Trump's wall idea is dead

It's coming tonight! You'll be hearing all about the wall tonight, cupcake. :itsok:

SOTU address tonight.

From the OP link:

"If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval"

"Speaker Nancy] Pelosi will introduce a resolution of disapproval that will pass the House"

^Pure fiction there. DOA just like every other ridiculous thing the Democrats are proposing.

"Trump also has ways to reprogram some money or deploy other executive actions that could avoid a conflict with Congress."

Now we're getting some truth.

Cupcake, you're getting a wall. A wall that should have been there since 1991 after Democrats agreed to secure the border. You may not like it, but you're gonna deal with it.

Hilarious, a big man with a draft dodger photo and loves a 5 deferment Pres I guess.
You do know the border is 2000 miles long?
Walls needed and present at key points.
These zero college cult members never can post w/o a pathetic insult
You do know the crossings have been going down way before our fat boy became Pres?

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.
legally, a national emergency is anything the President says is a national emergency. Although presidents have been declaring national emergencies since the beginning of the republic, in the late 1970's Congress passed laws defining what the President's powers to declare an emergency was and exactly what powers he could subsequently exercise. The first president to declare a national emergency under these new laws was Jimmy Carter when he wanted to seize Iranian assets in the US without seeking permission from Congress.

Congress recognized there might be times when Congress was unable to act effectively on certain issues and the President must take action on his own, and this has been done over 500 times since the beginning of the republic and 58 times since the new laws were passed in the 1970's; 31 of these states of emergency are still in effect, and President Trump has declared states of emergency 3 times already.

President Trump regarded immigration reform as an urgent matter from day one of his administration, and he tried from day one to negotiate the issue with the Democrats, but they refused. Since the Democrats were determined to block any legislation that would advance the President's reform agenda, he would have needed sixty votes in the Senate to get the funding passed, and while he had majorities in favor of it in both houses of Congress, he never had sixty votes in the Senate. Nonetheless, he continued to try to reason with the Democrats right up until the Democrats won the House and made any kind of political compromise impossible. It is the gridlock the Democrats in the House have created in Congress that is the emergency that makes the invocation of emergency powers necessary since it makes it impossible for Congress to act effectively on this issue.

These national emergencies have been in the foreign policy arena and none of them directly contradict the Constitution. The Congress cannot give a President the powers that are delegated to Congress by the Constitution such as the power of the purse. They did not give him the power to as Justin Amish tweeted, "No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants."

Just because he cannot get money from Congress for a wall does not make it a national emergency to do a end run around Congress. Just because you want something does not mean a compromise has to include it. Around a year ago when Democrats wanted DACA as part of a compromise bill, Republicans refused to include DACA in a compromise. Gridlock is not a justification for using a national emergency to do a end-run around Congress. If you could, Obama could have declared a national emergency to go around a Republican Congress.
Regardless of what you or Justin Amish think a national emergency should be, under the National Emergencies Act a national emergency is anything the President says it is, and neither Congress nor the Courts have jurisdiction over what constitutes a national emergency, and since the law gives the President 123 extraordinary powers under a national emergency to use the funds in the DoD military construction budget ($10.5 billion, mostly now designated for military housing) to build the smart fence, there are no legitimate legal grounds on which to challenge him. There are only two ways to prevent the President from securing our southern border under a declaration of national emergency, rally 2/3 of each house of Congress to overturn the National Emergencies Act, or impeach and convict the President. Of course, both will fail.

Barack Obama declared 13 states of emergency in order to gain extraordinary powers and not one of them dealt with a threat to American people or American property; all of them dealt with seizing the property of or blocking commerce with people who were party to foreign conflicts in which the US was not involved. None of these issues was so time sensitive that he couldn't have gone to Congress to seek their approval, but given his poor relations with Congress, he probably would have had to undergo the same kind of obstruction by Congress on each of the EO's issued under these national (non)emergencies.

if trump declares a national emergancy & tries to take cash from one agency/program/appointed recipient, then he has to prove that the 2 are related. for example, he cannot take FEMA cash for the wall. he cannot take SNAP cash, or SUPER FUND cash.... he's gonna have a real tough time proving any connections.
--------------------------------------- speculate all you like . i'll wait and see what the Trump does . What , 6 days to go PTime .

i will be pleasantly surprised if tinkles doesn't throw a hissy fit & declares an emergency. & as soon as he does, then the lawsuits start. it will be tied up for a while anyway & maybe he'll be outa office by then.

or maybe the Trump will ignore the 'black robed tyrants' same as Andrew Jackson did PTime .

