Turning tragedy into politics. They can't help themselves.

What a sad day in Cincinnati, Ohio where a shooter left three dead and several more injured before the police killed him. What's even sadder is the comment by the lib Mayor John Cranley.

Even though the McCain funeral (which turned out to be a Donald Trump roast) was a few days earlier and heavily criticized for it's politics, it didn't stop Mayor Cranley from using death to promote his liberal agenda before the bodies were even cold.

"It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

No compliments to their police department, no condolences to the families of the victims, just the usual anti-gun message to the country.

People on the right have always jokingly said liberalism is a mental disease, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just a joke anymore.

Cincinnati police say four dead, including gunman, after downtown shooting
Turning tragedy to politics? Mollie Tibbetts ring a bell?

Yes it does. The Republicans wanted her story to get out to help stop terrible things like that happening to another AMERICAN!

The left's only goal is to disarm good people so the bad people have the upper hand. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.

No, Republicans wanted that story out to push Trump's agenda.
Where's the Republicans ire about 300 Catholic priests molesting over 1000 kids?
Nothing...crickets.

The Republicans are the ones calling out the pope, it is left wingers who are defending this pope, you moron.

Wrong again, as usual.

Look up Josh Shapiro, idiot.

"""The 18-month investigation covered six of the state’s dioceses — Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton — and follows other state grand jury reports that revealed abuse and coverups in two other dioceses. The grand jury reviewed more than 2 million documents, including from the “secret archives” — what church leaders referred to the reports of abuse they hid from public for decades, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro said at a news conference Tuesday."""

still didn't answer the question.

Yes it does. The Republicans wanted her story to get out to help stop terrible things like that happening to another AMERICAN!

The left's only goal is to disarm good people so the bad people have the upper hand. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats.
Ah. So it is ok to turn tragedy into politics if it is YOUR side.

How is wanting to stop illegals from coming here and committing crime against Americans political? If that's political, then the left is involved too, because they want as many of those illegals here as possible killers or not.

Ah. So it is ok to turn tragedy into politics if it is YOUR side.

How is wanting to stop illegals from coming here and committing crime against Americans political? If that's political, then the left is involved too, because they want as many of those illegals here as possible killers or not.
It is a political issue dude, one could just as easily ask how is protesting gun violence a political issue?

Fine with me. But protest the violence, not the gun. No firearm ever committed an act of violence by itself.

I own firearms that were used in the Nazi invasion of other countries, as well as firearms that were used by Communists to murder innocent people. And during the years that I've owned them, not a single on has ever shot anyone.

This Mayor slightly protested the violence, but his main message was about the guns. Liberals are tricky like that.

By "tricky" do you mean dishonest lying filthy pond scum?

What a sad day in Cincinnati, Ohio where a shooter left three dead and several more injured before the police killed him. What's even sadder is the comment by the lib Mayor John Cranley.

Even though the McCain funeral (which turned out to be a Donald Trump roast) was a few days earlier and heavily criticized for it's politics, it didn't stop Mayor Cranley from using death to promote his liberal agenda before the bodies were even cold.

"It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

No compliments to their police department, no condolences to the families of the victims, just the usual anti-gun message to the country.

People on the right have always jokingly said liberalism is a mental disease, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just a joke anymore.

Uhhhmmmmm yyyyyyyeah. So decrying the "level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis" is 'anti-gun'.

So you're saying Almighty Gun is the very reason for this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

I said that? My memory must be getting shorter.

The memory is the second thing to go yanno. I can't remember what the first is.

Above you posted this mayor's comments: "It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

That's the entire commentary you posted.

Then you described the above specifically as an "anti-gun message".

ERGO you must believe that "gun" is synonymous with an abnormal, sick level of multiple shootings on a regular basis. Your own words.

Not saying I disagree, just noting that that's what you're saying.

Do carry on.

Where's the Republicans ire about 300 Catholic priests molesting over 1000 kids?
Nothing...crickets.

The Republicans are the ones calling out the pope, it is left wingers who are defending this pope, you moron.

Wrong again, as usual.

"""The 18-month investigation covered six of the state’s dioceses — Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton — and follows other state grand jury reports that revealed abuse and coverups in two other dioceses. The grand jury reviewed more than 2 million documents, including from the “secret archives” — what church leaders referred to the reports of abuse they hid from public for decades, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro said at a news conference Tuesday."""

