Trump's trade war with China

Indicators of a business cycle that might be reached a turning point.

Average length of an expansion is 59 months.

This one is a new record at 121 months and counting.

Anyone that would cite an economic expansion ending at 121 months as proof of a failed economic policy,

is lying.
But trump cut taxes, eliminated regulation, is spending like we are in a recession...

So, to be clear, you are dropping your point, that an end to the record setting 121 month expansion, can be considered "proof" that Trump's tariffs are "not working"?

Because that was what we were talking about. Your claim that the slowing economic proved that the Tariff were not working.

Which is a really stupid thing to claim, that a economy slowing after TEN FUCKING YEARS OF GROWTH, is evidence that something didn't work.

I just want to be clear, that you aren't going to just sideline that for a little bit, and then go back to it, as though it has not been utterly refuted.

You're not insanely dishonest like that are you.
Yes. the end of a ten year expansion is proof of Trump screwing up on tariffs unless you can point to what else has caused the end of expansion. We have full employment. Without the tariffs, real wages were going up. No inflation to speak of. Fairly low rates, and credit card rates are not hindering consumer buying. In real estate, if anything we had a shortage of affordable first buyer homes.

The millennials continued to be being screwed, but that's really a generational carryover from the last recession.
What is funny about asking you to be clear if you are conceding a point, that I proved was stupid as fuck?

I know what is funny about it. I just want to see if you have the balls to say it.
We are spending like we are in a recession. He gave out huge tax cuts. He cut regulations. And the economy is slowing. His policy is failure.

An expansion ending, YEARS after it normally would, CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED A FAILURE, by any sane person.
It sure can when we have trillion dollar deficits. Historically low fed rate. Huge tax cut, Cuts in regulation, Your policy leading us to recession, you might want to rethink it.

You can't sanely claim that a policy is leading to recession, when the recession is delayed by at least FIVE YEARS PAST THE NORMAL TIME.

It would be like pointing to a man that died at 140, and using him as an example of what NOT to do, to take care of yourself.
Since we are already doing everything we do to get out of a recession, what will we do when we have one?

I'm more concerned about long term underlying trends.

But your point is a valid concern.

I'm glad you dropped your silly idea of citing success as proof of failure.

I think we should drastically curtail our military commitments so we can massively cut our military spending.

So, are you dropping your previous claim, that the expansion, possibly ending at JUST OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS, is proof of a policy failing?
No. His policy has not brought the growth he claimed and we are actually slowing.

Got it. You are citing the US longest lasting economic expansion ever, at over TEN FUCKING YEARS, as proof of a trade policy failure.

Bold move, citing a massive success as evidence of failure.

You lose.
It’s adorable how you stand by trump when his policy fails. Good dog,

YOur inability to refute my point is noted. You ass.
Your point being trump policy can continue to fail and he has your complete support,

I dont' consider the longest economic expansion in history, to be a failure.

So, to be clear, you are dropping your point, that an end to the record setting 121 month expansion, can be considered "proof" that Trump's tariffs are "not working"?

Because that was what we were talking about. Your claim that the slowing economic proved that the Tariff were not working.

Which is a really stupid thing to claim, that a economy slowing after TEN FUCKING YEARS OF GROWTH, is evidence that something didn't work.

I just want to be clear, that you aren't going to just sideline that for a little bit, and then go back to it, as though it has not been utterly refuted.

What is funny about asking you to be clear if you are conceding a point, that I proved was stupid as fuck?

I know what is funny about it. I just want to see if you have the balls to say it.
We are spending like we are in a recession. He gave out huge tax cuts. He cut regulations. And the economy is slowing. His policy is failure.

You have no clue. At least you admit it. LOL

An expansion ending, YEARS after it normally would, CAN NOT BE CONSIDERED A FAILURE, by any sane person.
Simple question: why is it ending. And God wills, or biz cycles is not an answer. All recessions happen for a reason. It may not be a reason that could be avoided, but there is always a reason. (lack of demand, increased oil prices, a war …..)

Dont' know, don't really care. All business expansions end at some point.

But trump cut taxes, eliminated regulation, is spending like we are in a recession...

Yes. the end of a ten year expansion is proof of Trump screwing up on tariffs unless you can point to what else has caused the end of expansion. We have full employment. Without the tariffs, real wages were going up. No inflation to speak of. Fairly low rates, and credit card rates are not hindering consumer buying. In real estate, if anything we had a shortage of affordable first buyer homes.

The millennials continued to be being screwed, but that's really a generational carryover from the last recession.

It sure can when we have trillion dollar deficits. Historically low fed rate. Huge tax cut, Cuts in regulation, Your policy leading us to recession, you might want to rethink it.

You can't sanely claim that a policy is leading to recession, when the recession is delayed by at least FIVE YEARS PAST THE NORMAL TIME.

It would be like pointing to a man that died at 140, and using him as an example of what NOT to do, to take care of yourself.
Since we are already doing everything we do to get out of a recession, what will we do when we have one?

I'm more concerned about long term underlying trends.

But your point is a valid concern.

I'm glad you dropped your silly idea of citing success as proof of failure.

