Twitter and Facebook Execs Should be Indicted for Interfering in a US Election

Twitter and Facebook Execs Should be Indicted for Interfering in a US Election

• Total voters
No article here. I just want to start a discussion on the subject.

last i checked they're run by americans.....?

It's not illegal lol
It actually is. They are protected from lawsuits for being "common carriers" but they are acting as publishers.

The bottom line: current management of these platforms is done for.

It's not illegal lol
It actually is. They are protected from lawsuits for being "common carriers" but they are acting as publishers.

You'd break the whoel internet and our GDP would crash.....

Regulating it doesn't make any sense, they can all just leave and do whatever they want overseas

We are the nation who is most entwined with the internet, crushing one of our strongest industries makes very little sense.

It's not illegal lol

Regulating it doesn't make any sense, they can all just leave and do whatever they want overseas

We are the nation who is most entwined with the internet, crushing one of our strongest industries makes very little sense.
Where would they go? Most foreign countries have censorship of one kind or another. Canada has censorship.

Making Twitter, Google and Facebook observe the First Amendment wouldn't crush anything. It would probably help them.

It's not illegal lol

Where would they go? Most foreign countries have censorship of one kind or another. Canada has censorship.

Making Twitter, Google and Facebook observe the First Amendment wouldn't crush anything. It would probably help them.

They have billions of dollars and armies of lawyers, they'd figure it out

torrent sites figure it out

i suspect european countries would bid via regulation exemptions to start it off. A country like sweden seems like an obvious choice, not technically part of the EU more room tno maneuver, good track record with tech. If i felt like the feds were coming after me and i was CEO of most of these tech giants, that's the first place i woudl run with my business

Could also just buy and island and make your own country.

It is starting to look like the possibility that last week's Trump tax return reports may have been a set-up by Trump operatives to do this to the social media entities.

Forum List

Back