Trump's wall idea is dead

Since when can any court override the president in the declaration of a national emergency?

You need to read the National Emergencies act. It states it can ONLY be repealed by an act of congress, literally. And not a single one has been so we are currently under 31 declared emergencies right now.

National Emergencies Act - Wikipedia

Napolitano predicts courts would reject Trump emergency declaration for wall
By Owen Daugherty - 02/04/19 04:06 PM EST
[...]

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano predicted the courts will prevent President Trump from circumventing Congress and declaring a national emergency to build a wall on the Mexican border.

In an appearance Monday on Fox News' "America's Newsroom," Napolitano said he believed the courts would stop Trump because much of the land on the border where the wall would be built is held privately.

As a result, he suggested the courts would not stand for Trump making the decision to use federal funds to acquire private property and build the wall without congressional approval.

“I think the law is very clear and I think the President has been advised of it that if he signs an executive order declaring a national emergency and directing the military to spend money that has not been expressly appropriated for the wall or that has not been expressly appropriated for eminent domain– since much of the real estate where they want to build the wall is privately owned– I think it’s pretty clear that court will stop him from doing that,” Napolitano said.

[...]

:itsok:

But enough about Obama. He isn't president any longer.

obama said mexico will pay for the wall?

LOL................ good one.

It's not about popularity, sheesh.
It's about being on the proper side of the issue, American
citizens first. It's a foreign concept to you, I know.

spending that money more efficiently, instead on some pseudo monument to your dear leader is a foreign concept to *you*.

No, but the basement dwelling deplorable is part of the Democrat machinery.

oooOOOOooo..... SNAP! :auiqs.jpg:

Are you saying legislation should be decided by iffy poll numbers ..?

they aren't iffy numbers. they are solid & have been.

i think public opinion has a say since the legislatures work for the public & the public are affected by the outcomes.. & if enough people contact their congress critters, they sometimes listen, especially if they are up for re-election. there are a ton of senators up for reelection in 2020 & nancy knows it. this might interest you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-can-jam-republicans-heres-how/?noredirect=on

Bitch! When was the last time a crew of 8 illegals stole your job because they slightly underbid you and your 1 Cuban buddy?

Half past never, aye? Well that's reality for a lot of working people in America.

It's happened to me 10x in the past 7 years from the same fat white motherfucker that works illegals.

I refuse to hire illegals, ever, one day this guy I was working for hired one.

He set an aluminum ladder on a power service wire.

My face probably turned purple yelling at him. Nobody died, so there's that.

Maybe your perspective would be different if illegals were taking food directly off your table. They do exactly that for many Americans.

And don't forget the indirect impact of just lowering the over all price for that labor. That hits EVERYONE.

like your trump/thor has, cartoon boy?

Well, to be fair, he has been pretty serious about deportations, and I have heard that even legal immigration, has been limited somewhat.

But yes, Trump has dropped the ball on not moving on this in his first year.

And for you. Because you deserve it.

trump-thor-01.jpg

lol...you have serious issues....

[...]

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano predicted the courts will prevent President Trump from circumventing Congress and declaring a national emergency to build a wall on the Mexican border.

In an appearance Monday on Fox News' "America's Newsroom," Napolitano said he believed the courts would stop Trump because much of the land on the border where the wall would be built is held privately.

As a result, he suggested the courts would not stand for Trump making the decision to use federal funds to acquire private property and build the wall without congressional approval.

“I think the law is very clear and I think the President has been advised of it that if he signs an executive order declaring a national emergency and directing the military to spend money that has not been expressly appropriated for the wall or that has not been expressly appropriated for eminent domain– since much of the real estate where they want to build the wall is privately owned– I think it’s pretty clear that court will stop him from doing that,” Napolitano said.

[...]

spending that money more efficiently, instead on some pseudo monument to your dear leader is a foreign concept to *you*.

i think public opinion has a say since the legislatures work for the public & the public are affected by the outcomes.. & if enough people contact their congress critters, they sometimes listen, especially if they are up for re-election. there are a ton of senators up for reelection in 2020 & nancy knows it. this might interest you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-can-jam-republicans-heres-how/?noredirect=on

Bitch! When was the last time a crew of 8 illegals stole your job because they slightly underbid you and your 1 Cuban buddy?

Half past never, aye? Well that's reality for a lot of working people in America.

It's happened to me 10x in the past 7 years from the same fat white motherfucker that works illegals.

Maybe your perspective would be different if illegals were taking food directly off your table. They do exactly that for many Americans.

And don't forget the indirect impact of just lowering the over all price for that labor. That hits EVERYONE.

