Truth is power

Robodoon

Jan 18, 2012
Truth is power, but lying will get you ahead fast for a while and then it will crash.

Creation is built on truth, otherwise the physical world doesn't exist.

Only truth holds true.

And today, many say they hold the Truth...

Many do but...they can't all be right.

Well...I guess that is up to debate. ;)

If all is right, nothing is.

Truth is just one thing, well after you ..... and before you, too.

God Bless and all the best.
I'm a Christian, I hope my call for blessing is not taken as something else.

When I deal with the progressive left, it seems it fine to berate,moan and call for injustice for... stupid simple things...which are evil.

There is one truth, is that intolerant?

Truth is power, but lying will get you ahead fast for a while and then it will crash.

Only truth holds true.

When I deal with the progressive left, it seems it fine to berate,moan and call for injustice for... stupid simple things...which are evil.

For some here the answer will be YES, and they won't express it quite in that way........however I am happy to see another believer willing to defend the Faith.......there are a few good ones here that I have discovered so far. I suspect there are many more who have tired of dealing with the ridicule of the unbelievers and simply don't comment on these threads.........don't know for sure, but I suspect such.

You are quite correct..........there Is but ONE TRUTH, and that is the Word of God.

Only truth holds true.

Truth can take care of itself and is thus irrelevant. If you believe in creation, that does not make it so. If I do not, that does not make it not so. All that matters is we live our lives true to what we see as right.

Are you intolerant? I don't care. You can be as tolerant or intolerant as you please. It has no impact upon me.

Truth is sovereign. It changes not. Very few wish to be close companions with Truth because of the price they must pay for its friendship! Truth is expensive. It can cost you your family, your friends, your job and in some cases your very life.

The world does not receive the Truth very well and those who speak it do so at their own peril. If one alters the Truth to appease those who oppose it one has departed from the Truth. Only the strong can stand with Truth because of its nature. The Truth cannot alter itself or it is no longer the Truth. It cannot make a deal with the devil and deny itself in order to accomodate an inconvenient fact. It must be 100% or not at all. Which means there are absolutes in this world and the Truth is black and white - not shades of grey.

The glorious thing about standing with the Truth is that in the end it will vindicate you if you stand firmly with it & it will become self evident to others. Those who did ridicule & then viciously attack it - - will be exposed as liars and the Truth will outlast her enemies. Long Live the Truth.

- Jeremiah

Last edited:
yes truthmatters.

Im addicted to the truth.

It is not an easy path.

Its the only true one.

the truth includes the fact that there is no proof there is any supremem being.

the truth will set you free

Truth is subjective.

I think truth is purely objective. If it is true, then it is. Can't get any more objective than that. However, I would certainly agree that our beliefs about what is true or not is entirely subjective and quite often fantasy.

Only truth holds true.

Truth can take care of itself and is thus irrelevant. If you believe in creation, that does not make it so. If I do not, that does not make it not so. All that matters is we live our lives true to what we see as right.

Are you intolerant? I don't care. You can be as tolerant or intolerant as you please. It has no impact upon me.

Truth does always preserve herself but she is hardly irrelevant. How else can a civilized society function if not for the Truth, Prachett? Lawlessness would prevail if Truth were to be designated to the dust bin of irrelevance. Wouldn't it?

I must agree if one believes in creation that would not make it so. The Truth does not rest upon the shoulders of what any human believes or does not believe - it is Sovereign and stands on its own two feet!!

As to your statement that all that matters is that we live our lives true to what we see right I believe that would be what we know to be right - because when speaking of faith - Jesus said if a person sins and doesn't realize it is a sin it shall not be held against him.

God in his wisdom has worked this all out - because He is always looking for a way to reach us. He is not an evil God looking for a reason to throw us in hell. By His very nature, He is a very good God who desires the very best for each one of us. Which is why he sent His Son.

Apart from that discussion pertaining to Faith -

If you find the Truth intolerant then you are not alone. Billions of people have discovered the same thing. The Truth is intolerant which is why Islam despises it so much. ( it cannot accomodate Lies & refuses to play along ) - Jeri

Truth is subjective.

