Trump's Second Amendment Rhetoric Again Veers Into Threatening Territory

The man is insane. Encouraging the assination of his competitor ( Hillary ) is just a stutter step short of Stalins tactics.

Donald Trump hit Hillary Clinton on Second Amendment rights during a Miami rally Friday night, but made a controversial statement while doing so — suggesting her Secret Service detail should stop carrying guns and "see what happens to her."

"Now, you know she's very much against the Second Amendment, she wants to destroy your Second Amendment — guns, guns, guns, right? I think what we should do is, she goes around with armed bodyguards like you have never seen before," the GOP nominee said, deviating from his prepared remarks on the teleprompter. "I think that her bodyguards should drop all weapons, they should disarm, right? I think they should disarm. Immediately, what do you think? Yeah, take their guns away. She doesn't want guns. Take their – let's see what happens to her. Take their guns away, OK? It'll be very dangerous."

Actually he made a solid point that some on the progressive left believe removing firearms from the general society will make this country safer but what if you took the firearms away from Hillary Clinton Secret Service Detail?

She would be less safe and no Donald Trump was not making any threat against her but pointing out the reality that her Security Detail are carrying guns and make her life safer.

What trump said was clearly a threat to Clintons life. And he knows it. That's why he said it.

Wow...you are moron.......

The man is insane. Encouraging the assination of his competitor ( Hillary ) is just a stutter step short of Stalins tactics.

Donald Trump hit Hillary Clinton on Second Amendment rights during a Miami rally Friday night, but made a controversial statement while doing so — suggesting her Secret Service detail should stop carrying guns and "see what happens to her."

"Now, you know she's very much against the Second Amendment, she wants to destroy your Second Amendment — guns, guns, guns, right? I think what we should do is, she goes around with armed bodyguards like you have never seen before," the GOP nominee said, deviating from his prepared remarks on the teleprompter. "I think that her bodyguards should drop all weapons, they should disarm, right? I think they should disarm. Immediately, what do you think? Yeah, take their guns away. She doesn't want guns. Take their – let's see what happens to her. Take their guns away, OK? It'll be very dangerous."

Actually he made a solid point that some on the progressive left believe removing firearms from the general society will make this country safer but what if you took the firearms away from Hillary Clinton Secret Service Detail?

She would be less safe and no Donald Trump was not making any threat against her but pointing out the reality that her Security Detail are carrying guns and make her life safer.

What trump said was clearly a threat to Clintons life. And he knows it.

No it was not and that is a damn stretch to even come to that damn conclusion!

So please stop with the slanted nonsense and the reality is he stated take away her security detail guns and see what happens and what will happen is some deranged lunatic will attempt something!

So yeah he is correct and you are just twisting his words!

Damn it and I hate Donald John Trump and now I am defending the worthless fucker because those like you are twisting his comment to fit your agenda?

i think dumb donald should allow people to bring guns into his rallies since he's pretending he loves them so much.

:thup:

They did...at the Republican National Convention......and at the NRA convention....and at the Texas Republican Convention....and nothing happened.....

Her security detail is the Secret Service, she doesn't pick them or pay them.....the same secret service as Trump gets for free.....they are not her own body guards....

He's an idiot!

I'm glad he's back in to being himself and off the teleprompter!!!! :D

Polls should be shifting in Hillary's favor again.
So, are you saying her security detail does not have guns since she is against them?
It's our security detail on her....

And trump is lying, as USUAL, she doesn't want to and never has even remotely suggested eliminating the second amendment.

Yes...she said Heller was wrong and wants Australian gun control.

If you really don't see the difference between security for a presidential candidate and every brain dead gun nut being armed 24/7 then you are stupider than I thought.

We have seen it.......in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands.......in 2016 there are now 357 million guns in private hands....and our gun murder rate went down 49%......

Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year for self defense, according to bill clinton's Department of Justice.....

So Americans are incredibly responsible gun owners....

You are wrong.....your points on guns are not based in facts, the truth or reality.......

If you really don't see the difference between security for a presidential candidate and every brain dead gun nut being armed 24/7 then you are stupider than I thought.

And again...you are wrong....

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2016 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

New Study: Over 14.5 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in the number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

The CPRC has new issue of our annual report on the number of concealed handgun permits in the US. A copy of the report isavailable here. Part of the executive summary is shown here:

During President Obama’s administration, the number of concealed handgun permits has soared to over 14.5 million – a 215% increase since 2007. Among the findings of our report:

■ The increase in the number of concealed handgun permits last year set another record, increasing by 1.73 million. That is slightly greater than previous record of 1.69 million set the last year.

■ 6.06% of the total adult population has a permit.

■ In ten states, more than 10% of adults have concealed handgun permits. Indiana has the highest rate — 15%. South Dakota is close behind with 14.7%.

