Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I agree. Trump should not have done that.

Now, back to which is better for Conservatives in the US, between Trump and Hillary "deplorables"? Obviously Trump is the better choice.
Trillion dollar deficits are conservative? More government control of trade is conservative?

You have pointed to two specific examples, out of hundreds, that are not conservative.

Tax cuts.
Ending Iran deal.
Ending the climate treaty.
Getting judgements appointed.
Jerusalem embassy
Fighting illegal immigration.
Reducing regulations.

I would either consider the in or out policy with Syria a good move.
I hated that policy of neither pushing out Assad, nor leaving, plan Obama left us with.

I can think of several others off the top of my head.

Yes, his over spending needs to stop. Yes, I disagree with the trade war. However, he's not doing nearly as much damage as the left-wingers are freaking out on.

I'm more concerned with over spending, than the trade war.

Regardless, still way more conservative a track record, than Hillary would have been. So even with his flaws, still better than anything you people offered. I will likely vote for Trump this time around.
Yes 2 very big ones. Tax cuts that lead to huge deficits aren't conservative. I see no success in ending the Iran deal. Conservatives are jewish? Who is winning this immigration fight? Seems unchanged.

Remember when conservatives said a president shouldn't rule by executive order? Oh they threw that out. Conservatives are just confused right now.

The American people are losing in Trump's immigration policies. While Trump keeps 40,000 non-criminal immigrants in detention camps, at a cost of $700 per person, per day, taxpayers are footing the bills, and Trump's Inauguration Fund donors are getting rich.

Why is Trump increasing military spending and buying all of this new military equipment if he plans to end the wars and bring all the troops home? That makes no logical sense at all.
/——-/ I guess you can’t grasp that the concept of being well prepared for war is a deterrent in itself.

Obama to Trump: 'What magic wand do you have?'
During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said.

Manufacturing still isn't coming back. Sorry. Machines do that shit now.

Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

Rahab the Prostitute (or innkeeper, translations vary) sold out her own people who were slaughtered to every man, woman and child.

THis is a moral person by you?

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

As the Great Mark Twain said, Twinky-boy, it's not the parts of the bible I don't understand that trouble me, it's the parts I understand perfectly well. The God of the bible is petty, cruel, vindictive and kind of needy.
We were the laughing stock of the globe.

No, we are the laughingstock of the globe, now.

I never remember Obama being laughed at by foreign leaders and leaving a NATO conference in a huff.

JoeB, you will always be the laughing stock of the world, and this forum in particular.

We as in the Americans... which you are not one of... absolutely not.

JoeB, you will always be the laughing stock of the world, and this forum in particular.

That's exactly what I meant, dude. People are laughing at America that we have put such a buffoon in charge, and that most of us didn't want him to start with.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? It appears you had difficulty understanding.

No one of any relevance is laughing at America. People do laugh at your stupidity for even entertaining such stupid notions.

Your anti-American comedy show hosts may do that. The reality however, is not your fake ass echo-chamber.

Merry Christmas JoeB.

Trumpsters necessarily have to drop their standards on "morality" to support this man the way to they do.

That's up to you guys. Drop your standards on everything, if it's worth it to you. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

But forget about claiming the license to attack the morality of others. You pissed that away when you sold your soul to this guy.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? It appears you had difficulty understanding.

No one of any relevance is laughing at America. People do laugh at your stupidity for even entertaining such stupid notions.

Our major allies laughing at us out in the open isn't "relevant"? Really?

Your anti-American comedy show hosts may do that. The reality however, is not your fake ass echo-chamber.

Reality- when the election comes around, Trump will be shown the door and we'll all look back at this with massive shame.

Our major allies laughing at us out in the open isn't "relevant"? Really?

Reality- when the election comes around, Trump will be shown the door and we'll all look back at this with massive shame.

You will be shown the door out of the country. And hopefully before the election.

An Eskimo is more American.

That's exactly what I meant, dude. People are laughing at America that we have put such a buffoon in charge, and that most of us didn't want him to start with.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Maddow On The Brain Syndrome"

Trumpsters necessarily have to drop their standards on "morality" to support this man the way to they do.

That's up to you guys. Drop your standards on everything, if it's worth it to you. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

But forget about claiming the license to attack the morality of others. You pissed that away when you sold your soul to this guy.

The leftists dropped the moral standards. Without double standards they would have no standards as the sayings go. The impeachment and Kavanaugh debacle is out of a banana republic's playbook. Yet you whine about Trump's irrelevant personal behavior.

Come back Mac when you figure out how to keep the 3rd worldists at bay without descending to their level. Experience says, you will only lose with dignity while the mob runs over you. What happened to the democrat party? I choose winning with glory over that.

Last edited:
Obama to Trump: 'What magic wand do you have?'
During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said.

Manufacturing still isn't coming back. Sorry. Machines do that shit now.
/——/ Manufacturing jobs aren’t coming back except when they are.
U.S. enjoys best manufacturing jobs growth of the last 30 years

We were the laughing stock of the globe.

No, we are the laughingstock of the globe, now.

I never remember Obama being laughed at by foreign leaders and leaving a NATO conference in a huff.
/—-/ The azzclowns we’re laughing at Trump because he was spending so much time with the media. Something the Eurotrash leaders think is beneath them. Does Obozo come to mind?

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
It's an excuse making thread.

tRump has no morals.
You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.
Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.
Each person has their own morals, to think someone have the same morals is immoral . An oxymoron, with emphasis on moron

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.
You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.
Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.
I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.
But you wish women kill babies. That’s not moral no matter how hard your dick gets.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
Well we had 2 choices.
A sinner, Trump.
Hillary, the antichrist.
I picked the sinner.
Well, no man is without sin. Those glass houses are relevant

...Just stop being an ass and you'll get further...

You know, not to change the subject, but that sage piece of advice would do wonders for Democrats. They would be so much more successful if they were just civil, and even maybe give a little.

Take the wall for example. Fior a crappy few billion dollars I'll bet Trump would have given them the world in a budget. Give him his wall, and he would have given them everything like it was Christmas. But noooooo.... ...they had to be jerks, call him a racist, and now they are going down.

Liberals just do not know how to be decent or civil. They have stabbed themselves in the foot every step of the way

I couldn't agree more....The more I observe democrats, the more I come to the conclusion that they never progressed past throwing a tantrum in the high chair when they couldn't get dessert before dinner....
Blackmailers one and all they are

The leftists dropped the moral standards. Without double standards they would have no standards as the sayings go. The impeachment and Kavanaugh debacle is out of a banana republic's playbook. Yet you whine about Trump's irrelevant personal behavior.

Come back Mac when you figure out how to keep the 3rd worldists at bay without descending to their level. Experience says, you will only lose with dignity while the mob runs over you. What happened to the democrat party? I choose winning with glory over that.
Using the other guy as an excuse to drop your standards only guarantees more and more decay.

Winning -- being the "winner" as everything goes south, the king of the shit pile -- isn't worth it to me.

tRump has no morals.

I hold the same basic moral beliefs as most Americans. Lying and cheating on your spouse are bad.
But you wish women kill babies. That’s not moral no matter how hard your dick gets.
No. Someone told you that lie and you believed it.

I wonder who that was?

Using the other guy as an excuse to drop your standards only guarantees more and more decay.

Winning -- being the "winner" as everything goes south, the king of the losers -- isn't worth it to me.

The first worldists winning over the 3rd worldists sure is winning for Americans. You only need to drop your standards when dealing with them, high standards are a huge advantage when dealing with almost anything else. Actually scrap that, being firm against these people IS having high standards and not caving to their mobtastic peer pressure.

Forum List

Back