Two Examples of Why Trumps Wall Can Work, Be Built Quickly and Cheaply

Apparently the OP has not seen the actual terrain for most of the length of the wall, at least in California. I have. And it's a friggin' nightmare from an engineering standpoint. And as is the custom of illegals, within hours of the first expensive mile of this wall going up, they will be started on 5 or six tunnels underneath it. In fact, they can nickname the wall "the warren" for all the rabbit holes that will undercut its foundation..

It's bullshit. Trump is spewing complete fabrication. I suggest a field trip for any and all Trumpsters to the actual location of the wall between Mex and Cali. Texas may be different but Cali will be the weak point.

496540.jpg

They build roads in worse terrain.

Apparently the OP has not seen the actual terrain for most of the length of the wall, at least in California. I have. And it's a friggin' nightmare from an engineering standpoint. And as is the custom of illegals, within hours of the first expensive mile of this wall going up, they will be started on 5 or six tunnels underneath it. In fact, they can nickname the wall "the warren" for all the rabbit holes that will undercut its foundation..

It's bullshit. Trump is spewing complete fabrication. I suggest a field trip for any and all Trumpsters to the actual location of the wall between Mex and Cali. Texas may be different but Cali will be the weak point.

496540.jpg

496540.jpg

I'm a construction worker...........the pictures she shows aren't jack squat........when do they need it finished.........that is the only question to whether a wall could be built there...............Get R Done..

Trump isn't saying a 100% wall anyway.........He's already stated that there are Natural Barriers in place..........like much of the Rio Grande........so the statement made about having to build 100% of it are BS.............

The video I posted...........he's saying that.

They built over 600 miles of wall already....................through this tough territory..........Lion's, Tigers and Bears..............some of the remaining areas have virtual walls..........ALREADY..................Problem..............they didn't put the manpower needed to maintain it.......................................

Without people manning the walls..............a Wall is useless...........

496540.jpg

I am only a software engineer, and I can tell that a system of chain link fences with concertina wire and guard towers could easily be built to cover this terrain.

You really should stop believing everything the media tells you. For Christ's Sake, Even the teensy tiny little nation of HUNGARY was able to put a wall up over night, so I am sure the mighty superpower USA could do it too.

roflmao, where do they find these people?

496540.jpg

I'm a construction worker...........the pictures she shows aren't jack squat........when do they need it finished.........that is the only question to whether a wall could be built there...............Get R Done..

Trump isn't saying a 100% wall anyway.........He's already stated that there are Natural Barriers in place..........like much of the Rio Grande........so the statement made about having to build 100% of it are BS.............

Yeah, I am from Texas and most of the Big bend area is impassable already.

496540.jpg

I am only a software engineer, and I can tell that a system of chain link fences with concertina wire and guard towers could easily be built to cover this terrain.

You really should stop believing everything the media tells you. For Christ's Sake, Even the teensy tiny little nation of HUNGARY was able to put a wall up over night, so I am sure the mighty superpower USA could do it too.

roflmao, where do they find these people?
:dunno:

496540.jpg

Yeah, I am from Texas and most of the Big bend area is impassable already.

Crossing these borders is not easy than what everybody think. Some of these illegals goes back to attend important occasions like funeral or wedding but were not able to come back.
In fact the number of illegals crossing our borders are way way down. That is if you exclude the unaccompanied children from CA countries.

Why border crossings are down but deaths are up in brutal Arizona desert

Without manpower to guard it.....any wall can be overcome..................

The only reason our border isn't closed now is because the establishment doesn't want it closed..........

It would cost them money/profit to enforce the law. This is not just Obama's doing as the GOP Establishment is complicit by silence.

Both parties were too busy counting their money while America burned.

They work hard enough to provide for themselves. Including a place to live.

They can do that in mexico.
This is really to all of the posters who keep calling all the immigrants Mexican: MOST OF THE ILLEGALS ARE COMING FROM CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA. The Mexicans have already come and settled in. I agree the Mexicans could do more to stop them, since they very openly trek across the country and hang out in border towns waiting to get smuggled across, but Mexico (understandably) doesn't want to deal with these people either, so they close their eyes and let them continue their journey. At least that's my guess. But stop imagining that all the illegal immigrants are from Mexico. A lot of them aren't even Hispanic--they're Asian.

Who the fuck ever said they all come from mexico?
And before opening your yap you should use the Google.
62% of illegals come from mexico.
So 40% don't, you cranky old bastard. Shut your yap back.

That's 38%.....
Excellent math skills. You get a star for the day.

Let em stay.

At your house?

This is really to all of the posters who keep calling all the immigrants Mexican: MOST OF THE ILLEGALS ARE COMING FROM CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA. The Mexicans have already come and settled in. I agree the Mexicans could do more to stop them, since they very openly trek across the country and hang out in border towns waiting to get smuggled across, but Mexico (understandably) doesn't want to deal with these people either, so they close their eyes and let them continue their journey. At least that's my guess. But stop imagining that all the illegal immigrants are from Mexico. A lot of them aren't even Hispanic--they're Asian.

Pew Research (as of Nov. 2015) says 49%. Which means....wait for it....I'm right.

