Trump's wall idea is dead

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

Better luck next time! :bye1:

Republicans defy Trump on national emergency
/——/ That’s just your wishful thinking. Go back to sleep.

Sorry Trump supporters. Trump's great big beautiful wall (that Mexico was supposed to pay for) isn't going to happen.

Interviews with a dozen GOP senators on Monday revealed broad efforts to wave Trump off from doing an end-run around Congress, part of an effort to avoid a politically perilous floor vote that could place them at odds with the president.

If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval, the Senate would be forced to take it up with a majority threshold required for passage under procedural rules. That would mean just four GOP defections along with all Democrats would be enough to rebuke the president.

With less than 25% of Americans supporting another government shutdown over a border wall, and dwindling support from Senate Republicans, Trump's wall just isn't going to happen.

When Mexico sends the check, the wall will be built

------------------------------------------------ to me , the constant barrage of cartoons are simply foolishness and don't say anything worth saying .

it's just fun getting under his skin.

So you admit that you are being a dick, for the sole purpose of being a dick.

oh please. i've had enough of your ridiculous love affair with trump & the asinine accusations coming from you that are directed to me, that i spare no expense making you dance.

I support Trump politically. That you interpret that as "love" is more revealing about the way you think, than the way I do.

Your rationalization for being a fucking asshole is noted and dismissed.

Are you claiming now that you lied about your positions previously, and do not want a new Cold War, with all the human suffering and death that goes along with it?

your unfettered devotion & loyalty can only be summed up as love. yep, you are head over heels & will always defend your man. take that as you will, i don't do subtleties.

I do not always defend him. It only seems that way to you, because you can only launch insane over the top attacks, that any reasonable and sane person would "Defend" him against.

That you cannot tell the difference between politically supporting a politician and "love" is a flaw with YOU, not me.

'Are you claiming now that you lied about your positions previously, and do not want a new Cold War, with all the human suffering and death that goes along with it? '

me thinx your boy already started that on his own when he got outa the INF nuclear treaty with vlad.

lol.... you are so ridiculous. you will CONclude & believe whatever you need to justify your own feelings, cartoon boy.
:popcorn:

Pulling out of a treaty, is nothing compared to the shit coming from your side of the aisle.

Why are you against controlling who and what enters our community?
Because without more ignorant needy uneducated voters who know nothing about American culture or politics the left can't win they have alienated the African American community in favor of MILLIONS of potential Hispanic votes.

While the GOP keep on electing racist pigs, Democrats can count on the African American community...

It takes a special person to pretend the Republicans are racist, while ignoring the massive racism on the Left, today.

And I use "special" in the archaic usage, ie retarded.

it's just fun getting under his skin.

oh please. i've had enough of your ridiculous love affair with trump & the asinine accusations coming from you that are directed to me, that i spare no expense making you dance.

I support Trump politically. That you interpret that as "love" is more revealing about the way you think, than the way I do.

Are you claiming now that you lied about your positions previously, and do not want a new Cold War, with all the human suffering and death that goes along with it?

your unfettered devotion & loyalty can only be summed up as love. yep, you are head over heels & will always defend your man. take that as you will, i don't do subtleties.

I do not always defend him. It only seems that way to you, because you can only launch insane over the top attacks, that any reasonable and sane person would "Defend" him against.

That you cannot tell the difference between politically supporting a politician and "love" is a flaw with YOU, not me.

'Are you claiming now that you lied about your positions previously, and do not want a new Cold War, with all the human suffering and death that goes along with it? '

me thinx your boy already started that on his own when he got outa the INF nuclear treaty with vlad.

lol.... you are so ridiculous. you will CONclude & believe whatever you need to justify your own feelings, cartoon boy.

Pulling out of a treaty, is nothing compared to the shit coming from your side of the aisle.

lol... sure. your boy also bowed outa the iran deal too. now cue the autotrumpdefense:

GO!

lol... sure. your boy also bowed outa the iran deal too. now cue the autotrumpdefense:

GO!

So, your defense of your point about the IMF treaty is to bring up another complaint.

That is not a defense. That is changing the subject. Something one does, when they are losing.

On behalf of the drug cartels, human traffickers, and terrorists, I would like to thank American liberals for their ardent opposition to any kind of a border barrier. Their spokesman told me, "Open borders are the wave of the future. Tell American lefties to keep up the good work."

The joint committee has $1.3b in the Bill for the wall. I'd take that and call it a win. Trump can only spend so much money in a year, so get to work, add a few billion from defense and the border is being upgraded. Call it a win-win for both parties.

Coulter and Rush had better be happy with that deal or they can go f.themselves...

GO!

So, your defense of your point about the IMF treaty is to bring up another complaint.

That is not a defense. That is changing the subject. Something one does, when they are losing.

YOU changed the subject from president tribbles & his treason to my wanting & starting a cold war, dummy. so when i bring up actual facts about actual nukes to counterpoint, you now wanna move the goal posts again?

lol ... FAIL.

