*Turkey Next Shit Hole To Go Up In Puff Of Smoke*

Did you not look at the photo you posted--of the protest? Did you not notice all the women in that photo? Not covering their heads. Not wearing the abya? Short sleves, shorts, etc.? Happen to notice that at all? Does it not suggest to you that not all Muslim women cover? :cuckoo:

Yes, that's true - most women in Turkey do not wear the veil.

I wonder why Circe thought they did?

Conservative Turkish women cover their heads with a scarf and wear long skirts. They do not wear the abaya or the burka: that's a cultural thing in the ME.

Sorry bout that,

1. Islam and those who follow it are unruly people, they will always be barbarians, evil, murderers, full of hate.
2. Goodbye Turkey!
3. You will not be missed.:eusa_hand:
4. You will follow those other hell hole nations, too numerous to list.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you ever even travel outside the country, much less Texas? :eusa_eh: Mexico doesn't count because Texas is a suburb of Mexico. Look at my siggie tard boi

Last edited:
Circe -

So, if you're all for open communication, ARE you a paid Muslim propagandist, and IS Esmeralda a Muslim woman with a head thingie she has to wear all the time???

Answer, answer, answer, answer.

Fairly obviously - I am not a Muslim. I am actually an ex-Israeli resident, as it happens. There are pics of me on the members' photo's thread if you wish to check.

How much time have you spent in Turkey and the Islamic World, and where?

So..............you are an Israeli Arab, or a Palestinian. (You can't possibly be a Jew, with those opinions, surely? I suppose some Jews are very anti-Jewish, but surely not too many, one hopes, for their sake.) Well, sounds to me like you're a Muslim. I don't see what else you could be if you are from Israel and if you aren't Jewish. You say it is "fairly obvious" you aren't a Muslim ----- actually, the opposite is true. It's difficult to see what else you could be, given your posting and what you say is your history.

It's hard to make you out for sure, but I don't think you are a paid propagandist like Saigon, too emotional for someone to pay for this posting, I would think. I have a lot of experience with the paid foreign propagandists (there are many that seek out these American forums, from wherever developed enough to have computers that we are at war or enmity with, to promote anti-American propaganda). I know they get paid by number of posts and number of replies and I don't want to be part of Saigon's pay packet, so I guess I'll go garden. You two have mostly deteriorated into simple abuse posts by now, so it's not very interesting anyway.

Did you not look at the photo you posted--of the protest? Did you not notice all the women in that photo? Not covering their heads. Not wearing the abya? Short sleves, shorts, etc.? Happen to notice that at all? Does it not suggest to you that not all Muslim women cover? :cuckoo:

Yes, that's true - most women in Turkey do not wear the veil.

I wonder why Circe thought they did?

True --- Turkey was the free-est place in Muslimland.

As soon as the rightists get this revolution under their control, they'll get those women whipped into shape again, like everywhere else in Sandland.

Circe -

True --- Turkey was the free-est place in Muslimland.

I can think of a half-dozen Islamic countries where women generally do not wear the veil.

How is it that you do not know this?

You say it is "fairly obvious" you aren't a Muslim ----- actually, the opposite is true. It's difficult to see what else you could be, given your posting and what you say is your history.

It's completely obvious, but your level of knowledge about Islam is simply too poor for you to understand why.

I am not Muslim, not Arabic, not Palestinian. There are pics of me on the site. I am not paid to post here - again, that's obvious.That's about all I have to say on that topic.

Last edited:
the people are happy with their secular government and want to keep it that way.

I don't know, Pogo..............they sure don't LOOK happy with their government.

Widespread rioting is sort of how you tell people aren't happy with their government.

20130605_6815376920130605070454.jpg

There's always a clue in a wingnut's post that he/she is clueless about what they are commenting on. :lol:

Turks are happy with their secular government, created by Mustapha Kemal Ataturk in 1921, which has survived numerous attempts by Islamists to change the country into another Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Sometimes, it's been via a military coup, as the military is sworn to uphold Ataturk's vision of a secular, Westernized Türkiye.

Turks are not happy with the PRESENT government, which is trying, once again, to make the country more Islamic, less secular.

The President, Abdullah Gul, set off a HUGE controversy a few years ago in Türkiye because he allowed his wife to wear a scarf in public. THAT'S how much Turks value their secularism.

It looks like the secularists in Turkey will be getting the same kind of treatment they got in Egypt.

It's unbelievable.... the whole region is falling like a house of cards... :(

So Secularists are protesting against an Islamist government, and you guys see that as a bad thing?

No winning with you, is there?
They really are clueless, aren't they? :lol:

What is so absolutely amazing is that they keep posting and posting and posting, despite the fact they are totally clueless and it has been shown over and over again that they are. People who have lived in Turkey and spent time there, who know the political situation, the culture, etc., explain the realities and these 'wingnuts' absolutely refuse to acknowledge or give a nod to any 'truth' but their own, which is grounded in nothing but fantasy.:cuckoo:

'Half of human history': I used a rhetorical device known as hyperbole. To make a point. Get it?????

Or we could call it lying, propaganda, puffing, extreme nationalism in favor of Muslims, etc.

Why wouldn't we call what you are doing here lying?

I can think of 10 -20 major historical sites in Turkey which all attract a million visitors...why do you deny their importance?

Have you been to the Blue Mosque, the Aga Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Capadoccia, Bergama or Mt Nemrut? How about Lake Van, Safranbolu or the beaches at Fethiye?

btw. How much time have you spent in Turkey, and where?

btw. Can you please acknolwegde your factual errors as they are pointed out? I guess you have been proven wrong a dozen or so time on this thread, but seem to simply run away from those points.

