Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.
Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.
I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.
But you wish women kill babies. That’s not moral no matter how hard your dick gets.
No. Someone told you that lie and you believed it.

I wonder who that was?
Someone told me what? I was told killing was immoral, guess you believe in it

Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

Im a christian but thats my deal and nobody elses. Trump is a great president, I dont give a damn whether he goes to church or has a girlfriend . I care about my life.

/——/ Manufacturing jobs aren’t coming back except when they are.

Except they really aren't.

global-manufacturingdecline.jpg

Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.
I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.
But you wish women kill babies. That’s not moral no matter how hard your dick gets.

I wonder who that was?
Don't be stupider than you have to be. You're dumb enough without the extra effort.

I wonder who that was?
Don't be stupider than you have to be. You're dumb enough without the extra effort.
And still that much smarter than you

How many so-called Righteous Christians have their little secrets stashed away in closets and other places. Preachers stand up to exhort their audiences to live the clean life while they themselves have darkness that would destroy them if it came to light.

So what do we have with a non-preacher who has been a leader of civilian industry? And is now a leader of this great nation?

A man with faults open to the world. A few failed marriages - who hasn't had them. But offspring who have reached pinnacles many of us just dream of. An American politician who openly recognized that God was and is behind this land and that Americans have the right to practice their religions - as long as they don't hurt others.

I would far rather an immoral man show us his faults than a moral man hide his evils.

What does that even mean, Billy?
It’s pretty straight forward. If he feels no guilt and has no desire to change his behavior, he definitely can’t be redeemed. I mean shit TK you’re a Christian right? Someone who murders someone else can still get into heaven if they condemn their prior behavior and accept Christ as their savior, right? This isn’t to say Trump murdered someone - I’m just giving an example of how sinning is actually forgiven. Trump feels no remorse for any of his sins suffice to say.
You already lost. Trump has done way worse than franken. Franken got booted and trump got elected. Repubs have no morals.

But he hasn't done worse than Franken. Franken literally sexually assaulted a women. He put his hand behind her head, and forced his tongue into her mouth.

Trump has not done that. Not even close.
franken took some pictures. Trump admitted to grabbing women by the pussy. Sounds like sexual assault to me.

You know, as well as I do, that some women enjoy that. Don't lie, you know there are crazy women out there.

And given we're talking about Trump. I wouldn't doubt for a second, that some chicks intentionally made themselves available to him. In fact, Storm Daniels openly admitted to making herself available to Trump specifically, because she thought she could get on the apprentice.

Regardless, no one has filed charges against Trump.

So what you "think" he did or didn't do is irrelevant.

And quite frank-en... grabbing a woman's butt, is no where close to grabbing a woman's head, and forcing your tongue in her mouth.

Both are bad, but one is not comparable to the other.

No one has filed charges against Trump?

Wow.

I stand corrected.

There were several lawsuits filed.

I'm curious as to why he was never sent to jail then?

There is a ton of questionable statements being tossed around on those. Ivana for example, said all kinds of stuff, and then said that all those stories are without merit.

Jill Harth said all kinds of stuff, and then got a job working for Trump as a makeup artist. If someone really sexually assaulted you, the way you claim... would you work for them as a makeup artist, and help them win an election?

Alva Johnson filed suit over a supposed kiss no one says happened, which includes..... "a victim of race and gender discrimination through unequal pay"... well that certainly spells out how she was forcibly kissed.....

Look, if Trump really did all this, then why is it never coming out until after he's elected?

Why would you wait decades, to send a rapist to jail?

But here's the deal... if you can make the case that he raped someone, then do so. Allegations are not the same as proving it. Contact the police and file charges.

Look at what happened to the women who came forward. Look at the threats, and the public humiliation. Those of us who have had nasty, aggressive, unpleasant and unwanted advances, aren’t going to go through police interrogation and then face unrelenting lies and attacks in the media.

Ten minutes of fighting someone off and two years of court rooms, having your life turned upside down, and being branded a money grubbing bimbo in the press.

Not worth the effort. I didn’t press charges and neither did anyone I know.

How many so-called Righteous Christians have their little secrets stashed away in closets and other places. Preachers stand up to exhort their audiences to live the clean life while they themselves have darkness that would destroy them if it came to light.

So what do we have with a non-preacher who has been a leader of civilian industry? And is now a leader of this great nation?

A man with faults open to the world. A few failed marriages - who hasn't had them. But offspring who have reached pinnacles many of us just dream of. An American politician who openly recognized that God was and is behind this land and that Americans have the right to practice their religions - as long as they don't hurt others.

I would far rather an immoral man show us his faults than a moral man hide his evils.

He doesn't have a few faults.

And my guess is he could be sacrificing babies to Satan, but as long as you get tax cuts for rich people and a few neaderthals on SCOTUS, you'd be fine with that, too. The one thing we've learned is the Christian Right has no morals...

Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
Every major character in the Bible except a Jesus had major character flaws. Moses murdered, David had his friend killed to take his wife, Paul had Christians murdered, etc etc.

God uses us despite our flaws.

/——/ Manufacturing jobs aren’t coming back except when they are.

Except they really aren't.

global-manufacturingdecline.jpg
/——/ “Last year, 264,000 new manufacturing jobs were added, representing the highest number of new workers since 1988. As a percent of the total workforce, manufacturing rose for the first time since 1984.” From my link.

The GOP is no longer about morality, and it's no longer about fiscal conservatism.

This would probably explain why so many Republican legislators aren't running again.

This is an all-new party now. Give us some time to get used to it.
It's really not, it's just that your own party has shifted further left.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

The GOP is no longer about morality, and it's no longer about fiscal conservatism.

This would probably explain why so many Republican legislators aren't running again.

This is an all-new party now. Give us some time to get used to it.
It's really not, it's just that your own party has shifted further left.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk
Of course it is. You defend and celebrate the most vulgar and immoral President this country has ever had, and you celebrate his hyper-Keynesian fiscal policies.

Every single day.

The least you can do is admit that the party has changed.

Forum List

Back