Andrew Jackson ignored the 'supremes' and said , let the 'court' send its army to enforce its ruling or some similar words PTime .

its all speculation , i'll wait and see what happens in 6 days PTime .

Andrew Jackson ignored the 'supremes' and said , let the 'court' send its army to enforce its ruling or some similar words PTime .
--------------------------------------------- doesn't seem correct that one ' unelected judge ' should be able to overturn the ELECTED President Trump President of the USA PTime .

It's coming tonight! You'll be hearing all about the wall tonight, cupcake. :itsok:

SOTU address tonight.

From the OP link:

"If the House passes a formal resolution of disapproval"

"Speaker Nancy] Pelosi will introduce a resolution of disapproval that will pass the House"

^Pure fiction there. DOA just like every other ridiculous thing the Democrats are proposing.

"Trump also has ways to reprogram some money or deploy other executive actions that could avoid a conflict with Congress."

Now we're getting some truth.

Cupcake, you're getting a wall. A wall that should have been there since 1991 after Democrats agreed to secure the border. You may not like it, but you're gonna deal with it.

Hilarious, a big man with a draft dodger photo and loves a 5 deferment Pres I guess.
You do know the border is 2000 miles long?
Walls needed and present at key points.
These zero college cult members never can post w/o a pathetic insult
You do know the crossings have been going down way before our fat boy became Pres?
------------------------------------------- its not ZERO Crossings yet and thats why the WALL is needed PH3 .

Realistically even if Trump declares an emergency, which I don’t think he should and I don’t even think is truly a legitimate reason to declare a national emergency for in this case, in my opinion the wall that he wants won’t be the wall that he eventually gets, if there is even a new wall at all. He really should have pushed this much harder during the first two years of his presidency if he wanted less barriers (no pun jntended) to building the wall that he promised.
----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

No I really don’t consider that to be an emergency. I think it waters down the meaning and true intention of those emergency powers in my opinion. There are flaws in our immigration system that’s apparent, but using declaration of emergency to begin construction on a wall in order to address an emergency that is said to be happening right now doesn’t really match when it comes to timeline. Immigration hasn’t really changed in the two years Trump has been president. Why is it an emergency now but not two years ago? What is the catalyst now that warrants emergency powers versus then? I’m not opposed to fixing our immigration system, but I do question and have my doubts about the current underlying politics of the current dilemma.
legally, a national emergency is anything the President says is a national emergency. Although presidents have been declaring national emergencies since the beginning of the republic, in the late 1970's Congress passed laws defining what the President's powers to declare an emergency was and exactly what powers he could subsequently exercise. The first president to declare a national emergency under these new laws was Jimmy Carter when he wanted to seize Iranian assets in the US without seeking permission from Congress.

Congress recognized there might be times when Congress was unable to act effectively on certain issues and the President must take action on his own, and this has been done over 500 times since the beginning of the republic and 58 times since the new laws were passed in the 1970's; 31 of these states of emergency are still in effect, and President Trump has declared states of emergency 3 times already.

President Trump regarded immigration reform as an urgent matter from day one of his administration, and he tried from day one to negotiate the issue with the Democrats, but they refused. Since the Democrats were determined to block any legislation that would advance the President's reform agenda, he would have needed sixty votes in the Senate to get the funding passed, and while he had majorities in favor of it in both houses of Congress, he never had sixty votes in the Senate. Nonetheless, he continued to try to reason with the Democrats right up until the Democrats won the House and made any kind of political compromise impossible. It is the gridlock the Democrats in the House have created in Congress that is the emergency that makes the invocation of emergency powers necessary since it makes it impossible for Congress to act effectively on this issue.

These national emergencies have been in the foreign policy arena and none of them directly contradict the Constitution. The Congress cannot give a President the powers that are delegated to Congress by the Constitution such as the power of the purse. They did not give him the power to as Justin Amish tweeted, "No. @POTUS can’t claim emergency powers for non-emergency actions whenever Congress doesn’t legislate the way he wants."

