Trump's trade war with China

Trump tariffs don’t work.

Have you ever heard of the Business Cycle?
Sure have.

So, the business cycle is the economy going though regular up and downs,

anyone that would cite a normal downturn or even less reasonably, any random piece of negative economic news as "proof" that a specific economic policy is "not working",

is either utterly ignorant or lying.
Well steel industry doing poorly. Manufacturing doing poorly. Economy only has 2% growth. Labor force participation rate low. Market is stagnant. Yeah lots of indicators really.

Indicators of a business cycle that might be reached a turning point.

Average length of an expansion is 59 months.

This one is a new record at 121 months and counting.

Anyone that would cite an economic expansion ending at 121 months as proof of a failed economic policy,

is lying.
But trump cut taxes, eliminated regulation, is spending like we are in a recession...

Have you ever heard of the Business Cycle?
Sure have.

anyone that would cite a normal downturn or even less reasonably, any random piece of negative economic news as "proof" that a specific economic policy is "not working",

Well steel industry doing poorly. Manufacturing doing poorly. Economy only has 2% growth. Labor force participation rate low. Market is stagnant. Yeah lots of indicators really.

Anyone that would cite an economic expansion ending at 121 months as proof of a failed economic policy,

is lying.
But trump cut taxes, eliminated regulation, is spending like we are in a recession...

So, to be clear, you are dropping your point, that an end to the record setting 121 month expansion, can be considered "proof" that Trump's tariffs are "not working"?

Because that was what we were talking about. Your claim that the slowing economic proved that the Tariff were not working.

Which is a really stupid thing to claim, that a economy slowing after TEN FUCKING YEARS OF GROWTH, is evidence that something didn't work.

I just want to be clear, that you aren't going to just sideline that for a little bit, and then go back to it, as though it has not been utterly refuted.

You're not insanely dishonest like that are you.

Sure have.

is lying.

So, to be clear, you are dropping your point, that an end to the record setting 121 month expansion, can be considered "proof" that Trump's tariffs are "not working"?

Because that was what we were talking about. Your claim that the slowing economic proved that the Tariff were not working.

Which is a really stupid thing to claim, that a economy slowing after TEN FUCKING YEARS OF GROWTH, is evidence that something didn't work.

I just want to be clear, that you aren't going to just sideline that for a little bit, and then go back to it, as though it has not been utterly refuted.

Sounds like we got more growth from Obama...

I don’t see any indicator that trump policy has done anything good. Why do you support it?

is lying.

I don’t see any indicator that trump policy has done anything good. Why do you support it?

So, are you dropping your previous claim, that the expansion, possibly ending at JUST OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS, is proof of a policy failing?

is lying.

So, are you dropping your previous claim, that the expansion, possibly ending at JUST OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS, is proof of a policy failing?
No. His policy has not brought the growth he claimed and we are actually slowing.

Sure have.

is lying.

What is funny about asking you to be clear if you are conceding a point, that I proved was stupid as fuck?

I know what is funny about it. I just want to see if you have the balls to say it.

is lying.

What is funny about asking you to be clear if you are conceding a point, that I proved was stupid as fuck?

I know what is funny about it. I just want to see if you have the balls to say it.
We are spending like we are in a recession. He gave out huge tax cuts. He cut regulations. And the economy is slowing. His policy is failure.

Sure have.

is lying.

Yes. the end of a ten year expansion is proof of Trump screwing up on tariffs unless you can point to what else has caused the end of expansion. We have full employment. Without the tariffs, real wages were going up. No inflation to speak of. Fairly low rates, and credit card rates are not hindering consumer buying. In real estate, if anything we had a shortage of affordable first buyer homes.

The millennials continued to be being screwed, but that's really a generational carryover from the last recession.

is lying.

No. His policy has not brought the growth he claimed and we are actually slowing.

Got it. You are citing the US longest lasting economic expansion ever, at over TEN FUCKING YEARS, as proof of a trade policy failure.

Bold move, citing a massive success as evidence of failure.

You lose.

is lying.

We are spending like we are in a recession. He gave out huge tax cuts. He cut regulations. And the economy is slowing. His policy is failure.

An expansion ending, YEARS after it normally would, CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED A FAILURE, by any sane person.

is lying.

The increased spending will have a negative effect down the road, no doubt. But I'm not sure how much current stimulus effect it has … beyond the welfare to the idiot farmers in red states who voted for him. I think the spending has been mostly on corporate welfare and military. The budget the new House just negotiated does include 100 billion more in domestic spending on infrasture and cash pork

is lying.

An expansion ending, YEARS after it normally would, CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED A FAILURE, by any sane person.
It sure can when we have trillion dollar deficits. Historically low fed rate. Huge tax cut, Cuts in regulation, Your policy leading us to recession, you might want to rethink it.

is lying.

Simple question: why is it ending. And God wills, or biz cycles is not an answer. All recessions happen for a reason. It may not be a reason that could be avoided, but there is always a reason. (lack of demand, increased oil prices, a war …..)

Got it. You are citing the US longest lasting economic expansion ever, at over TEN FUCKING YEARS, as proof of a trade policy failure.

You lose.
It’s adorable how you stand by trump when his policy fails. Good dog,

Simple question: why is it ending. And God wills, or biz cycles is not an answer. All recessions happen for a reason. It may not be a reason that could be avoided, but there is always a reason. (lack of demand, increased oil prices, a war …..)
Trade war sure isn’t helping exports.

is lying.

Yes. the end of a ten year expansion is proof of Trump screwing up on tariffs unless you can point to what else has caused the end of expansion. We have full employment. Without the tariffs, real wages were going up. No inflation to speak of. Fairly low rates, and credit card rates are not hindering consumer buying. In real estate, if anything we had a shortage of affordable first buyer homes.

The millennials continued to be being screwed, but that's really a generational carryover from the last recession.

It sure can when we have trillion dollar deficits. Historically low fed rate. Huge tax cut, Cuts in regulation, Your policy leading us to recession, you might want to rethink it.

You can't sanely claim that a policy is leading to recession, when the recession is delayed by at least FIVE YEARS PAST THE NORMAL TIME.

It would be like pointing to a man that died at 140, and using him as an example of what NOT to do, to take care of yourself.

Dont' know, don't really care. All business expansions end at some point.

You lose.

YOur inability to refute my point is noted. You ass.

is lying.

You can't sanely claim that a policy is leading to recession, when the recession is delayed by at least FIVE YEARS PAST THE NORMAL TIME.

It would be like pointing to a man that died at 140, and using him as an example of what NOT to do, to take care of yourself.
Since we are already doing everything we do to get out of a recession, what will we do when we have one?

You lose.

YOur inability to refute my point is noted. You ass.
Your point being trump policy can continue to fail and he has your complete support,

Forum List

Back