I think we should drastically curtail our military commitments so we can massively cut our military spending.
Cutting military spending won’t help us out of recession,

No. His policy has not brought the growth he claimed and we are actually slowing.

Got it. You are citing the US longest lasting economic expansion ever, at over TEN FUCKING YEARS, as proof of a trade policy failure.

You lose.

Your point being trump policy can continue to fail and he has your complete support,

You must give Obama a lot of credit since most if it is his.

Trump is where America should be and all the globalist establishment are at the self serving place where America will go down the tubes in a decade. If you listen to trade groups, the MSM or the business roundtable or the Democratic party, you're on the express route to the big fall off a cliff. Those greedy bastards are just protecting their flow of easy money, at the expense of our country.

Trump is doing what big business, the elitists and the Democratic party are too stupid to do. He's holding China accountable for their actions, like no other President in the last 60 years did. If those jerks would have done what Trump did, we wouldn't be in this mess

Trump is doing what big business, the elitists and the Democratic party are too stupid to do. He's holding China accountable for their actions, like no other President in the last 60 years did. If those jerks would have did what Trump did, we wouldn't be in this mess
China sending us their resources for next to nothing and keeping the pollution is a mess?

Trump is doing what big business, the elitists and the Democratic party are too stupid to do. He's holding China accountable for their actions, like no other President in the last 60 years did. If those jerks would have did what Trump did, we wouldn't be in this mess
China sending us their resources for next to nothing and keeping the pollution is a mess?
You're spelling Brian wrong, Qdog. And how uninformed are you to think pollution originating in China isn't a global problem. Pretty shallow.

You're spelling Brian wrong, Qdog. And how uninformed are you to think pollution originating in China isn't a global problem. Pretty shallow.
It’s a lot bigger problem in China than here.

Spoken like a true elitist.

You prefer to pay more and get more pollution?

Trump is doing what big business, the elitists and the Democratic party are too stupid to do. He's holding China accountable for their actions, like no other President in the last 60 years did. If those jerks would have done what Trump did, we wouldn't be in this mess
Trump is not just trying to hold China accountable, that would just be a political gesture, he is trying to correct the terrible error Clinton made in bringing China into the WTO as a developing nation that could take extraordinary measures to prevent foreign competition with its domestic industries while allowing China to compete with out domestic industries.

President Trump is demanding China allow US companies access to Chinese markets on the same basis as China has had access to US markets. So far China has refused, but the tariffs has hurt China sufficiently that it has had to devalue the yuan, making Chinese imports cheap enough to US importers that the cost of the tariffs will not have to be passed on to consumers. Without a doubt, if Trump is reelected, China will concede to the US on all points.

Trump is where America should be and all the globalist establishment are at the self serving place where America will go down the tubes in a decade. If you listen to trade groups, the MSM or the business roundtable or the Democratic party, you're on the express route to the big fall off a cliff. Those greedy bastards are just protecting their flow of easy money, at the expense of our country.
That may be, but he is creating a recession, so give him that credit too.

You're one of those idiots who believe the free trade BS. When Levis moved their production to Indonesia and were paying 3 cents an hour, the cost of cotton dockers still went up. Don't hit me with that free trade jive. Free trade is a multinational scam and it used to be Democrats that saw that. Now that Trump is on the right side, Democrats, little bitches that they are, will oppose him. You're one of them.

You lose.

There's the irony. Now I don't give Obama credit for the economy Trump inherited, but deficits were declining and tax receipts gaining, and he did have at least some control over that. BUT EVEN TRUMP said he had to take on Jina while the economy was strong enough to sustain the growth killing aspect of tariffs. He didn't put enough pain on Jina to get it done in time though, and probably he screwed himself in bitching about Nato and in general being pissy to Europe instead of pushing their similar complaints on China to get a "coalition."

But by his own estimation, he was using the strong economy because Americans wouldn't feel the pain.

You're one of those idiots who believe the free trade BS. When Levis moved their production to Indonesia and were paying 3 cents an hour, the cost of cotton dockers still went up. Don't hit me with that free trade jive. Free trade is a multinational scam and it used to be Democrats that saw that. Now that Trump is on the right side, Democrats, little bitches that they are, will oppose him. You're one of them.
So we are better off paying more and having more pollution?

There's the irony. Now I don't give Obama credit for the economy Trump inherited, but deficits were declining and tax receipts gaining, and he did have at least some control over that. BUT EVEN TRUMP said he had to take on Jina while the economy was strong enough to sustain the growth killing aspect of tariffs. He didn't put enough pain on Jina to get it done in time though, and probably he screwed himself in bitching about Nato and in general being pissy to Europe instead of pushing their similar complaints on China to get a "coalition."

But by his own estimation, he was using the strong economy because Americans wouldn't feel the pain.
Nobody wins a trade war. Both sides suffer.

That may be, but he is creating a recession, so give him that credit too.
And US manufacturing DOWN for 1st time in 3 years Trump has unleashed a shitstorm and hopefully Repubs have no umbrellas

Did Levi's profits increase proportionally? I really don't know. I won't disagree with you that capital cut costs and made more profit. I don't the Brain would disagree with you either. Nor did Obama.

Forum List

Back