Well, to be fair, he has been pretty serious about deportations, and I have heard that even legal immigration, has been limited somewhat.

trump-thor-01.jpg

What? I mostly agreed with you. Trump dropped the ball by not addressing this sooner.

What more do you want?

[...]

[...]

trump-thor-01.jpg

Soooo anyway .. if the reputable poll numbers change to .. Yup, lets build the Wall, are you all in?

trump-thor-01.jpg

What? I mostly agreed with you. Trump dropped the ball by not addressing this sooner.

What more do you want?

actually i did notice that, but mostly cause you had no choice against cold hard irrefutable fact. do you want a gold star for that? i was strictly talking about the cartoon........... cartoon boy............

'What more do you want?'

for you to fully acknowledge that trump & his family are frauds & he's putin's bitch - but that would be asking too much, right?

trump-thor-01.jpg

Soooo anyway .. if the reputable poll numbers change to .. Yup, lets build the Wall, are you all in?

personally, noooo.. but that would be the way the kitty kibble crumbles.............

trump-thor-01.jpg

What more do you want?

actually i did notice that, but mostly cause you had no choice against cold hard irrefutable fact. do you want a gold star for that? i was strictly talking about the cartoon........... cartoon boy............

'What more do you want?'

for you to fully acknowledge that trump & his family are frauds & he's putin's bitch - but that would be asking too much, right?

1. Correct. The fact is there, and I don't ignore the facts, unlike you liberals.

2. The cartoon, is my attempt to sink to your level of debate. As I explained to you before, using small words so that you would understand.

3. It is not too late for Trump to keep his biggest promise, and only a partisan brain dead tard would say what you said about Trump and Putin.

Also, you should be ashamed of your warmongering.

trump-thor-01.jpg

What more do you want?

'What more do you want?'

1. Correct. The fact is there, and I don't ignore the facts, unlike you liberals.

2. The cartoon, is my attempt to sink to your level of debate. As I explained to you before, using small words so that you would understand.

3. It is not too late for Trump to keep his biggest promise, and only a partisan brain dead tard would say what you said about Trump and Putin.

yep - they be big, BIG issues.

oh & tic toc on the whole russia treasonous thing, CB.

trump-thor-01.jpg

What more do you want?

'What more do you want?'

What are you talking about?

What more do you want?

'What more do you want?'

A) you have big BIG issues.

B) it's only a matter of time b4 trump get's outed for the russian asset that he is.

C) :popcorn:

What more do you want?

'What more do you want?'

B) it's only a matter of time b4 trump get's outed for the russian asset that he is.

1. Because I make fun of you? LOL!!! You deserve to be made fun of, for your hysteria.

2. Try to control your hysteria.

'What more do you want?'

1. Because I make fun of you? LOL!!! You deserve to be made fun of, for your hysteria.

dude - the cartoons.... you have issues with cartoons & trump being in them. as a super hero.

c'mon, you are a grown man. at least that's what your age says you are supposta be.

dude - the cartoons.... you have issues with cartoons & trump being in them. as a super hero.

c'mon, you are a grown man. at least that's what your age says you are supposta be.

No issue. It amuses me, especially as I know it kills you inside.

That you feel the need to spin that as anything more, just makes you even sadder.

Why do you want another Cold War?

That you feel the need to spin that as anything more, just makes you even sadder.

ya, uh-huh, you go with that....

so pray tell, what did i say that would lead you to believe that i want another cold war or that what little ol' me says on a message board out on the interwebs would have any such clout?

so pray tell, what did i say that would lead you to believe that i want another cold war or that what little ol' me says on a message board out on the interwebs would have any such clout?

You are supporting the absurd lie that the President of the United States, is a Russian asset.

If you lunatics get your way, and that becomes the basis of national policy, then the US will make serious moves to punish the Russians for their terrible crimes.

The Russians, knowing that your justification for your provocations is complete bullshit, will respond strongly.

At that point, Cold War is on. If not Hot.

Did you really not think this through?

You are supporting the absurd lie that the President of the United States, is a Russian asset.

If you lunatics get your way, and that becomes the basis of national policy, then the US will make serious moves to punish the Russians for their terrible crimes.

The Russians, knowing that your justification for your provocations is complete bullshit, will respond strongly.

i don't think trumpco thought it out.

i don't think trumpco thought it out.

Way to not address my answer to your question.

Partisan advantage is worth starting a war over. Incredible. You are vile beyond words.

------------------------------------------------ to me , the constant barrage of cartoons are simply foolishness and don't say anything worth saying .

Forum List

Back