Here you go, moron....

Ben Shapiro: Why in the name of God is the media protecting Pope Francis? | Opinion

nstead, mainstream media outlets went out of their way to portray Vigano as a disgruntled conservative angry at Pope Francis’ progressive interpretation of Catholic doctrine. The New York Times headlined, “Vatican Power Struggle Bursts Into Open as Conservatives Pounce.” Their print headline was even worse: “Francis Takes High Road As Conservatives Pounce, Taking Criticisms Public.”

Yes, according to the Times, the story wasn’t the sitting Pope being credibly accused of a sexual abuse cover-up—it was conservatives attacking him for it. The problem of child molestation and sexual abuse of clergy took a back seat to Francis’ leftist politics, as the Times piece made clear in its first paragraph: “Since the start of his papacy, Francis has infuriated Catholic traditionalists as he tries to nurture a more welcoming church and shift it away from culture war issues, whether abortion or homosexuality. ‘Who am I to judge?’ the pope famously said, when asked about gay priests. Just how angry his political and doctrinal enemies are became clear this weekend…”

It wasn’t just the Times. On Wednesday, Reuters headlined, “Defenders rally around pope, fear conservatives escalating war.” On Thursday, Reuters doubled down with this headline: “Conservative media move to front line of battle to undermine Pope Francis.” The Telegraph(U.K.) reported, “Vatican analysts say the attack appears to be part of a concerted effort by conservatives to oust Pope Francis, who they dislike for his relatively liberal views…”

Wasn't done before the body was cold. But that's irrelevant to your propaganda, eh?

My greatest fear right now is that this new Supreme Court Justice will ban abortion while at the same time, reverse all the gun laws.

Then there will be nothing but babies everywhere. And guns!!!

AND BABIES WITH GUNS!!!!!! :ack-1::shok::surprised1:
Crew served weapons are the best for young children. There is no way a baby can handle a firearm at least wait until they have some motor control I was 5 before I got my first real firearm.

No one gives a shit anymore about mass shootings.
The Republicans and the NRA have made them irrelevant.
They have made human life irrelevant.
It's more important for every fucking idiot in this country to own a gun than it is to save a single life.
But by god they will fight you to the death to save an embryo from abortion.

Actually, nobody gives a shit about them because they realize they can't do anything about them.

Name one effective piece of firearms legislation passed during the entire Obama Presidency.

You mean with the Republican congress that took over in 2010?
If Sandy Hook wasn't enough to make this country do something about background checks, which 90% of Americans support, but the NRA doesn't want, then nothing will.
NRA owns the GOP. Fact.

The dude at Sandy Hook killed his mother and took her guns, how do you background check that kind of transaction? You're just not very smart are ya?

Well, other countries have car attacks, acid attacks, hand grenade attacks and machete attacks. So we're right up there with normal.

You're comparing the U.S. with a banana republic?
Finally you're being honest here about your ignorance.
That's the kind of country people like you want to live in.
"Machete attacks"....my ass.

When did Britain and France become banana republics?

Wasn't done before the body was cold. But that's irrelevant to your propaganda, eh?

Let’s see....as soon as the killer was id’d...politization began....yup...it’s the same old rightwing double standard eh? Thanks for providing such a stellar example.

Nothing...crickets.

Reverting to deflection already? It's a little early in the thread for that, isn't it?

Uhhhmmmmm yyyyyyyeah. So decrying the "level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis" is 'anti-gun'.

So you're saying Almighty Gun is the very reason for this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

Above you posted this mayor's comments: "It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

ERGO you must believe that "gun" is synonymous with an abnormal, sick level of multiple shootings on a regular basis. Your own words.

Do carry on.

You on the left love to think you can read minds, don't cha?

The topic was because of his comment more than about guns. It's like the left can't wait for another sad thing to happen to promote their agenda.

I understand he is against guns; he's a Democrat. What other opinion would he have? Democrats all think alike.

But it's the timing of it all that bothers me. It's not like this Mayor gets national attention every week or month. This was his one time to show some intelligence, and instead, he did what every other Democrat has done about mass shootings in the past.

Let’s see....as soon as the killer was id’d...politization began....yup...it’s the same old rightwing double standard eh? Thanks for providing such a stellar example.

