Trying to reduce the unemployment numbers by 1

Sep 12, 2008
I had a job interview at my old bank today. I think it went well. Guy said they had 3000 applications, and they shortlisted 34 folks for the second interview. I hear back on Wednesday.

I really really suck at interviews. I stammer, talk real fast and jump on questions. But it was best interview since I lost my job in May.

I have everything crossed.
:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

I had a job interview at my old bank today. I think it went well. Guy said they had 3000 applications, and they shortlisted 34 folks for the second interview. I hear back on Wednesday.

I really really suck at interviews. I stammer, talk real fast and jump on questions. But it was best interview since I lost my job in May.

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

Heres hoping for you. Really sucks, being out of work.

Research the company. Find the key words in their self descriptions and use them. They don't care how much you need or want the job. They care what you can do for them. Also, they will have to work with you if they hire you, so you need to leave the impression that being around you is a positive experience. Be happy, helpful, interested, empathetic and energetic.

Best of luck!

Best of Luck and a quick prayer for ya.

Good luck to you. Hope it turns out well. I hate it when people that really want to work can't get it on. I'm keeping everything I have crossed for you.

Officially I am a retired data comm manager from AT&T. For the past ten years I have been applying for any and all jobs just to see how hard it is to get an interview. The national employment history is of importance to me as I intend to write several books about it. Out of 37,654 job applications, I have had two interviews, both over the phone and was offered jobs twice from those two interviews.

I am a former Nuclear Reactor Plant operator, a magnetic and acoustic mine countermeasures technician (in the Navy), a Data Comm Manager with working experience with all modes of data transmission, a company network manager for the entire state of California for AT&T, a published author and so on and so forth. I have 14 years of college credit and 30 years of high pressure management experience. The network I managed had all of the 911 circuits for the states of California and Nevada.

Out of all of those job requests I had two offers, and they were in the past two years during this Depression. Both were for clerical low paying office jobs that paid under twenty dollars an hour.

If you got an interview at a Bank, you are doing a hell of a lot better than I did. Of course, I am One Hundred Percent on taking those interview and getting a job offer off of it, but the low paying nature of the job almost makes that an automatic default. Almost any warm body could have landed those two jobs.

Fact remains that for an educated older man (I'm 62), it is very hard to even get an interview now a days.

Funny, if I were running a corporation and a man with all of my experience applied for any and all positions, I'd go out of my way to pick him up. That does not happen in the modern world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back