I think truth is purely objective. If it is true, then it is. Can't get any more objective than that. However, I would certainly agree that our beliefs about what is true or not is entirely subjective and quite often fantasy.

Nothing is purely objective when viewed through the eyes of a human being.

If you are speaking of perceptions and interpretations of the truth by humans that would have no bearing on the Truth itself, Skull. The Truth is the Truth even if not a single person agrees with it the Truth is still the Truth. The Truth remains the Truth when everyone rejoices in it as well.

The Truth changes not. The people do by evidence of their rejection / departure from it. - Jeri

Only truth holds true.

I believe in Absolute Truth, also. Where we fall short is in specific application to circumstance. I suspect it's all part of the plan and growth cycle, though. ;)

If you are speaking of perceptions and interpretations of the truth by humans that would have no bearing on the Truth itself, Skull. The Truth is the Truth even if not a single person agrees with it the Truth is still the Truth. The Truth remains the Truth when everyone rejoices in it as well.

The Truth changes not. The people do by evidence of their rejection / departure from it. - Jeri

Perception is all we have. We can only see the world via our bodies therefore everything we perceive is nothing but our subjective interpretation of our sensory impressions.

Truth is subjective.

No argument. But reality is not dependent up humans being able to perceive it accurately. Hence my statement that our beliefs about the truth are entirely subjective.

Perception is all we have. We can only see the world via our bodies therefore everything we perceive is nothing but our subjective interpretation of our sensory impressions.

Skull, I am speaking about TRUTH whereas you are speaking about an individuals "perception" of the Truth. If the perception is not 100% aligned with the Truth the person is in error. In essence, TRUTH is all you have. It is the only reliable measuring stick by which you may apply a matter and come out with the correct answer. - Jeri

Only truth holds true.

Truth does always preserve herself but she is hardly irrelevant. How else can a civilized society function if not for the Truth, Prachett? Lawlessness would prevail if Truth were to be designated to the dust bin of irrelevance. Wouldn't it?

I must agree if one believes in creation that would not make it so. The Truth does not rest upon the shoulders of what any human believes or does not believe - it is Sovereign and stands on its own two feet!!

As to your statement that all that matters is that we live our lives true to what we see right I believe that would be what we know to be right - because when speaking of faith - Jesus said if a person sins and doesn't realize it is a sin it shall not be held against him.

God in his wisdom has worked this all out - because He is always looking for a way to reach us. He is not an evil God looking for a reason to throw us in hell. By His very nature, He is a very good God who desires the very best for each one of us. Which is why he sent His Son.

Apart from that discussion pertaining to Faith -

If you find the Truth intolerant then you are not alone. Billions of people have discovered the same thing. The Truth is intolerant which is why Islam despises it so much. ( it cannot accomodate Lies & refuses to play along ) - Jeri

Society functions quite well and always has, regardless of what "Truth" happens to be popular at the time. There is a reason the "Truth" tends to change as society changes. Lawlessness does not prevail because society does not accept lawlessness.

If you wish to attribute that to some god, that is your privilege. If you wish to be intolerant of others in the name of your god, that too is your privilege.

Skull, I am speaking about TRUTH whereas you are speaking about an individuals "perception" of the Truth. If the perception is not 100% aligned with the Truth the person is in error. In essence, TRUTH is all you have. It is the only reliable measuring stick by which you may apply a matter and come out with the correct answer. - Jeri

Perception is all we have.

We have no idea what the world may actually look like we only know what our senses can perceive.

Your "truth " is that there may be a god. Mine might be different.

Only truth holds true.

For some here the answer will be YES, and they won't express it quite in that way........however I am happy to see another believer willing to defend the Faith.......there are a few good ones here that I have discovered so far. I suspect there are many more who have tired of dealing with the ridicule of the unbelievers and simply don't comment on these threads.........don't know for sure, but I suspect such.

You are quite correct..........there Is but ONE TRUTH, and that is the Word of God.

Amen :) And thanks for the support :)

Only truth holds true.

Well you have a point. Free Will is active in this world. The Angels also have free will.

Some fall some do not, not everything is truth.

Forum List

Back