GO!

YOU changed the subject from president tribbles & his treason to my wanting & starting a cold war, dummy. so when i bring up actual facts about actual nukes to counterpoint, you now wanna move the goal posts again?

lol ... FAIL.

Your insane ravings on Trump and Putin, will start a Cold War, if the grownups in the room, don't put a muzzle on you people.

(your plural)

Trump fucked up. he kicked the can down the road for 2 years. classic Trump. completely counter productive.

we put this lunatic in the white house for one reason: THE WALL!

Realistically even if Trump declares an emergency, which I don’t think he should and I don’t even think is truly a legitimate reason to declare a national emergency for in this case, in my opinion the wall that he wants won’t be the wall that he eventually gets, if there is even a new wall at all. He really should have pushed this much harder during the first two years of his presidency if he wanted less barriers (no pun jntended) to building the wall that he promised.
----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.
legally, a national emergency is anything the President says is a national emergency. Although presidents have been declaring national emergencies since the beginning of the republic, in the late 1970's Congress passed laws defining what the President's powers to declare an emergency was and exactly what powers he could subsequently exercise. The first president to declare a national emergency under these new laws was Jimmy Carter when he wanted to seize Iranian assets in the US without seeking permission from Congress.

Congress recognized there might be times when Congress was unable to act effectively on certain issues and the President must take action on his own, and this has been done over 500 times since the beginning of the republic and 58 times since the new laws were passed in the 1970's; 31 of these states of emergency are still in effect, and President Trump has declared states of emergency 3 times already.

President Trump regarded immigration reform as an urgent matter from day one of his administration, and he tried from day one to negotiate the issue with the Democrats, but they refused. Since the Democrats were determined to block any legislation that would advance the President's reform agenda, he would have needed sixty votes in the Senate to get the funding passed, and while he had majorities in favor of it in both houses of Congress, he never had sixty votes in the Senate. Nonetheless, he continued to try to reason with the Democrats right up until the Democrats won the House and made any kind of political compromise impossible. It is the gridlock the Democrats in the House have created in Congress that is the emergency that makes the invocation of emergency powers necessary since it makes it impossible for Congress to act effectively on this issue.

These national emergencies have been in the foreign policy arena and none of them directly contradict the Constitution. The Congress cannot give a President the powers that are delegated to Congress by the Constitution such as the power of the purse. They did not give him the power to as Justin Amish tweeted, "No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants."

Just because he cannot get money from Congress for a wall does not make it a national emergency to do a end run around Congress. Just because you want something does not mean a compromise has to include it. Around a year ago when Democrats wanted DACA as part of a compromise bill, Republicans refused to include DACA in a compromise. Gridlock is not a justification for using a national emergency to do a end-run around Congress. If you could, Obama could have declared a national emergency to go around a Republican Congress.

when it's inefficient, ya- it's stupid & immoral. making us pay for it when mexico should be is as well. our boy lied & you are bending over & asking him for more lies. :lmao:
You are as much of an authority about efficiency on the border as your bitch pelosi is, Playtime.
Don't listen to me.
Try listening to those who have boots on the border and listen to what they say about building a fence.

But, your liberal bias keeps you blind and keeps you deaf.

'my' bitch???????? you sound touchy. oh ya - that bitch is trump's worst nightmare.

checks & balances is a wonderful thing, sweetheart

Nancy and her puppy Chuck are a joke and they'll accomplish nothing legislatively without Republicans and Trump.. Democrats are pathetically shortsighted running on hate rather than legislative accomplishments for all Americans.

the majority of americans don't want that wall, lumps.

Solid Majority Still Opposes New Construction on Border Wall

Most Americans don't want Trump to declare a national emergency to get his border wall

Screen-Shot-2019-01-22-at-11.26.05-AM.png

Are you saying legislation should be decided by iffy poll numbers, umm .. lump denier..?

They are hardly iffy. Republicans know that and that is why they are doing anything to avoid another shutdown. Trump used immigration as his main argument in the midterms and the result was a Democrat takeover of the House and a smaller than expected gain in the Senate. The poll results are very consistent with that dynamic.

On behalf of the drug cartels, human traffickers, and terrorists, I would like to thank American liberals for their ardent opposition to any kind of a border barrier. Their spokesman told me, "Open borders are the wave of the future. Tell American lefties to keep up the good work."

You are so much bullshit. The DEA says drug smuggling through POEs on the border are where the majority of the drugs cross our border. The Border Patrol reports very few cases of suspected human traffickers. How many terrorists are illegals/ None. Federal agencies seem to disagree with you. A majority of voters do not support a wall.