Personally, I have been to every part of Türkiye except for Izmir and as far east as Diyarbakir and Erzurum.

There are unbelievably important historical areas. Tarsus is the scene of the first meeting between Mark Antony and Cleopatra, and where Paul the Apostle was born.

You need to be institutionalized so someone can figure out what the hell happened to your brain. It seems to be MIA.

You are a Muslim woman, aren't you? Do you have to wear one of those horrible head things? Or do you say you "want" to wear the head stuff?

LOL I was baptized when I was four, as a Baptist, so, no matter what I do, I get to go to heaven! Yippee!:tongue:

I don't practice any religion.

You beat me to it! :clap2:

Personally, I have been to every part of Türkiye except for Izmir and as far east as Diyarbakir and Erzurum.

There are unbelievably important historical areas. Tarsus is the scene of the first meeting between Mark Antony and Cleopatra, and where Paul the Apostle was born.

Wow! That's impressive!

My favourite place in Turkey is Mt Nemrut:

images

Diyabakir isn't a particularly appealing place, but near there Sanli Urfa is gorgeous. Izmir is too touristy for my taste, and probably for yours too, by the sound of it!

Wow! That's impressive!

images

I never got there. Looks cool.

Diyabakir isn't a particularly appealing place, but near there Sanli Urfa is gorgeous. Izmir is too touristy for my taste, and probably for yours too, by the sound of it!

You ain't kidding! I felt very unsafe walking through those streets. It's mostly Kurds, and I was there during (one of) the heights of PKK activity, in the first half of the 1990s.

Izmir is touristy but I would have loved to see the beaches.

A beautiful place is Sinop, on the Black Sea. Not much to do there, but it is picturesque.

Wow! That's impressive!

images

I never got there. Looks cool.

You ain't kidding! I felt very unsafe walking through those streets. It's mostly Kurds, and I was there during (one of) the heights of PKK activity, in the first half of the 1990s.

Izmir is touristy but I would have loved to see the beaches.

A beautiful place is Sinop, on the Black Sea. Not much to do there, but it is picturesque.

I wouldn't call Izmir touristy. I lived there for 2 years because that is where the job was. Most tourists bypass Izmir because it has no historic or cultural places of any interest. However, as just an ordinary place to live, it is quite nice. It is on the Aegean Sea. From Izmir, you can travel up and down the coast to some the resort areas and historic sites, like Ephesus and Pergamum. There are also less well known places you can see on a day trip from Izmir. Living in Izmir is much like living in Europe, and the climate is one of the best in the world. The beaches and seaside villages south of Izmir are very nice; those less well known are much less touristy, but also a bit more unpolished. As you go along the coast, one town after another has ferry services to Greek Islands, so living in Izmir also meant doing a lot of traveling in the Greek islands. And, as you have noted, the interior and Eastern Turkey have a lot to offer. I don't have any interest in the Kurdish region, but the Aegean/Mediterranean region, the interior, the Black Sea area, Bursa, Istanbul, and Ankara are all worth seeing. I would rather live in Izmir than Istanbul because Izmir is on the sea and has better climate. Also, Istanbul has 13 million people and very bad traffic problems. Also would not want to live inland in Ankara or Bursa due to climate and being away from the sea.

Last edited:
Circe -

So, if you're all for open communication, ARE you a paid Muslim propagandist, and IS Esmeralda a Muslim woman with a head thingie she has to wear all the time???

Answer, answer, answer, answer.

Fairly obviously - I am not a Muslim. I am actually an ex-Israeli resident, as it happens. There are pics of me on the members' photo's thread if you wish to check.

How much time have you spent in Turkey and the Islamic World, and where?

So..............you are an Israeli Arab, or a Palestinian. (You can't possibly be a Jew, with those opinions, surely? I suppose some Jews are very anti-Jewish, but surely not too many, one hopes, for their sake.) Well, sounds to me like you're a Muslim. I don't see what else you could be if you are from Israel and if you aren't Jewish. You say it is "fairly obvious" you aren't a Muslim ----- actually, the opposite is true. It's difficult to see what else you could be, given your posting and what you say is your history.

Uh-oh, I think you caught a case of 'Fucking Stupid' from ol' S.J....

Turkey is full of history. Istanbul is awesome.

I agree, Istanbul is full of history both good and bad. I don't think Turkey is in any danger of falling to another 'Arab Spring' up raising any time soon.
The country is a secular country with no official state religion, although the dominant religion is Islam but its not practiced like it is in nutty Muslim countries and the governing body is total secular. Western culture is too strong a force to allow themselves to stray from the good life to a life dominated by the religious nuts of Islam.
Most of the area around Istanbul is a mix of Christianity and Islamic, only in the out line areas is Islam a stronger force.

the people are happy with their secular government and want to keep it that way.

I don't know, Pogo..............they sure don't LOOK happy with their government.

Widespread rioting is sort of how you tell people aren't happy with their government.

20130605_6815376920130605070454.jpg

There's always a clue in a wingnut's post that he/she is clueless about what they are commenting on. :lol:

Turks are happy with their secular government, created by Mustapha Kemal Ataturk in 1921, which has survived numerous attempts by Islamists to change the country into another Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Sometimes, it's been via a military coup, as the military is sworn to uphold Ataturk's vision of a secular, Westernized Türkiye.

Turks are not happy with the PRESENT government, which is trying, once again, to make the country more Islamic, less secular.

The President, Abdullah Gul, set off a HUGE controversy a few years ago in Türkiye because he allowed his wife to wear a scarf in public. THAT'S how much Turks value their secularism.
I have no idea where anything you said contradicts anything she said. Even more bizarre is your wingnut statement in context.

You are an incredibly insipid hack, but then we already knew that.

Forum List

Back