Trump's trade war with China

Specifically, you claimed that there were no examples of tariffs working. So , this is a huge example of it working, over many decades. Your desire to muddy that up by focusing on minor details, is noted, and dismissed.
No, I have stated it works as a tax. There is no evidence they are good for an economy, even after the civil war. As I proved with my link. And the much more recent steel tariffs have led to layoffs. You really have nothing but failure.

We have massive growth of the economy, jobs, wages, ect, behind high tariffs. THat is a fine example of tariffs working for a good economy.

Your inability to refute it, undermines your position.

Your inability to be honest about that, undermines your credibility.
I’ve linked full refutes. You however have nothing, the massive growth was in areas not effected by tariffs. Why do you choose to ignore facts? How’s steel doing?

Save the drama for the tourists.

Explain how growth of the post civil war era was on sectors of the economy, "not effected by tariffs".
Don’t you read? How do you arrive at your crazy beliefs?

Were high import tariffs somehow related to the strong U.S. economic growth during the late nineteenth century? One paper investigates the multiple channels by which tariffs could have promoted growth during this period.(12) I found that 1) late nineteenth century growth hinged more on population expansion and capital accumulation than on productivity growth; 2) tariffs may have discouraged capital accumulation by raising the price of imported capital goods; and 3) productivity growth was most rapid in non-traded sectors (such as utilities and services) whose performance was not directly related to the tariff.(13)

https://www.nber.org/reporter/summer06/irwin.html

1. How was the capital accumulated?

2. May have? Interesting. THen any, it may not have.

3. I would not expect productivity to be effected by tariffs. That is an odd focus for research.

This is such silliness. We became an economic powerhouse when we had sky-high tariffs. From Abe Lincoln through Dwight Eisenhower, we followed a strongly protectionist/high-tariff trade policy. The claim that the Smoot-Hawley Tariff caused or contributed to the Great Depression is a free-trader myth that has been debunked over and over again.

China had been engaged in a trade war against us long before Trump came to office. It's just that Trump is the first president to fight back, but all the globalists and so-called free traders falsely accuse him of "starting a trade war" with China.
China buys off Leftwing Think Tanks and Politicians and floods the US University system with cash so they all carry water for the Chi-coms, taking their side on every US/China dispute.

Trump stands alone for us, against everyone and they are still overmatched.

WINNING: Latest Mac Pro to be made in Texas after securing tariff exemptions.

The new Mac Pro is pricey but it’s a beast.

This is such silliness. We became an economic powerhouse when we had sky-high tariffs. From Abe Lincoln through Dwight Eisenhower, we followed a strongly protectionist/high-tariff trade policy. The claim that the Smoot-Hawley Tariff caused or contributed to the Great Depression is a free-trader myth that has been debunked over and over again.

China had been engaged in a trade war against us long before Trump came to office. It's just that Trump is the first president to fight back, but all the globalists and so-called free traders falsely accuse him of "starting a trade war" with China.
China buys off Leftwing Think Tanks and Politicians and floods the US University system with cash so they all carry water for the Chi-coms, taking their side on every US/China dispute.

/----/ I saw that article too. I'm confident the demoCRATs will be admitting Trump's plan is working.
Apple’s new Mac Pro to be made in Texas

/----/ I saw that article too. I'm confident the demoCRATs will be admitting Trump's plan is working.
Apple’s new Mac Pro to be made in Texas
STILL NOT TIRED OF WINNING!

It's weird how the Left takes China's side in very dispute between the US and China

POLICE STATE: China footage reveals hundreds of blindfolded and shackled prisoners.

The video, posted anonymously on YouTube last week, shows Uighur or other minorities wearing blue and yellow uniforms, with cleanly shaven heads, their eyes covered, sitting in rows on the ground and later being led away by police. Prisoners in China are often transferred with handcuffs and masks covering their faces.

Nathan Ruser, a researcher with the Australian Strategic Policy Institute’s international cyber policy centre, used clues in the footage, including landmarks and the position of the sun, to verify the video, which was shot at a train station west of Korla in south-east Xinjiang in August last year.​

It’s also curious that the Muslim world isn’t putting up any fuss.

"If anyone had doubts that trade was the thing hanging over the market, today seals it,"...

The Dow's up almost 1400 points since you posted that.
...Tariffs on popular consumer goods like clothing, shoes, computers, and cell phones cause higher prices. Higher prices cause inflation. Inflation causes less demand. Less demand causes unemployment. Tariffs cause recession, Econ 101.
Except that we do not have tariff driven inflation, or any inflation problems, in fact, inflation isn't even up to the Fed's benchmark. Demand and Employment are strong.
...When Americans suffer investment losses it causes permanent loss of principle, fourth grade math. Millions of Americans permanently lost more of their principle in investment accounts today...
The DOW is up almost 1400 points since you posted this, with 15% YTD gains.
... a recession warning....
Can you have a recession with no negative growth quarters? The First half had 2.55% growth and Q3 is tracking at 2.1% growth.
...There have been five such warnings of the 2-year and 10-year yields since 1978 and all were precursors to a recession....
We'll there have been 5 recession since 1978, but note that GDP dipped in each of the shaded recession areas.
fredgraph.png

We have no such dip today.
...Because of Trump's trade war with China, the market has been treading water for five months...
Trump ramped up tariffs in the middle of 2018. The DOW is UP almost 2500 points over that period

fredgraph.png

...I have been a student of current political history for over a half century, and I am a retired columnist. Never in my 50 years have I seen a U.S. President repeatedly harm our economy and cause investment losses. The current President is doing that very thing...
If you can lose money on the stock market, while it is climbing 2500 points, your problem is NOT who the President is!

