Trump's promise to Evangelicals: I will destroy the Johnson amendment

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-2-2_12-55-13.png

Trump’s Promise to Evangelicals: I Will ‘Destroy’ the Johnson Amendment
--------------------------------------------

Trump is busting down all this NWO politcal bs. We're going to get the REAL AMERICA back and the leftist hitler loves ain't gonna like it. Oh well get use to it or get out.

but why would he?

All good dictators know that religion is pablum for the people. Control the religion, you control the people. Get rid of the amendment, and you will have all the preachers singing your praises from the pulpit.

Kinda like how Johnson got the African Americans to switch from voting Republican to Democrat by enacting the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

but why would he?

All good dictators know that religion is pablum for the people. Control the religion, you control the people. Get rid of the amendment, and you will have all the preachers singing your praises from the pulpit.

Kinda like how Johnson got the African Americans to switch from voting Republican to Democrat by enacting the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

All good Communists know Gramsci by heart and know that turning people away from morals and principles and into gullible unprincipled amoral fashionistas is the easiest way to destroy opposition to taking over a country, and going after the religious people first is key.

No one should have political pandering if they are on the IRS tax-exempt rolls.

Pay the due if you want to be involved in politics.

Churches should not be tax exempt, period.

All good Americans know that preaching the far right version of religion makes hypocrites of people and turns them away from morals and principles. Such people threaten the American system.

View attachment 110297

Trump is busting down all this NWO politcal bs. We're going to get the REAL AMERICA back and the leftist hitler loves ain't gonna like it. Oh well get use to it or get out.
There's no question that he is in Pander Overdrive......

Nope....I heard an interview with an evangelical leader on the Mike Gallagher show. It took place during the election after Trump met with the leaders of various church groups...he asked them why they didn't do more to promote their faiths and get legislation passed to protect religious freedoms....this being after the baker and the others were attacked by obama.....they told him...The Johnson Amendment.....and he told all of them that if he was elected he would end that stupid thing......

View attachment 110297

rightwingnut religious freaks need to leave everyone else alone.

Yeah...it isn't religious people forcing gays to bake pro-traditional marriage cakes.....

but why would he?

All good Communists know Gramsci by heart and know that turning people away from morals and principles and into gullible unprincipled amoral fashionistas is the easiest way to destroy opposition to taking over a country, and going after the religious people first is key.

How is keeping the amendment "going after the religious people first"? The seem to have been fine with it all the way up until now.

And no, I don't think that preachers should be endorsing one political candidate over another. The military can't go to partisan political rallies in uniform because that constitutes an unofficial endorsement of that candidate by whichever service shows up in uniform.

View attachment 110297

There's no question that he is in Pander Overdrive......

Nope....I heard an interview with an evangelical leader on the Mike Gallagher show. It took place during the election after Trump met with the leaders of various church groups...he asked them why they didn't do more to promote their faiths and get legislation passed to protect religious freedoms....this being after the baker and the others were attacked by obama.....they told him...The Johnson Amendment.....and he told all of them that if he was elected he would end that stupid thing......
And why do you believe this is a defense against a charge of Pandering?

View attachment 110297

Yeah...it isn't religious people forcing gays to bake pro-traditional marriage cakes.....
So one sin is worse than another...Sounds like cherry picking Jebus freaks to me...

but why would he?

How is keeping the amendment "going after the religious people first"? The seem to have been fine with it all the way up until now.

And no, I don't think that preachers should be endorsing one political candidate over another. The military can't go to partisan political rallies in uniform because that constitutes an unofficial endorsement of that candidate by whichever service shows up in uniform.
You don't think preachers should endorse a political candidate? Talk about dictatorships..

View attachment 110297

I'm not going to argue this with bigoted loons.... you can't run a business and not accommodate the public.

if you can't handle the work, don't do it.

you can let whomever you want into your home.... or not.

but why would he?

You don't think preachers should endorse a political candidate? Talk about dictatorships..

No, I don't think that preachers should publicly endorse a candidate, because it could be seen as that particular religion as a whole endorsing the candidate, and it could lead to problems in the church, especially if you have 2 prominent leaders going for different candidates.

But, I have that view because of being in the military. We were told that we were never allowed to go to political rallies for particular candidates in uniform, because it could be seen by the public as that particular service being behind a certain candidate.

but why would he?

No, I don't think that preachers should publicly endorse a candidate, because it could be seen as that particular religion as a whole endorsing the candidate, and it could lead to problems in the church, especially if you have 2 prominent leaders going for different candidates.

But, I have that view because of being in the military. We were told that we were never allowed to go to political rallies for particular candidates in uniform, because it could be seen by the public as that particular service being behind a certain candidate.
Preachers are civilians. That is an absolutely terrible analogy.
Preachers should be able to do say whatever they want. My gawd man, ever hear of the first amendment?

Forum List

Back