Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

I don't recall ever having a president that felt they needed to constantly name call. I don't think Jesus would approve. Why does the president do something we teach our children not to?

Funny, I thought the same thing with Obama and Clinton.

Why did those presidents do what I would assume you teach your children to not do? You know like lying constantly?
Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I agree. Trump should not have done that.

Now, back to which is better for Conservatives in the US, between Trump and Hillary "deplorables"? Obviously Trump is the better choice.
Trillion dollar deficits are conservative? More government control of trade is conservative?

You have pointed to two specific examples, out of hundreds, that are not conservative.

Tax cuts.
Ending Iran deal.
Ending the climate treaty.
Getting judgements appointed.
Jerusalem embassy
Fighting illegal immigration.
Reducing regulations.

I would either consider the in or out policy with Syria a good move.
I hated that policy of neither pushing out Assad, nor leaving, plan Obama left us with.

I can think of several others off the top of my head.

Yes, his over spending needs to stop. Yes, I disagree with the trade war. However, he's not doing nearly as much damage as the left-wingers are freaking out on.

I'm more concerned with over spending, than the trade war.

Regardless, still way more conservative a track record, than Hillary would have been. So even with his flaws, still better than anything you people offered. I will likely vote for Trump this time around.
Yes 2 very big ones. Tax cuts that lead to huge deficits aren't conservative. I see no success in ending the Iran deal. Conservatives are jewish? Who is winning this immigration fight? Seems unchanged.

Remember when conservatives said a president shouldn't rule by executive order? Oh they threw that out. Conservatives are just confused right now.

Funny, I thought the same thing with Obama and Clinton.

Why did those presidents do what I would assume you teach your children to not do? You know like lying constantly?
Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

I agree. Trump should not have done that.

Now, back to which is better for Conservatives in the US, between Trump and Hillary "deplorables"? Obviously Trump is the better choice.
Trillion dollar deficits are conservative? More government control of trade is conservative?

You have pointed to two specific examples, out of hundreds, that are not conservative.

Tax cuts.
Ending Iran deal.
Ending the climate treaty.
Getting judgements appointed.
Jerusalem embassy
Fighting illegal immigration.
Reducing regulations.

I would either consider the in or out policy with Syria a good move.
I hated that policy of neither pushing out Assad, nor leaving, plan Obama left us with.

I can think of several others off the top of my head.

Yes, his over spending needs to stop. Yes, I disagree with the trade war. However, he's not doing nearly as much damage as the left-wingers are freaking out on.

I'm more concerned with over spending, than the trade war.

Regardless, still way more conservative a track record, than Hillary would have been. So even with his flaws, still better than anything you people offered. I will likely vote for Trump this time around.
Yes 2 very big ones. Tax cuts that lead to huge deficits aren't conservative. I see no success in ending the Iran deal. Conservatives are jewish? Who is winning this immigration fight? Seems unchanged.

Remember when conservatives said a president shouldn't rule by executive order? Oh they threw that out. Conservatives are just confused right now.

The American people are losing in Trump's immigration policies. While Trump keeps 40,000 non-criminal immigrants in detention camps, at a cost of $700 per person, per day, taxpayers are footing the bills, and Trump's Inauguration Fund donors are getting rich.

Why is Trump increasing military spending and buying all of this new military equipment if he plans to end the wars and bring all the troops home? That makes no logical sense at all.

Well then he should have thought twice about it, being a married man with children.

There is no good reason to lie when asked a direct question about if you slept with an intern. And asked under oath, you don't worry about "embarrassing" anyone. You tell the fucking truth, and under oath HE STILL LIED.

He's lying scum that the left worships like Jesus and then they have the audacity to say Trump is immoral. Like I said, the left has NO ROOM TO TALK.

Nobody "worships" Clinton. The left thought that using the ultimate sanction over a sexual scandal was a bit much.

Unlike conspiring with a foreign government to undermine an American election, which is what Trump did.

I'm curious... do you take your cues from him? He acts like a third grader, so you subsequently act like one?

I'm beginning to think acting like an adult is underrated

Well, since you've never tried it, Twinky Boy.

When you are an adult, the first thing you realize the world isn't in black and white... but more shades of gray.

Funny, are you doing anything in your life that you are demanding Trump do? Or are you simply applying moral standards selectively?

Your clairvoyance leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm not the one who is trying to claim a mandate from Jesus. I'm just trying to get by day to day, helping out where I can. I'm not a good man, I'm not a bad man.

Trump is a very bad man. This is someone who is banned from running a charity in New York because he stole from veterans and cancer victims.

Al Franken did a lot more than that. He put his own party in such a position that they had no choice but to disown him.

All you have left is partisan rhetoric.

No, he really didn't do more than that, and the Senate Democrats were absolute cowards for running him out the way they did.

He engaged in horseplay with a Stripper on a USO tour. Big fucking deal.

/——/. TheGOP ran two Boy Scouts, Mitt and McCain, and neither one could get the job done. Trump is a street fighter the democRATs and media can’t deal with.

The GOP ran a good guy McCain, but McCain had to argue that the GOP knew what it was doing when the whole economy was in flames.

