROUGH CONGRESS !
Stop. That case is NOTHING like the current situation. Dude tried to take over the steel industry. Trump is building military fortifications.

Apples to Peanuts.

hide and watch Gomer.

What you fail to understand is the President was authorized by congress to move funds around in an emergency. They also gave only the President the power to declare an emergency. He has the authority, given to him by Congress, so far he has chosen not to exercise that authority.

Apples to Peanuts.

hide and watch Gomer.

What you fail to understand is the President was authorized by congress to move funds around in an emergency. They also gave only the President the power to declare an emergency. He has the authority, given to him by Congress, so far he has chosen not to exercise that authority.

show me exactly where in the constitution it says the potus can spend $ without congress OR when, where, and how much $$ congress approved Trump to " move around"

lol

Trump isnt smart enough to figure this one out so politicians do it for him - and Graham is a pissant politician

Republican Senator Graham: Trump should use emergency powers to fund wall

heres how this plays out;

Graham knows full well it will go to court FOR MONTHS and be rejected - Trump blames the court, yammers about how he tried and he is the only one who cares about national security - his base gets a chubby - the GOP saves face for shutting down the wall in Congress and BADA BING BADA BOOM on to the next phase of RW anti Iimmigration bullshit ...
Why would courts reject it?

I'm not reassured by this.

What the President Could Do If He Declares a State of Emergency

However Trump's continued appeals to the minority's worst instincts continue to make his reelection even more of a longshot, and eminent domain takes over two years.

Trump isnt smart enough to figure this one out so politicians do it for him - and Graham is a pissant politician

Graham knows full well it will go to court FOR MONTHS and be rejected - Trump blames the court, yammers about how he tried and he is the only one who cares about national security - his base gets a chubby - the GOP saves face for shutting down the wall in Congress and BADA BING BADA BOOM on to the next phase of RW anti Iimmigration bullshit ...

However Trump's continued appeals to the minority's worst instincts continue to make his reelection even more of a longshot, and eminent domain takes over two years.

he can declare a national emergency until he's purple - thats his right

but

until CONGRESS approves spending any money OR until the Supreme Court tells Congress to allow him to spend money NO WALL WILL GET BUILT ... NOW OR EVER.

Apples to Peanuts.

hide and watch Gomer.

show me exactly where in the constitution it says the potus can spend $ without congress OR when, where, and how much $$ congress approved Trump to " move around"

lol

Congress abdicated their authority, which is Constitutional. Just because you're too ignorant to understand that is your problem, not mine.

hide and watch Gomer.

lol

Congress abdicated their authority, which is Constitutional. Just because you're too ignorant to understand that is your problem, not mine.

bla bla bla - sure thing Buckwheat .....

lets backtrack --Trump is WAITING not to exercise that authority in a NATIONAL EMERGENCY ?

A real live National Emergency and Goldilocks is asleep at the wheel ? sounds about right coming from that clown/

translation;

there is no emergency.

lol

lets backtrack --Trump is WAITING not to exercise that authority in a NATIONAL EMERGENCY ?

A real live National Emergency and Goldilocks is asleep at the wheel ? sounds about right coming from that clown/

translation;

there is no emergency.

Yep, not till the president declares one. You might want to read the link in bendogs post.

lol

translation;

there is no emergency.

Yep, not till the president declares one. You might want to read the link in bendogs post.

I suggest you might want to get your head out of your butt.

he can declare a national emergency until he's purple - thats his right

but

until CONGRESS approves spending any money OR until the Supreme Court tells Congress to allow him to spend money NO WALL WILL GET BUILT ... NOW OR EVER.
I don't think that's right. Congress can sue, and it will. A court will probably put a hold on any proprosed transfer of money. But I think it's pretty clear that a president can declare an emergency, and I think transferring money between agencies departments is allowed, so long as the purpose of the allocation does not change, e.g. property construction/repair. \

the limitation on a president is that Congress can override his emergency, the potus has to renew it by the year.

Obviously, Trump is circumventing the law. It was not intended to allow a potus to declare something is an emergency when it's not new or a surprise, or where congress has considered what the potus wants, and decided it's not in the nation's interest.

But to stop Trump would require a Court to determine what Congress intended an emergency to be. Rather than just saying "nope, moving money is not on the list of what he can do."

lol

translation;

there is no emergency.

Links? I got it here.
Can Trump Use a National Emergency to Build a Wall? - The Atlantic

but I gotta say, when it's all set and done, there won't be a wall across texas. Not unless the polls really flip.

9th circuit

I hadn't thought about it as the OP put it, but I could see how that would make immigration a driving issue for 2020 on both the presidential and congressional level.

Ive heard a couple of tv lawyers say NO
'
called a lawyer bud of mine , he said NO

Trump wants a wall with his name on it soooooooooooooo bad, if he could he would.

thats why I believe he will - it goes to supreme court - the sc says no.

lol

translation;

there is no emergency.

Links? I got it here.
Can Trump Use a National Emergency to Build a Wall? - The Atlantic

but I gotta say, when it's all set and done, there won't be a wall across texas. Not unless the polls really flip.

That wasn't much different than your first link. The recourse set in the law is a joint resolution of congress, not the courts. With the congress so divided I can't say I see that happening. But at this point it's all moot, there has been no declaration.

Forum List

Back