CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

Without universal registration, any attempt at requiring checks on private sales is futile.
Sure, I keep hearing that, but do you have anyone other than the NRA, and like minded gun nuts that say that is true?

Sure, I keep hearing that, but do you have anyone other than the NRA, and like minded gun nuts that say that is true?
And yet...nobody, not ONE SINGLE PERSON, has explained how it would work WITHOUT universal registration. You have not, and you will not, because you CANNOT.

And yet...nobody, not ONE SINGLE PERSON, has explained how it would work WITHOUT universal registration. You have not, and you will not, because you CANNOT.
We have background checks for licensed dealers now without universal registration, don't we?.

Not even a fair deflection. Try harder.
You claimed background checks could not work without universal registration. My response, in pointing out we have background checks now without universal registration is not deflection. It's pointing out how stupid your remark was.

You claimed background checks could not work without universal registration. My response, in pointing out we have background checks now without universal registration is not deflection. It's pointing out how stupid your remark was.
So...do you actually think the current system accomplishes anythig useful?

Without universal registration, any attempt at requiring checks on private sales is futile.

The demand for universal background checks is the fig leaf for gun registration...they already know that background checks don't stop criminals or mass shooters...but they need universal background checks as a prerequisite to demand gun registration...

And you understand that federally mandated background checks at gun stores are already logged in........individual sales, however, could only be tracked for background checks with gun registration....you know this and pretend you don't understand what you really want.

That's easy to do.

How will you force a guy selling a rifle to his neighbor to do it?
Now you're back to your silly "how do you make a crook not be a crook" rant. Using your logic, all laws are a waste of time. If dealer background checks are easy, then what additional hard steps have you seen proposed? Gun nuts claim lots of stuff, but you are the only ones whining about universal registration.

Last edited:
Now you're back to your silly "how do you make a crook not be a crook" rant. Using your logic, all laws are a waste of time. If dealer background checks are easy, then what additional hard steps have you seen proposed? Gun nuts claim lots of stuff, but you are the only ones whining about universal registration.
I asked you a simple and extremely relevant question and you refuse to answer it.

And I said nothing about criminals unless you assume that every gun owner is a criminal.

So if you want ALL gun sales and transfers to require a background check how do you propose that be enforced?

It's easy with licensed gun dealers and a simple audit can be used but how do you propose that same level of oversight be applied to individual citizens?

I asked you a simple and extremely relevant question and you refuse to answer it.

And I said nothing about criminals unless you assume that every gun owner is a criminal.

So if you want ALL gun sales and transfers to require a background check how do you propose that be enforced?

It's easy with licensed gun dealers and a simple audit can be used but how do you propose that same level of oversight be applied to individual citizens?

He/she doesn't...they want gun registration and universal background checks is a prerequisite for that demand.

Of course people would be able to ignore the law. Every law we have is ignored by somebody. Nobody said it would be 100% effective, but it would give individual sellers the ability to find out if they are selling a gun to someone not allowed to possess one. I assume you are an ethical gun owner. Wouldn't you want to know if you were selling to a crook? When someone was caught selling to a crook, it would remove the "I didn't know" excuse.

Of course people would be able to ignore the law. Every law we have is ignored by somebody. Nobody said it would be 100% effective, but it would give individual sellers the ability to find out if they are selling a gun to someone not allowed to possess one. I assume you are an ethical gun owner. Wouldn't you want to know if you were selling to a crook? When someone was caught selling to a crook, it would remove the "I didn't know" excuse.

Again....you refuse to answer.....a background check system that does not require gun registration....a system that is also free and available to any citizen at any time....

Do you support this?

We have laws for straw buyers...we already have those laws, and we can arrest not only the straw buyer but also the felon buying the illegal gun.

You know this, you don't care about stopping actual criminals...you want gun registration...that is all you want...

They can already get a background check done....they just have to go to a gun store and pay for it...which is what you want....increase that fee, make the paperwork more complicated, then you can arrest the normal gun owner when they make a mistake.....that would make you really happy....

Again.....a background check system without gun registration....a phone APP, that allows you to do the NICS search as an individual, no fee, no gun registration...do you suppor that?

They can already get a background check done....they just have to go to a gun store and pay for it...which is what you want....increase that fee, make the paperwork more complicated, then you can arrest the normal gun owner when they make a mistake.....that would make you really happy....

Again.....a background check system without gun registration....a phone APP, that allows you to do the NICS search as an individual, no fee, no gun registration...do you suppor that?
So now you're reduced to whining about any possible fees. You seem to have realized all that other crap you have spouted forever is bullshit, but you can't be an adult and admit your mistake, so now you want to switch to whining about fees. We have fees for a wide range of things, so I really don't care either way whether there is one for universal background checks. As far as I'm concerned, any reasonable fees, or lack there of would not be a deal breaker, either way.

So now you're reduced to whining about any possible fees. You seem to have realized all that other crap you have spouted forever is bullshit, but you can't be an adult and admit your mistake, so now you want to switch to whining about fees. We have fees for a wide range of things, so I really don't care either way whether there is one for universal background checks. As far as I'm concerned, any reasonable fees, or lack there of would not be a deal breaker, either way.

Nope.....you want universal background checks because it gives you and the other anti-gunners the prerequisite you need to demand gun registration...which is your true goal.

Fees are also another problem with universal background checks.....another piece of red tape you want to use to annoy and disrupt normal gun owners.

Any fee on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional......Murdoch v Pennsylvania....supreme court decision.

Nope.....you want universal background checks because it gives you and the other anti-gunners the prerequisite you need to demand gun registration...which is your true goal.

Fees are also another problem with universal background checks.....another piece of red tape you want to use to annoy and disrupt normal gun owners.

Any fee on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional......Murdoch v Pennsylvania....supreme court decision.
Your untrue accusations are a personal attack. Tell me more about your problems in the checkout line at Walmart.

Forum List

Back