Turkey is attacking the Kurds, who were risking their lives for the US just last week..

Those kurds have always been targets, either syria, Iraq or Turkey. The US will still protect a large area of Syria held by the Kurds.

Yes, they are our allies, however parts of their organization also fight against Turkey, one of our other allies, one we have relations with via NATO.

Should we go to war with Turkey over the Kurds?

If it comes to that, we should. Of course, there are ways to Bring Turkey to heal without going to war. Economic Sanctions, suspension from NATO, etc.

Fun to watch the Right Wing Warmongers turn into a bunch of hippies when their Orange Man wants to sell out an ally.

Yet harder economic sanctions are "bad" when applied to Iran. Again, you would bitch about whatever Trump did.

Your views on this are worthless.

There is no way in hell that you can tell us this is good Trump policy.

it's amazing how many idiots like Jimhack care about the Kurds now that they can be used to bash Trump.

The Kurds weren't in any danger before Trump started selling them out.

It impresses me that all you warmongers who supported Bush no matter how many times he lied and denounced Obama when he got us out of Iraq have all turned into a bunch of hippies when your Orange Fuhrer sells out our only ally.

the Kurds have been in danger for more than 1000 years-----which is why they live
up in them thar hills

Fighting Turkey’s military might are no match for these Kurds. Oh they will fight alright that I can guarantee......... but they will get slaughtered.

"Hey, European Union! Pull yourself together," Erdogan said at a meeting of party supporters Thursday. "I repeat it: If you try to describe our operation as an invasion, we will do what's easy for us: we will open the doors and send 3.6 million refugees to you," he added, to rapturous applause.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/immigration/erdogan-plays-refugee-card-criticism-mounts-over-turkeys-kurdish-offensive"] Erdogan Plays Refugee Card as Criticism Mounts Over Turkey's Kurdish Offensive [/URL]

Turkey begins military offensive in Syria, Erdogan announces

Turkey begins military offensive into Syria after US pulled back troops - CNNPolitics

trump will be remembered as the spineless coward who turned his back on our allies....the Kurds....

This is just horrible. I want our troops out of the Middle East but not at the expense of the lives of those who did most of the fighting against isis.

I believe he did this for his own personal financial benefit. He has a trump towers in Turkey. I'm sure that pressure was put on him by Turkey using those towers.

trump put himself before the nation. Again.

So we should go to war with Turkey?

The Turks were going to move. The 50-100 US troops in the zone they want to control were not going to stop them.

Well, I dont think we needed to go to war with Turkey. All we really needed to do was stay put. It's not like that was a hot spot. In the last 5 years we lost 6 soldiers in the region while the Kurds lost 11,000 because they were the ones on the offensive.... for themselves yes, but also for us. It isnt telling the true story if people try to say the Kurds were only fighting for themselves, they knew they were also fighting for our objectives and at least, THEY thought that they were our ally.
If we had simply stayed put, was Turkey going to bomb us? I don't think so. I think there are many other places we could have brought troops home from Around the world, that would have had less a devastating effect on a population. I think it just wasnt the time to bring out troops yet..... at least not without attempting some negotiations first. Something to hold Erdogon to.
I don't believe Erdogon has real proof that the Kurds he's bombing now were PKK, the bombing was unprovoked and the Turks are really taking advantage of a situation and I think Trump really made a mistake here by not valuing the ally that the Kurds are to us.

The problem is the Kurd's overall goal, a united Kurdistan will require Turkey, Iraq and Syria to give up substantial territory.

It's amazing that for decades we have used Kurds for our own purposes, playing lip service to their desire for a homeland, but now, all of a sudden, when it can hurt Trump, people really start caring about them?

Because leaving US troops of less than 100 in that area doesn’t hurt. They are not in danger.

But abandoning the area for no good excuse is just a worthless garbage pile of cow dung policy.

I have said this for years, we have no business in the Middle East. We have no business anywhere in the world but here.

Why are we risking young American men and women? There is nothing to gain, let the world police themselves and stop interfering in other countries.
Pap maybe I missed it but can you show us the post you wrote blasting Trump for sending troops to protect the Saudis from Iranians?

I was all for Iran and Afghanistan until I found out we weren't there to win but to invade, to engage in a politically correct war. I see no reason to put American lives at risk for no real reason. I have been consistent in my criticism with us being over there. If we are not there to win, we have no business being there. I am not sure if I posted my disagreement with sending troops to protect the Saudis or not.

RIGHT NOW you have McConnell and Pelosi agreeing ,,,You have Sanders and Graham agreeing IF those 4 can agree who are you to tell them they're wrong?? Kurds are our Ally,,,,,,,Generals are speaking out and the moron in our wh has a bloodbath on his hands

It's a UN issue, not a US issue. Turkey is a NATO ally, we need to tread softly. Thank you for naming four Senators that I don't respect.

The UN is impotent and Turkey is no reliable US ally.

Regardless it's wrong hanging the Kurds out to dry

I’ve been here for 4 years. For the first time I hate this but I agree with you.