"If anyone had doubts that trade was the thing hanging over the market, today seals it,"...
The Dow's up almost 1400 points since you posted that.
...Tariffs on popular consumer goods like clothing, shoes, computers, and cell phones cause higher prices. Higher prices cause inflation. Inflation causes less demand. Less demand causes unemployment. Tariffs cause recession, Econ 101.
Except that we do not have tariff driven inflation, or any inflation problems, in fact, inflation isn't even up to the Fed's benchmark. Demand and Employment are strong.
...When Americans suffer investment losses it causes permanent loss of principle, fourth grade math. Millions of Americans permanently lost more of their principle in investment accounts today...
The DOW is up almost 1400 points since you posted this, with 15% YTD gains.
... a recession warning....
Can you have a recession with no negative growth quarters? The First half had 2.55% growth and Q3 is tracking at 2.1% growth.
...There have been five such warnings of the 2-year and 10-year yields since 1978 and all were precursors to a recession....
We'll there have been 5 recession since 1978, but note that GDP dipped in each of the shaded recession areas.
fredgraph.png

We have no such dip today.
...Because of Trump's trade war with China, the market has been treading water for five months...
Trump ramped up tariffs in the middle of 2018. The DOW is UP almost 2500 points over that period

fredgraph.png

...I have been a student of current political history for over a half century, and I am a retired columnist. Never in my 50 years have I seen a U.S. President repeatedly harm our economy and cause investment losses. The current President is doing that very thing...
If you can lose money on the stock market, while it is climbing 2500 points, your problem is NOT who the President is!

0e800e1e3ca1f37d2b14e08722cce212.jpg

Yes they worked great as a tax then. The growth would have been more without them. Unless you think taxes are good for an economy.

I think protecting domestic jobs from foreign competitors, can be good for an economy. And imo, that is what the massive growth of the US, during that time frame shows.
Ok so what were we importing during that time? Were imports cheaper than domestic products with or without tariffs? What domestic jobs were protected. Be specific.

Specifically, you claimed that there were no examples of tariffs working. So , this is a huge example of it working, over many decades. Your desire to muddy that up by focusing on minor details, is noted, and dismissed.
No, I have stated it works as a tax. There is no evidence they are good for an economy, even after the civil war. As I proved with my link. And the much more recent steel tariffs have led to layoffs. You really have nothing but failure.

We have massive growth of the economy, jobs, wages, ect, behind high tariffs. THat is a fine example of tariffs working for a good economy.

The impact of high tariffs has not hit the American wallet yet. That is why Trump slowed down the impact by exempting some the Chinese products. Will see the results after Christmas.

Trade wars negotiations started 2 years ago so far there are no end insight. And there are no sign China is backing down.
Trump is an idiot..

I think protecting domestic jobs from foreign competitors, can be good for an economy. And imo, that is what the massive growth of the US, during that time frame shows.
Ok so what were we importing during that time? Were imports cheaper than domestic products with or without tariffs? What domestic jobs were protected. Be specific.

The impact of high tariffs has not hit the American wallet...
That's right. Everyone who predicted tariff driven inflation is all wet.
... And there are no sign China is backing down...
They can deal fairly with us and stop stealing from us, or they can pay the tariffs. Right now they are choosing to pay the tariffs. But, Trump is still helping them find their price point.
... Trump is an idiot..
And yet, he whipped your asses.

The impact of high tariffs has not hit the American wallet yet. That is why Trump slowed down the impact by exempting some the Chinese products. Will see the results after Christmas.

Trade wars negotiations started 2 years ago so far there are no end insight. And there are no sign China is backing down.
Trump is an idiot..
/—-/ Sorry to disappoint you because we know how much you want to support the Commies, but the Chinks are removing or lowering tariffs and us companies are moving their manufacturing. Apple’s new Mac Pro to be made in Texas

Trump is an idiot..
/—-/ Sorry to disappoint you because we know how much you want to support the Commies, but the Chinks are removing or lowering tariffs and us companies are moving their manufacturing. Apple’s new Mac Pro to be made in Texas

manufacturing is not doing well.

US manufacturers experience worst month since 20072009 Great Recession ISM finds - MarketWatch

Trump is an idiot..

Moving their manufacturing?

Did you even read your own link? Did you miss this part...will begin production soon at the same Austin facility where Mac Pro has been made since 2013.

Trump is an idiot..

Did you even read your own link? Did you miss this part...will begin production soon at the same Austin facility where Mac Pro has been made since 2013.
/——/ I heard about it on the radio. It was supposed to be made in China but because of the tariffs it will be made in Texas.

That's right. Everyone who predicted tariff driven inflation is all wet.

Not really. The prices of things from China have gone up, the only part of the CPI that is down is energy, one thing we do not get from China.

Trump is an idiot..

manufacturing is not doing well.

US manufacturers experience worst month since 20072009 Great Recession ISM finds - MarketWatch
/——/ Try to restrain your glee.

Trump is an idiot..

/——/ I heard about it on the radio. It was supposed to be made in China but because of the tariffs it will be made in Texas.

Your own link said it has been made in Texas since 2013. Whatever lie you heard on the radio is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back