Trump's tariffs were supposed to reduce the trade deficit

So, nothing comes to mind as to what increased in price?
I understand the yuan has depreciated so tariff effects are being hidden from the consumer, except that prices have not decreased as they should and US taxes have been raised by the amount of the increased tariffs.

So the issue is that prices on Chinese products have not decreased?

Then they would cost drastically more and our economy would slow. With our unemployment as low as it is, why should we?

iu
That's it? We don't have the workers to start making lots of products here, look at our unemployment rate...

Look at the welfare rolls and Section 8, STFU.
What about them?

China sending us their resources for real cheap was taking advantage of us? We want to pay more for their resources?
Thank you for demonstrating you have no clue what you're talking avout, especially what has been going on between us and China.
They haven't been sending us their resources for cheap? Seems you have no clue...
For one, ever heard of something called 'copywrite laws'? Any clue how they fit into all of this? If not, educate yourself and then come back.
Are tariffs the best way to deal with that?

Then they would cost drastically more and our economy would slow. With our unemployment as low as it is, why should we?

iu
That's it? We don't have the workers to start making lots of products here, look at our unemployment rate...

We’ll hold on. I’ll take issues with that. Millions (if not tens of millions) are not counted in the unemployment numbers. Secondly millions (if not tens of millions) are under employed and would jump at the chance to get a job in a plant or factory.

Now to agree with your correct and unimpeachable theme...

Tariffs will not get us there of course. As a business owner I can cut a check to 3rd party(s) manufacturers and pay an import tax every quarter that will likely not be there in 2-6 years or

Build a plant
Hire a massive staff
Pay wages
Pay benefits
Pay all of the other fees involved like UE insurance, property taxes, legal fees, etc
Then in 2-6 years...when the stupid tariffs are gone...you can’t compete and have to close up shop.

Not to even mention the blowing up of the current business model and the domestic competition.
After the war on unions, are new factory jobs really going to be that great?

Forum List

Back