■ Florida, Pennsylvania, and Texas each have over a million residents who are active permit holders.

■ In another 11 states, a permit is no longer required to carry in all or virtually all of the state. Thus the growth in permits does not provide a full picture of the overall increase in concealed carry.

Between 2012 and 2016, in states that provide data by gender, the number of women with permits has increased twice as quickly as the number of men with permits.
Some evidence suggests that permit-holding is increasing about 75% more
quickly among minorities than among whites.

Between 2007 and 2015, murder rates fell from 5.6 to 4.7 (preliminary
estimate) per 100,000. This represents a 16% drop.

Overall violent crime fell by 18 percent. Meanwhile, the percentage of adults with permits has soared by 190%.

And as these law abiding Americans began to actually carry guns.......our gun murder rate went down 49%.....

So, I assume then that Trump will be dismissing his Secret Service security detail

Why would he do that...he actually supports law abiding people being able to defend themselves....please...engage your brain before you post...it will be a more intelligent post....

So, I assume then that Trump will be dismissing his Secret Service security detail

Why would he do that...he actually supports law abiding people being able to defend themselves....please...engage your brain before you post...it will be a more intelligent post....

J.E.D. was just demonstrating he wasn't faking, he actually doesn't grasp what Trump said. It's unreal how flat out dumb Democrats are, isn't it?

Democrats wanting to ban all guns is entirely a fabrication by the NRA to sell more guns on behalf of the gun industry. .
I don't know if the NRA is the genesis of the hysteria, but it has certainly been spread by conservative media.

There are eight zillion guns in this country. "They" are not going to break down doors and take them away.

But I'm pretty sure many think that really is the plan.

They don't have to break down doors...they just need to make the right a collective right then various left wing controlled cities will ban them at the local level...rifles with detachable magazines will be gone, as will magazines with more than 10 rounds which will essentially ban even more guns.....and then the fines, fees and taxes and tests on ownership will increase...making the 2nd Amendment as useless as gun rights in Mexico are....

Democrats wanting to ban all guns is entirely a fabrication by the NRA to sell more guns on behalf of the gun industry. .
I don't know if the NRA is the genesis of the hysteria, but it has certainly been spread by conservative media.

There are eight zillion guns in this country. "They" are not going to break down doors and take them away.

After the supreme court passed it's decision that that total gun bans are unconstitutional I am sure there was a very serious meeting at the NRA where they decided to act as if the decision had went the other way.

By one vote....that vote died this year...and the lefty justices are waiting to overturn Heller and MacDonald......

Trump suggested the Gun-hating Hillary should have her Secret Service dis-arm if she feels so strongly about no guns. He then suggested to do so would be dangerous for her.

I don't see the problem.

The whole reason they carry gun is because they DO think it is potentially dangerous for her on the campaign trail...which is what Trump said / meant.

The fact / revelation that Hillary started the Birther movement in 2008 now has you libs freaking out & desperate!

they don't see the problem either....they are lying about what he said to smear him and turn people away from voting for him...they are vile assholes...

No, we don't.

What is the plan is to put in as many lib judges on the Supreme Court to guarantee they will rule we don't have a constitutional right to own firearms outside of our police, military and militias which really don't exist anymore.

From there, cities and states could make any law they want against guns. Cities could allow lawsuits against gun manufacturers for the unintended firearm deaths in their city. That would cause them to stop selling guns in that city or state. They could place a dollar per round tax on ammo. They could make you buy a half million dollar liability insurance policy if you are a gun owner. They could even outlaw guns in their state entirely.

Nothing would be able to stop cities and states from doing such things because we would no longer have the constitutional right to own or carry firearms.
Well, that is the most comprehensive argument I've seen from that side, thanks.

My question on this has always been, "okay, what would this look like logistically, in real life?"

I think the only way the scenario you describe could happen on a widespread level is if conservatives/Republicans were just wiped out electorally from coast to coast. Yes, courts could have influence, but electoral results would have to be such that cities and states took it to the courts in the first place.

But thanks.

Sorry...that isn't true......the first left winger who got a case against the gun makers to the Supreme Court would win......even with the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act...the left wing Supreme Court will rule that law unConstitutional.....and then every left wing anti gun group will sue every gun maker in the country.....essentially ending gun manufacturing in this country...

Democrats wanting to ban all guns is entirely a fabrication by the NRA to sell more guns on behalf of the gun industry. The NRA has no reason to exist, the supreme court passed their ruling and still half the country thinks their 2nd amendment rights hang in the balance.

No because gun sales don't increase based on what the NRA has to say. Gun sales did increase dramatically after DumBama yapped about more restrictions on guns. He's the best gun salesman in the entire US.