No the polarization already existed, criminal aliens are wreaking havoc all over this country, he's just one of the latest killers. They just arrested 3 MS13 gang members here in Houston for murder. Hopefully those 3 will die an agonizing death in a TX prison, at the hands of other gang bangers, before they get the needle.

No the polarization already existed, criminal aliens are wreaking havoc all over this country, he's just one of the latest killers. They just arrested 3 MS13 gang members here in Houston for murder. Hopefully those 3 will die an agonizing death in a TX prison, at the hands of other gang bangers, before they get the needle.

And to her point: how many Angel families have been used for the rights (as she calls it) political agenda? How many mass murders have been used by Democrats for the same?

The only two I can think of off hand is Mollie and Kate. Other than that, the dozens if not hundreds of other families and victims were never touched.

And to her point: how many Angel families have been used for the rights (as she calls it) political agenda? How many mass murders have been used by Democrats for the same?

The only two I can think of off hand is Mollie and Kate. Other than that, the dozens if not hundreds of other families and victims were never touched.
They all do it you know. That is why it is so ludicrous when you seem to think only one side does.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

Do carry on.

The topic was because of his comment more than about guns. It's like the left can't wait for another sad thing to happen to promote their agenda.

I understand he is against guns; he's a Democrat. What other opinion would he have? Democrats all think alike.

But it's the timing of it all that bothers me. It's not like this Mayor gets national attention every week or month. This was his one time to show some intelligence, and instead, he did what every other Democrat has done about mass shootings in the past.

Reading minds?

They all do it you know. That is why it is so ludicrous when you seem to think only one side does.

First off, I never considered protecting Americans as a political agenda. One would think that would be the agenda of any American regardless of political affiliation. Secondly, as I pointed out, the left does this all the time when any mass shooting happens; unless the shooter was a leftist himself.

Gun control on the other hand is more political because we on the right believe it would be a huge mistake and cost more lives, while you on the left simply want to remove control and power from the people. That's what I call political.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

Do carry on.

Reading minds?

You don't need to read minds to read stories. All you really need to do is understand them.

First off, I never considered protecting Americans as a political agenda. One would think that would be the agenda of any American regardless of political affiliation. Secondly, as I pointed out, the left does this all the time when any mass shooting happens; unless the shooter was a leftist himself.

Gun control on the other hand is more political because we on the right believe it would be a huge mistake and cost more lives, while you on the left simply want to remove control and power from the people. That's what I call political.
Gun control is also about protecting Americans.

I suppose how you view each of these depends on what side of the political spectrum you reside in.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

Do carry on.

Reading minds?

You don't need to read minds to read stories. All you really need to do is understand them.
Few do.

Nothing...crickets.

Wrong again, as usual.

Here you go, moron....

Ben Shapiro: Why in the name of God is the media protecting Pope Francis? | Opinion

nstead, mainstream media outlets went out of their way to portray Vigano as a disgruntled conservative angry at Pope Francis’ progressive interpretation of Catholic doctrine. The New York Times headlined, “Vatican Power Struggle Bursts Into Open as Conservatives Pounce.” Their print headline was even worse: “Francis Takes High Road As Conservatives Pounce, Taking Criticisms Public.”

Yes, according to the Times, the story wasn’t the sitting Pope being credibly accused of a sexual abuse cover-up—it was conservatives attacking him for it. The problem of child molestation and sexual abuse of clergy took a back seat to Francis’ leftist politics, as the Times piece made clear in its first paragraph: “Since the start of his papacy, Francis has infuriated Catholic traditionalists as he tries to nurture a more welcoming church and shift it away from culture war issues, whether abortion or homosexuality. ‘Who am I to judge?’ the pope famously said, when asked about gay priests. Just how angry his political and doctrinal enemies are became clear this weekend…”

It wasn’t just the Times. On Wednesday, Reuters headlined, “Defenders rally around pope, fear conservatives escalating war.” On Thursday, Reuters doubled down with this headline: “Conservative media move to front line of battle to undermine Pope Francis.” The Telegraph(U.K.) reported, “Vatican analysts say the attack appears to be part of a concerted effort by conservatives to oust Pope Francis, who they dislike for his relatively liberal views…”

This thread is not about the Catholic church scandal. Please get back on topic

Forum List

Back