I really don't want a street fighter in the white house. I want a guy who works with people and gets things done.

Who was that directed at?

Regardless, anyone who ignores the morals (or lack thereof) of someone they support politically, and has the audacity to call themselves Christian, betrays the tenets of their faith.

I am not ignoring his morality. I appall his morals. He is an amoral man.

But I am not going to sit here and deny that he has done good things for America.

Clear?

So as long as you can oppress gays and women, you are fine with him.

If the economy suddenly took a dump tomorrow, would Trump suddenly become immoral in your eyes?

Regardless, anyone who ignores the morals (or lack thereof) of someone they support politically, and has the audacity to call themselves Christian, betrays the tenets of their faith.

But I am not going to sit here and deny that he has done good things for America.

Clear?

If the economy suddenly took a dump tomorrow, would Trump suddenly become immoral in your eyes?

This is the problem with you lefties. You live in a fantasy world of rainbows and butterflies. Look, many have said they don't care for Trump's personality, but the bottom line is that he is doing good things for the country.

If you despertely needed life saving surgery, would you prefer a surgeon who was rated the best in his field but happened to be an adulterer or a surgeon who was rated worst in his field but was a champion of civil rights and was up for the Noble Peace prize for his efforts? Sometimes I think Democrats are just dumb enough to choose the latter.

Al Franken did a lot more than that. He put his own party in such a position that they had no choice but to disown him.

All you have left is partisan rhetoric.

No, he really didn't do more than that, and the Senate Democrats were absolute cowards for running him out the way they did.

He engaged in horseplay with a Stripper on a USO tour. Big fucking deal.

/——/. TheGOP ran two Boy Scouts, Mitt and McCain, and neither one could get the job done. Trump is a street fighter the democRATs and media can’t deal with.

The GOP ran a good guy McCain, but McCain had to argue that the GOP knew what it was doing when the whole economy was in flames.

I really don't want a street fighter in the white house. I want a guy who works with people and gets things done.
/——-/ Then support Jeb Bush, he’ll fold up like a cheap camera the way you libtards are used to.

Clear?

/——/ Another Strawman argument. No one is suppressing Gaye’s and women, you dolt.

Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
I think you know about as much about christianity as Trump does aboiut windmills!LOL

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
This is one of the best posts I’ve seen here in quite a while.

This is the problem with you lefties. You live in a fantasy world of rainbows and butterflies. Look, many have said they don't care for Trump's personality, but the bottom line is that he is doing good things for the country.

He's not doing "good things'. He inherited a good economy and it hasn't gone off the rails yet despite a lot of his bad policy decision, such as unnecessary trade wars and running up trillion dollar deficits, which WILL come back to bite us in the ass.

Yes, in my "fantasy" world, people who brag about grabbing women by the pussy and mock the disabled and Gold Star Families, are awful people.

If you despertely needed life saving surgery, would you prefer a surgeon who was rated the best in his field but happened to be an adulterer or a surgeon who was rated worst in his field but was a champion of civil rights and was up for the Noble Peace prize for his efforts? Sometimes I think Democrats are just dumb enough to choose the latter.

Um, here's the thing. If I had a surgeon who acted as erractically as Trump does, who spews conspiracy theories day and night and shows clear signs of mental instability, NO FUCKING WAY I'd let that guy cut on me, and neither would you.

He's not doing "good things'. He inherited a good economy and it hasn't gone off the rails yet despite a lot of his bad policy decision, such as unnecessary trade wars and running up trillion dollar deficits, which WILL come back to bite us in the ass.

Yes, in my "fantasy" world, people who brag about grabbing women by the pussy and mock the disabled and Gold Star Families, are awful people.

Um, here's the thing. If I had a surgeon who acted as erractically as Trump does, who spews conspiracy theories day and night and shows clear signs of mental instability, NO FUCKING WAY I'd let that guy cut on me, and neither would you.
/----/ The economy was in the dull drums - even Obozo said the jobs weren't coming back. Quit lying about your failure.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
Excuse making. donnie wasn't elected by fundies in spite of his faults....he was voted for by fundies BECAUSE of his faults.

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
It's an excuse making thread.

tRump has no morals.
And CRCs voting for him BECAUSE of that.

My opinion of others is my own, not something handed to me by Rush Limbaugh, and much more informed than any bloody tRumpling's could ever be.

Your opinions come from sissy Cold Burt and Bulldyke Madcow. You've never posted an idea that didn't come from a leftist hate source.
It's funny (and a bit frightening) to watch CRC cultists deny reality so very easily when the orange chosen one snaps his fingers. No self esteem?

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

On other related news, Democrats also told us that walls are immoral.

Yeah I wouldn't listen to them when it comes to issues of morality if I were you.

/----/ The economy was in the dull drums - even Obozo said the jobs weren't coming back. Quit lying about your failure.

Wow, you guys are great about re-writing history.

Unemployment was low, the market was at highs... we were doing fine before Trump came along....
/——-/ June 01, 2016 - 08:00 PM EDT
Obama to Trump: 'What magic wand do you have?'
During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said.

Forum List

Back