Just because he cannot get money from Congress for a wall does not make it a national emergency to do a end run around Congress. Just because you want something does not mean a compromise has to include it. Around a year ago when Democrats wanted DACA as part of a compromise bill, Republicans refused to include DACA in a compromise. Gridlock is not a justification for using a national emergency to do a end-run around Congress. If you could, Obama could have declared a national emergency to go around a Republican Congress.
Regardless of what you or Justin Amish think a national emergency should be, under the National Emergencies Act a national emergency is anything the President says it is, and neither Congress nor the Courts have jurisdiction over what constitutes a national emergency, and since the law gives the President 123 extraordinary powers under a national emergency to use the funds in the DoD military construction budget ($10.5 billion, mostly now designated for military housing) to build the smart fence, there are no legitimate legal grounds on which to challenge him. There are only two ways to prevent the President from securing our southern border under a declaration of national emergency, rally 2/3 of each house of Congress to overturn the National Emergencies Act, or impeach and convict the President. Of course, both will fail.

Barack Obama declared 13 states of emergency in order to gain extraordinary powers and not one of them dealt with a threat to American people or American property; all of them dealt with seizing the property of or blocking commerce with people who were party to foreign conflicts in which the US was not involved. None of these issues was so time sensitive that he couldn't have gone to Congress to seek their approval, but given his poor relations with Congress, he probably would have had to undergo the same kind of obstruction by Congress on each of the EO's issued under these national (non)emergencies.

The court fight would not be over the national emergency but whether that gives the President the power to ignore the Constitution which gives Congress the power of the purse. That cannot be legislated away. That gives the Courts the right to intervene.

Barack Obama's national emergencies did not directly contradict the Constitution in a way that Trump's would.

----------------------------------- hundreds of third worlders coming into the USA interior everyday to meet up with amigos and familia distributed all though the USA interior and thats an invasion or Emergency Grace .

The court fight would not be over the national emergency but whether that gives the President the power to ignore the Constitution which gives Congress the power of the purse. That cannot be legislated away. That gives the Courts the right to intervene.

Barack Obama's national emergencies did not directly contradict the Constitution in a way that Trump's would.
--------------------------------------------- in your OPINION BBee .

--------------------------------------------- doesn't seem correct that one ' unelected judge ' should be able to overturn the ELECTED President Trump President of the USA PTime .

trump is limited in what he can order the military to do within the nation's borders & the eminent domain lawsuits will be interesting to see play out. so much for keeping gov'ment small & less intrusive, 'eh?

trump is limited in what he can order the military to do within the nation's borders & the eminent domain lawsuits will be interesting to see play out. so much for keeping gov'ment small & less intrusive, 'eh?
---------------------------------------- got nothing to do with the military , Trump just ignores the 'courts black robed tyrant' called 'judge' . What army does the 'judge' have that will go after Trump ignoring the 'court' order PTime ?? And so you want to change topics to Eminent Domain eh . There is enough WALL building areas so that eminent domain may not ever be a concern . And then , remember the 60 foot wide Roosevelt Reservation that runs the entire length of the border that is Federally owned Land [except for Texas ] PTime .

---------------------------------------- got nothing to do with the military , Trump just ignores the 'courts black robed tyrant' called 'judge' . What army does the 'judge' have that will go after Trump ignoring the 'court' order PTime ?? And so you want to change topics to Eminent Domain eh . There is enough WALL building areas so that eminent domain may not ever be a concern . And then , remember the 60 foot wide Roosevelt Reservation that runs the entire length of the border that is Federally owned Land [except for Texas ] PTime .
Eminent domain not a problem? Then why is texas fighting the wall?

and TRUMP builds WALL up to the objecting land owners property line and skips his land for the time being , but goes on to the next WALL building section . Its all speculation , 6 days to go PTime .

It's not an emergency yet. It's only an emergency after the traitorous democrats refuse to fund the wall.

if trump declares a national emergancy & tries to take cash from one agency/program/appointed recipient, then he has to prove that the 2 are related. for example, he cannot take FEMA cash for the wall. he cannot take SNAP cash, or SUPER FUND cash.... he's gonna have a real tough time proving any connections.
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. The National Emergencies Act lists his powers and while some funds can't be moved, there are sufficient funds that can be and $5 to $6 billion will be available.

------------------------------------ its not TEXAS that is fighting the Wall , its some in Texas that is fighting the WALL . See post number 253 if you are interested in my OPINION Dud . Its all speculation , 6 days to go Dud .

There are no constitutional issues here. The President will prioritize building the smart fence over other items in the DoD's military construction budget and any lawsuits contesting that will quickly be seen as frivolous.

------------------------------------ its not TEXAS that is fighting the Wall , its some in Texas that is fighting the WALL . See post number 253 if you are interested in my OPINION Dud . Its all speculation , 6 days to go Dud .
Trump has the DOJ working on seizing the land.
qsahgd68flf21.jpg

Forum List

Back