🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tuberculosis, flu, infections rampant as the number of sick migrants surge at border

When there are sick people and we have vaccines and medicines; we should treat them. It’s the Christian thing to do.
You pay for it then, Illegal aliens are not worth the time, effort and money

When there are sick people and we have vaccines and medicines; we should treat them. It’s the Christian thing to do.

A healthy public is worth paying for. But of course, hate trumps logic in the world of a conservative.

BTW: we used to have a rather robust Refugee Screening Program. Trump, of course, cut it so we’re less safe as a society now. Not that facts would ever influence your opinions.

A healthy public is worth paying for. But of course, hate trumps logic in the world of a conservative.

BTW: we used to have a rather robust Refugee Screening Program. Trump, of course, cut it so we’re less safe as a society now. Not that facts would ever influence your opinions.

Now you can't just post things that pique interest like that without providing more info. :link:

Illegal is illegal, to hell with illegal aliens

This is unacceptable, these criminals need to be prosecuted....the ones who accept money to let these people in....

My GOD.....in the 1900s America had Ellis Island .......where is a similar place to scan these illegal scum today????

America needs a wall NOW!

Number of sick kids soars at border; tuberculosis, flu, infections land migrants in hospitals

I saw a politician from Texas on Laura Ingraham and he was almost in tears, he was incredulous. He said 1 out of 5 kids in school in Texas don't speak English.

You're system is literlly being overwhelmed and southern GOP states will all be Democratic states soon.

I also heard a Constitutional lawyer say, Trump has the authority to call an emergency and to use emergency funds to build the barriers. He even stated lower courts will have a hard time preventing it as the Higher Courts are not happy with lower courts interfering in Presidents decisions. He said he doesn't need Congresses Authority as they are the ones who gave the President the authority already, it's in your law.

You know, I'm starting to really believe Trump about the former President comment, could have been Bush Jr, I don't know, I just can't imagine former presidents don't look back at their actions and realize how incompetent they had to be, especially when Bush had the law passed. This entire border issue is about as bad as Communist China.

You guys should be on the phone everyday calling BOTH parties and demanding a wall, how do you expect to remain solvent and to take care of your citizens when you are the FlopHouse for the worlds poor?

The largest building at Ellis Island was the contagious ward.
and once we healed them, they were let out, in to the free masses....

Legally.
yes, we chose to let them out legally... from my understanding.... it's not like they had VISAS to come here... I think they were mostly refugees, flocking here due to depressed situations in their own countries, weren't they?

IMO there absolutely is nothing wrong with requiring due process. Why else do we have it to start with. I do not care who comes here, as long as they do what is required to get here.

Legally.
yes, we chose to let them out legally... from my understanding.... it's not like they had VISAS to come here... I think they were mostly refugees, flocking here due to depressed situations in their own countries, weren't they?

IMO there absolutely is nothing wrong with requiring due process. Why else do we have it to start with. I do not care who comes here, as long as they do what is required to get here.

If I wasn't married I would be one trying to work in the U.S. I believe I have plenty to offer. I wouldn't be doing it illegally, you can bet your life on that.

They came here legally, I have no issue with legal immigration. In fact I encourage all to enter this country that way.
how did they come here legally? Did we issue the 12 million VISAS before they ever got on a boat, escaping their countries?

They came here legally, I have no issue with legal immigration. In fact I encourage all to enter this country that way.
how did they come here legally? Did we issue the 12 million VISAS before they ever got on a boat, escaping their countries?

Are you saying those that came through Ellis Island came here illegally?

Legally.

I think we must have wanted and needed more workers during that period of time, and it was easier for refugee immigrants from other countries to be taken in... as long as they were healthy and could work....show they could support themselves?

Are you saying those that came through Ellis Island came here illegally?

those who could show they could support themselves by working or having $15 to $25 dollars on them, and were healthy, were simply let in... most were not through VISAS ahead of time.... is what I have just been reading up on it.

Legally.

I think we must have wanted and needed more workers during that period of time, and it was easier for refugee immigrants from other countries to be taken in... as long as they were healthy and could work....show they could support themselves?

Probably so. And they were tested for any diseases, which is important, as we are seeing today.

I have a friend right now...that married a woman from the Philippines....one year ago this past August. They married over there. She has been trying to get here, and has been since. (actually started the process prior to marriage). They have not seen one another since they got married. The process to get here can be very hard now days, but they would not even consider her coming illegally.
It's tough, but IMO is is how it should be. And yes, I feel bad for them.

Legally.

If I wasn't married I would be one trying to work in the U.S. I believe I have plenty to offer. I wouldn't be doing it illegally, you can bet your life on that.
do your wife and kids not want to live here?? because if you have something to offer, you can probably get a visa for your whole family...

Legally.

Probably so. And they were tested for any diseases, which is important, as we are seeing today.

I have a friend right now...that married a woman from the Philippines....one year ago this past August. They married over there. She has been trying to get here, and has been since. (actually started the process prior to marriage). They have not seen one another since they got married. The process to get here can be very hard now days, but they would not even consider her coming illegally.
that is so strange and seems so so so wrong! Why in the world would the USA stop a spouse of an American citizen, from coming here? Do they think she is a terrorist or something?

I would have thought, the spouse could simply come here with their American husband on a green card, without all of the hoop dee dah? My Italian mother married my father in March, in August he was stationed back to the U.S,, my mother came with him, 5 years or less? later, she got her citizenship.

It could be that because he was in the US Air Force and stationed overseas, the process was easy peasy for them??

that is so strange and seems so so so wrong! Why in the world would the USA stop a spouse of an American citizen, from coming here? Do they think she is a terrorist or something?

I would have thought, the spouse could simply come here with their American husband on a green card, without all of the hoop dee dah? My Italian mother married my father in March, in August he was stationed back to the U.S,, my mother came with him, 5 years or less? later, she got her citizenship.

It could be that because he was in the US Air Force and stationed overseas, the process was easy peasy for them??

I suppose it is harder now. I really do not know, except right now it is HER country that is making it so slow.

I suppose it is harder now. I really do not know, except right now it is HER country that is making it so slow.
That is just so sad, married yet separated by no reason of their own.... :(

Tell your friend, to contact his US Representative and US Senator and ask them for help...

granted this was 50 years ago, but my father contacted them to get visas for my mother's parents that were being stalled.... I don't know from which end/country... but they helped my grandparents get their visas.

Tell your friend, to contact his US Representative and US Senator and ask them for help...

granted this was 50 years ago, but my father contacted them to get visas for my mother's parents that were being stalled.... I don't know from which end/country... but they helped my grandparents get their visas.

Okay, I will. I do think they are close to now having to do what is required in this country. (taking care of the visa stuff on this end) I do hope they can be together soon.

Okay, I will. I do think they are close to now having to do what is required in this country. (taking care of the visa stuff on this end) I do hope they can be together soon.
oh, been thinking about you know who, and the anniversary of his passing a lot lately.... gosh, it is hard to believe it's been a year already! Any facebook posts from his family on it?

Forum List

Back