It's not a matter of Mexico closing their eyes to illegal immigration to the US. It's simply not their job. We are responsible for securing our boarders just they are responsible for securing theirs. However, that's not to say that Mexico has no interest in doing what it can to discourage illegal immigration to the North. Much of the illegal immigration is tied closely to organized crime, which a huge problem in Mexico.

Contrary to much isolationist propaganda aimed at building walls between the US and Mexico, the growing shortage of farm labor is being felt in Mexico just as in the US. In the future, there will be far less reason for poor Mexican farm workers to cross the boarder for jobs.

In the mid 20th century there was an average 5 children per family in Mexico. Today it's 2.2 and falling. There are less young workers to work the farms which has been the mainstay of farm labor both in the US and Mexico. Farm workers today are an average of 15 years older than they were 50 years ago. They are not only less workers available but they are less able to do the work because of age.

The urbanization of the 20th century in the US is in full swing in Mexico. People are deserting small farms and villages for cities. The result has been larger farmers that must import there workers from the cities.

The middle class which hardly existed 60 years ago in Mexico is growing rapidly. Educational levels and worker skills are increasing along with wages. Today in Mexico, as in the US, fewer workers are seeking farm work and if trends continue, a lot less will be over the next 10 to 15 years.

Last edited:
At your house?

Pew Research (as of Nov. 2015) says 49%. Which means....wait for it....I'm right.

Bet ya really had to dig for that one.....
Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015

Let em stay.

At your house?

It's not a matter of Mexico closing their eyes to illegal immigration to the US. It's simply not their job. We are responsible for securing our boarders just they are responsible for securing theirs. However, that's not to say that Mexico has no interest in doing what it can to discourage illegal immigration to the North. Much of the illegal immigration is tied closely to organized crime, which a huge problem in Mexico.

Contrary to much isolationist propaganda aimed at building walls between the US and Mexico, the growing shortage of farm labor is being felt in Mexico just as in the US. In the future, there will be far less reason for poor Mexican farm workers to cross the boarder for jobs.

In the mid 20th century there was an average 5 children per family in Mexico. Today it's 2.2 and falling. There are less young workers to work the farms which has been the mainstay of farm labor both in the US and Mexico. Farm workers today are an average of 15 years older than they were 50 years ago. They are not only less workers available but they are less able to do the work because of age.

The urbanization of the 20th century in the US is in full swing in Mexico. People are deserting small farms and villages for cities. The result has been larger farmers that must import there workers from the cities.

The middle class which hardly existed 60 years ago in Mexico is growing rapidly. Educational levels and worker skills are increasing along with wages. Today in Mexico, as in the US, fewer workers are seeking farm work and if trends continue, a lot less will be over the next 10 to 15 years.

And that is good news for everyone.

BTW, securing our borders is not isolationism any more than it is for Mexico to secure its borders, but I note how you slam us for it but not them.

Is there anything a liberal wont flagellate the USA for but give a pass to everyone else?

At your house?

BTW, securing our borders is not isolationism any more than it is for Mexico to secure its borders, but I note how you slam us for it but not them.

Is there anything a liberal wont flagellate the USA for but give a pass to everyone else?
Over the last year, Mexico has been doing a good job of stopping illegal immigration from Guatemala. I think this is one of the main reason we've seen the big drop in minors crossing the border.

My reference to isolationism is not about securing the boarder but it's aimed at Trump's statements and proposals such as forcing Mexico to pay for his wall and promises to break NAFTA which would certainly hurt trade with Mexico and most likely set off a trade war.

My reference to isolationism is not about securing the boarder but it's aimed at Trump's statements and proposals such as forcing Mexico to pay for his wall and promises to break NAFTA which would certainly hurt trade with Mexico and most likely set off a trade war.

So building a secure border is Isolationism? I look at all the military bases we have around the world which Trump plans to leave in place and I have to call 'Shenanigans' on that horse manure.

And the Mexicans are manipulating the Peso to make their markets more affordable for export and NAFTA gives us the right to respond with tariffs, so that is not isolationism either, just enforcing the trade treaty.

So are you one of those Hillary Clinton liberals that likes the idea of exporting jobs and entire industries?

At your house?

Fewer workers are seeking farm work is not good either Jim.
1. Who will work on these farms? Are Americans willing to pay higher cost to what we currently paying now? I'm not sure about the rest of you guys but my personal usage of gas average $2,800 a month. So go ahead make those lettuce $4. per head.
2. Means they will seek higher paying jobs..... bad for Americans.
And I agree with floppler the wall is just an isolation.
As I previously said..... Illegal crossing are way way down. And my buddies are getting better with the new technologies. On top of that they are hiring more BP.

Last edited:

So building a secure border is Isolationism? I look at all the military bases we have around the world which Trump plans to leave in place and I have to call 'Shenanigans' on that horse manure.

And the Mexicans are manipulating the Peso to make their markets more affordable for export and NAFTA gives us the right to respond with tariffs, so that is not isolationism either, just enforcing the trade treaty.

So are you one of those Hillary Clinton liberals that likes the idea of exporting jobs and entire industries?

Are you serious? Trump products are made in China. Hillary don't have any manufacturing business here or overseas. Trump hired foreign workers Maralago and Ritz-Carlton resort in Florida. Just to name a few. And Trump claimed he cannot find a waitress, janitors and cook in Florida. What kind of bullshit is that?
Do you have a link where Mexicans are manipulating their currency? China yes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back