Realistically even if Trump declares an emergency, which I don’t think he should and I don’t even think is truly a legitimate reason to declare a national emergency for in this case, in my opinion the wall that he wants won’t be the wall that he eventually gets, if there is even a new wall at all. He really should have pushed this much harder during the first two years of his presidency if he wanted less barriers (no pun jntended) to building the wall that he promised.
----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.
legally, a national emergency is anything the President says is a national emergency. Although presidents have been declaring national emergencies since the beginning of the republic, in the late 1970's Congress passed laws defining what the President's powers to declare an emergency was and exactly what powers he could subsequently exercise. The first president to declare a national emergency under these new laws was Jimmy Carter when he wanted to seize Iranian assets in the US without seeking permission from Congress.

Congress recognized there might be times when Congress was unable to act effectively on certain issues and the President must take action on his own, and this has been done over 500 times since the beginning of the republic and 58 times since the new laws were passed in the 1970's; 31 of these states of emergency are still in effect, and President Trump has declared states of emergency 3 times already.

President Trump regarded immigration reform as an urgent matter from day one of his administration, and he tried from day one to negotiate the issue with the Democrats, but they refused. Since the Democrats were determined to block any legislation that would advance the President's reform agenda, he would have needed sixty votes in the Senate to get the funding passed, and while he had majorities in favor of it in both houses of Congress, he never had sixty votes in the Senate. Nonetheless, he continued to try to reason with the Democrats right up until the Democrats won the House and made any kind of political compromise impossible. It is the gridlock the Democrats in the House have created in Congress that is the emergency that makes the invocation of emergency powers necessary since it makes it impossible for Congress to act effectively on this issue.

These national emergencies have been in the foreign policy arena and none of them directly contradict the Constitution. The Congress cannot give a President the powers that are delegated to Congress by the Constitution such as the power of the purse. They did not give him the power to as Justin Amish tweeted, "No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants."

Just because he cannot get money from Congress for a wall does not make it a national emergency to do a end run around Congress. Just because you want something does not mean a compromise has to include it. Around a year ago when Democrats wanted DACA as part of a compromise bill, Republicans refused to include DACA in a compromise. Gridlock is not a justification for using a national emergency to do a end-run around Congress. If you could, Obama could have declared a national emergency to go around a Republican Congress.
Regardless of what you or Justin Amish think a national emergency should be, under the National Emergencies Act a national emergency is anything the President says it is, and neither Congress nor the Courts have jurisdiction over what constitutes a national emergency, and since the law gives the President 123 extraordinary powers under a national emergency to use the funds in the DoD military construction budget ($10.5 billion, mostly now designated for military housing) to build the smart fence, there are no legitimate legal grounds on which to challenge him. There are only two ways to prevent the President from securing our southern border under a declaration of national emergency, rally 2/3 of each house of Congress to overturn the National Emergencies Act, or impeach and convict the President. Of course, both will fail.

Barack Obama declared 13 states of emergency in order to gain extraordinary powers and not one of them dealt with a threat to American people or American property; all of them dealt with seizing the property of or blocking commerce with people who were party to foreign conflicts in which the US was not involved. None of these issues was so time sensitive that he couldn't have gone to Congress to seek their approval, but given his poor relations with Congress, he probably would have had to undergo the same kind of obstruction by Congress on each of the EO's issued under these national (non)emergencies.

GO!

lol ... FAIL.

Your insane ravings on Trump and Putin, will start a Cold War, if the grownups in the room, don't put a muzzle on you people.

(your plural)

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........................ you are cuckoo nuts, correll.

Regardless of what you or Justin Amish think a national emergency should be, under the National Emergencies Act a national emergency is anything the President says it is, and neither Congress nor the Courts have jurisdiction over what constitutes a national emergency, and since the law gives the President 123 extraordinary powers under a national emergency to use the funds in the DoD military construction budget ($10.5 billion, mostly now designated for military housing) to build the smart fence, there are no legitimate legal grounds on which to challenge him. There are only two ways to prevent the President from securing our southern border under a declaration of national emergency, rally 2/3 of each house of Congress to overturn the National Emergencies Act, or impeach and convict the President. Of course, both will fail.

Barack Obama declared 13 states of emergency in order to gain extraordinary powers and not one of them dealt with a threat to American people or American property; all of them dealt with seizing the property of or blocking commerce with people who were party to foreign conflicts in which the US was not involved. None of these issues was so time sensitive that he couldn't have gone to Congress to seek their approval, but given his poor relations with Congress, he probably would have had to undergo the same kind of obstruction by Congress on each of the EO's issued under these national (non)emergencies.

if trump declares a national emergancy & tries to take cash from one agency/program/appointed recipient, then he has to prove that the 2 are related. for example, he cannot take FEMA cash for the wall. he cannot take SNAP cash, or SUPER FUND cash.... he's gonna have a real tough time proving any connections.

if trump declares a national emergancy & tries to take cash from one agency/program/appointed recipient, then he has to prove that the 2 are related. for example, he cannot take FEMA cash for the wall. he cannot take SNAP cash, or SUPER FUND cash.... he's gonna have a real tough time proving any connections.
--------------------------------------- speculate all you like . i'll wait and see what the Trump does . What , 6 days to go PTime .

Forum List

Back