Mr. Obama in the wake of another mass shooting suggested that the clinically insane and people on the terrorist watch list should not be able to buy guns and you people go apeshit. It's all so overblown and stupid that it's almost like you are unaware that it would take a new amendment to the constitution to totally ban your guns.

No it wouldn't......one Supreme court justice.

Trump's correct again and displays both the glaring idiocy of the left and exposes the Dem base as useful idiots.

Hillary and her unarmed security detail should only appear in gunew free zones.

But some animals are more equal than others

Gun free zones don't prohibit armed security.

yeah....like at the Orlando Night club where the son of a hilary clinton supporter, a muslim terrorist, murdered 49 people and injured another 50 while the armed security ran to call police...leaving 300 unarmed people to face an armed attacker.....in a gun free zone.....

My question on this has always been, "okay, what would this look like logistically, in real life?"

I think the only way the scenario you describe could happen on a widespread level is if conservatives/Republicans were just wiped out electorally from coast to coast. Yes, courts could have influence, but electoral results would have to be such that cities and states took it to the courts in the first place.

But thanks.

SC justices are there for life. It wouldn't matter if we changed every seat in the House and Senate to GOP. There is no law that they could write against the US Constitution. That's the problem, and it's why this election is so crucial. Once Hillary changes that court, it will remain that way for at least a generation if not longer.

and even more important....Conservative Justices respect legal Precedent.....so anything a left wing court puts in place will be almost impossible to remove with conservative justices in the future......left wing Justices don't give a rats ass about Legal Precedent...as they made clear with Heller in their dissent....

Also...Hugh Hewitt the radio host and lawyer interviewed Stephen Breyer, the Justice.....and Breyer said his greatest dissapointment was that the Supreme Court did not get more involved in voting district cases....he wants to help democrats set up voting districts to ensure democrats get elected ...which means they will have the political muscle to start banning guns at the local level...which the SC will back up as Constitutional...

What trump said was clearly a threat to Clintons life. And he knows it. That's why he said it.

That's the funny thing about you leftists, you make up meanings of words in your own mind.

What Trump did was make a point that we all need protection in this country--not just Hil-Liar. The reason her people carry guns is for protection. Democrats try to convince us that we little people don't need guns. Okay, if we don't, why does Hil-Lair? And if she really believes that guns don't protect us, then why is her SS using them to protect her?

You're so full of shit that you stink. All Hillary wants to do(it's been explained dozens of times) is to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally unstable folks. 'Course since the NRA is nothing more than a branch of the gun manufacturers of America they are "Johnny On The Spot" to make every possible gun control look like a "Do Away With Guns" move by the Left. Phuck 'Em!!

Blow it out of you ass moron........hilary wants to ban guns....tell us again how smart you are and how those who knew she has a neurological illness were wrong......watch the video as she has the seizure......

But thanks.

SC justices are there for life. It wouldn't matter if we changed every seat in the House and Senate to GOP. There is no law that they could write against the US Constitution. That's the problem, and it's why this election is so crucial. Once Hillary changes that court, it will remain that way for at least a generation if not longer.
Yeah, no doubt this is a big election regarding the Supes.

They do have to be confirmed, though, and I'm not at all convinced that Hillary would govern as a hardcore liberal. My suspicion is that she'd be just to the left of Bill and not much more.

Remember she's gotta keep the base happy during the campaign, like anyone else.

Hilary is as left as obama.......she is just greedy too.......

So telling the hildabitch to walk the walk and disarm her security detail the way she want's to disarm the public is controversial. If you idiots didn't have your hypocrisy you wouldn't have a damn thing. Politicians can have their guns and walls but not the country, really?

Mr. Obama in the wake of another mass shooting suggested that the clinically insane and people on the terrorist watch list should not be able to buy guns and you people go apeshit. It's all so overblown and stupid that it's almost like you are unaware that it would take a new amendment to the constitution to totally ban your guns.

Nope. As I pointed out, a simple supreme court ruling stating the Constitution does not protect our gun rights, and then all hell breaks loose.
No congress is going to pass a law banning guns for it to even be challenged in federal court. The 2nd amendment is considered "settled law". Justices cannot just reverse what 2 centuries of jurisprudence has said concerning gun rights. Your fears are groundless.

Moron....congress won't be part of it....they just have to get some democrat mayor to pass an anti gun law and take it to the SC....then it will be declared Constitutional...they will avoid any federal legislation altogether.....

Stupid premise.....Hillary is NOT calling for the removal of ALL guns (like those carried by her security team).....Hillary is advocating for stronger background checks on the sale of military style weapons......you know, the kind that insane and terrorists can buy at any gun store.

And yet they don't........

8 million rifles with detachable magazines........and how many have been murdered with them....157...in 34 years.....1982-2016

knives murder 1,500 people every single year......

Forum List

Back