Trump the draft Dodger has no respect for the lives lost and the act of a consistent ally.
Thousands of Kurds lost their lives while fighting by US forces in the fight against ISIS.. And this how Trump rewards them.
Trump the draft dodger has the blood of the Kurds on his hands.
Trump: ‘I will totally destroy the economy’

OP is a complete lie. Turkey is not “attacking the Kurds”.

Turkey is now attacking the Kurds. The whole world knew that is what going to happen.
Except Trump and you.

So, what do you want done? Attack our NATO “ally”?

You must be using Trump the great general military tactics. Crap. Who said attacking an ally Turkey?
These Kurds sacrificed and helped us fight an enemy instead of American soldiers.
Now we are abandoning them because Trump have a hotel in Istanbul.

There is no way in hell that you can give me an honest or good reason why we are abandoning these Kurds..History will judge the ineptness of the POTUS. The whole world is watching why they are being murdered. Women, children and men.
Think who are you supporting.

I’ve got nothing against the Kurds, neither does President Trump. This is about Turkey being run by thugs. This exposes them for what they are, and highlights the fact they should be kicked out of NATO.

Clearly you want our soldiers used as human shields to protect Kurds, I do not.

it's amazing how many idiots like Jimhack care about the Kurds now that they can be used to bash Trump.

It impresses me that all you warmongers who supported Bush no matter how many times he lied and denounced Obama when he got us out of Iraq have all turned into a bunch of hippies when your Orange Fuhrer sells out our only ally.

the Kurds have been in danger for more than 1000 years-----which is why they live
up in them thar hills

Fighting Turkey’s military might are no match for these Kurds. Oh they will fight alright that I can guarantee......... but they will get slaughtered.

Then what? Will you support sanctions against Turkey? Kicking them out of NATO? War?

I’ve got nothing against the Kurds, neither does President Trump.
Thank you Captain Obvious. We are all quite aware that he did this for personal gain, and his embarrassing nonsense about them not helping us in Normandy was just the first idiotic vomit that fizzled into his brain,no doubt fed to him by Erdogan.

Trump the draft Dodger has no respect for the lives lost and the act of a consistent ally.
Thousands of Kurds lost their lives while fighting by US forces in the fight against ISIS.. And this how Trump rewards them.
Trump the draft dodger has the blood of the Kurds on his hands.
Trump: ‘I will totally destroy the economy’

Turkey is now attacking the Kurds. The whole world knew that is what going to happen.
Except Trump and you.

You must be using Trump the great general military tactics. Crap. Who said attacking an ally Turkey?
These Kurds sacrificed and helped us fight an enemy instead of American soldiers.

There is no way in hell that you can give me an honest or good reason why we are abandoning these Kurds..History will judge the ineptness of the POTUS. The whole world is watching why they are being murdered. Women, children and men.

I’ve got nothing against the Kurds, neither does President Trump. This is about Turkey being run by thugs. This exposes them for what they are, and highlights the fact they should be kicked out of NATO.

Wrong.

They are in the area anyway.
Leaving US troops in that area doesn’t hurt but abandoning the area ........ which results a loss of lives and murder, rapes and slaughters is a heck of a pay for these people.

For fuck sake just admit it this is just a trump moronic policy. Trump will be judged by this...... At the same time I like it because this will be used against him during the election.

up in them thar hills

Then what? Will you support sanctions against Turkey? Kicking them out of NATO? War?

Hawk. Sanctions against Turkey, kicking out of NATO and war? What the hell are you talking about?

That is heck of a pay. To just leave less than 100 us troops in that area.

up in them thar hills

Hawk. Sanctions against Turkey, kicking out of NATO and war? What the hell are you talking about?

That is heck of a pay. To just leave less than 100 us troops in that area.

So your answer is Turkey gets no punishment and isn’t held accountable for their own actions, but President Trump must pay and everything is his fault.

Except Trump and you.

Wrong.

They are in the area anyway.
Leaving US troops in that area doesn’t hurt but abandoning the area ........ which results a loss of lives and murder, rapes and slaughters is a heck of a pay for these people.

For fuck sake just admit it this is just a trump moronic policy. Trump will be judged by this...... At the same time I like it because this will be used against him during the election.

This was a great move by the President. He’s exposed what Turkey is really about, and got our troops out of harm’s way.

(...) It is now a known fact that the Kurecik Radar Station was established in 2012 to deter Iranian ballistic missile threats against Israel. In fact Kurecik, in tandem with its twin the US X-band station on Mount Keren in the Negev Desert, provide an unprecedented early warning capability for Israel, considering that mere minutes matter in an Iranian ballistic missile attack. Therefore Washington wouldn’t want to risk Israel’s security by provoking Turkey any further.

The US hesitation to slap sanctions on Turkey after the S400 hardware began to touch down in Ankara last week coincides with the Turkish foreign minister’s threat that such a move would result in closing both Incirlik and Kurecik.

Should Turkey be kicked out of NATO?

Turkey would close Kurecik, Incirlik.
Send 3.6 million Syrian refugees to EU.
Close Bosphorus access to the Black Sea for NATO ships.
Seek alliance with China, Russia.
Work together with Iran and Russia to evict the USA from the Middle East.

Good luck, maybe you should take the PKK to Texas and and declare it as their new state.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back