Two cats at the back door

PICTURES OF THEM:

(yes, i KNOW my deck needs restaining)

PA255618.JPG

PA255619.JPG

PA255623.JPG

yup, they look like they expect to be let in, and are most probably house cats mainly....

this is hard. I don't have any magic to share. you appear to be in a semi rural area(?), maybe post a found cats posters in town etc...? ask some neighbors? if you feed them, they will never go....:sad:..

You need to ask your local authorities for a live trap and take em to a no kill shelter if you don't have your own. That's the only sure way to get rid of them without being emotionally blackmailed to take em in. If they can be rehabbed into house capable cats, they will be adopted out.

a woman that the hubby works with is going to take them, after we get them fixed.

The no kill shelter is going to help pay for them to get fixed.

the only problem is that we are falling in love with these handsome boys.....they are so different than the two girl kitties we have, and adorable together....they clean eachother and sleep wrapped around eachother, and the runt sucks on the bigger brothers ear like it is a mother's nipple giving milk, to go to sleep, or at least until the elder boy pushes the runt away....

excellent glad it worked out.......but, now you're gonna miss them...:lol:

You need to ask your local authorities for a live trap and take em to a no kill shelter if you don't have your own. That's the only sure way to get rid of them without being emotionally blackmailed to take em in. If they can be rehabbed into house capable cats, they will be adopted out.

a woman that the hubby works with is going to take them, after we get them fixed.

The no kill shelter is going to help pay for them to get fixed.

the only problem is that we are falling in love with these handsome boys.....they are so different than the two girl kitties we have, and adorable together....they clean eachother and sleep wrapped around eachother, and the runt sucks on the bigger brothers ear like it is a mother's nipple giving milk, to go to sleep, or at least until the elder boy pushes the runt away....
Oh noes! Tehy hav yoozed dere brain meltings on u! ;)

db540391-f791-4312-b4a2-a9693bf60b96.jpg

;)

I KNOW! these little buggers got us both wrapped around their little claws!

ALL that I did not want, is taking place.

Only keep them if you will let them inside

They are inside tm, we set up home for them upstairs and have the two girl kitties that we own, downstairs....but they are pushing their way in to the downstairs area....there is a door inbetween but every time i try to go upstairs they push through and get in to the downstairs living area with my other two cats....some screaming and yelling by my elder cat and some slight fur flying from swatting that took place, but the elder cat seemed to settle down....the alpha cat, Brodey, just sat there for 2 hours without moving, trying to stare my elder cat down....my elder cat was cat growling the whole time but the last half an hour, she ended up just turning her head and then falling asleep in her bed, with the male cat still in here....

She handled it much better than I thought she would.....she nearly KILLED Casey, the girl stray we took in last year....and it took the year, before they actually came to just 'tolerate' each other. Now, my elder cat and Casey are getting along like best buddies, it is the two girls against the two newbie boys....

miracles happen!

They are inside tm, we set up home for them upstairs and have the two girl kitties that we own, downstairs....but they are pushing their way in to the downstairs area....there is a door inbetween but every time i try to go upstairs they push through and get in to the downstairs living area with my other two cats....some screaming and yelling by my elder cat and some slight fur flying from swatting that took place, but the elder cat seemed to settle down....the alpha cat, Brodey, just sat there for 2 hours without moving, trying to stare my elder cat down....my elder cat was cat growling the whole time but the last half an hour, she ended up just turning her head and then falling asleep in her bed, with the male cat still in here....

She handled it much better than I thought she would.....she nearly KILLED Casey, the girl stray we took in last year....and it took the year, before they actually came to just 'tolerate' each other. Now, my elder cat and Casey are getting along like best buddies, it is the two girls against the two newbie boys....

miracles happen!

Care, you named the stray boy cats? :lol: :lol: Congrats, you now have four cats!

miracles happen!

Care, you named the stray boy cats? :lol: :lol: Congrats, you now have four cats!

Yes, we named them.:redface::redface:

Brodey is the bigger brother, the alpha

and

Hooper is the runt. (all over striped one)

Just take them in and be the pack leader and insist they get along, take them to town when you go and ask arround for their owner and tell their story to anyone who will listen and someone will adopt them.

I have never done this with cats but I have done it plenty of times with dogs.
Cats don't recognize "pack leaders" and most definitely, not any human one.

Just take them in and be the pack leader and insist they get along, take them to town when you go and ask arround for their owner and tell their story to anyone who will listen and someone will adopt them.

They damn well know who has the food.

They damn well know who has the food.
And they don't really care about that either, push come to shove.

Only because you dont require it of them.

Cats can be trained.

Its just not as easy as training a dog

miracles happen!

and

:clap2: A happy ending! :banana::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo:

I would give you 'keeping the kitties' rep but I am out.... thanks to Gunny and his stupid rep rules! :lol:

miracles happen!

That it GREAT Care.

I bet the matriarch accepts them very quickly because she has aready learned to accept another cat.

Fun times ahead for you and all your kitties.

You can always still find homes for them if needed later.

I have known people who fostered dogs for years and then still found them new homes.

I myself have never gone more than a week looking for homes for my take ins.

How to Train Your Cat | eHow.com

Its a different way you teach cats than dogs.

Cats dont really see you as the alpha like a dog does but you being the pack leader is still what it takes.

You take charge and alter their behavior.
You're such a fucking moron, really.

The ability to train a cat has nothing at all to do with a pack mentality. Cats do not have that at all.

You're talking with a fella who has had cats all his life, has taught them to play fetch, not scratch furniture, to guard, you name it -- I even taught one to use the toilet and FLUSH when finished. The only thing you have to have to train a cat is, its trust. If it doesn't trust you, you will get nothing at all out of him/her.

They don't give a rat's ass who has the food, they don't care who thinks they're the "pack leader," they patently think for themselves.

This is why mindless dolts such as yourself don't understand them, couldn't train them no matter how hard you tried, because they don't follow the "leader" and don't have a herd or pack mentality like you and dogs have.

miracles happen!

and

Ha! I knew it! I saw the name Brody and thought hmmm, Jaws. Hooper and Brody. Now you just need a Quint!

Forum List

Back