CDZ Two options...the European model of self defense, and the American model of Self defensse.

Wrong….guns save lives…..Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings and stabbings…that number is from the Center for Disease Control……
That's how many times people claim to have done that. There is no effort to verify it in any way. I suspect it is the result of a small number making multiple claims. Gun nuts like to pretend they are Rambo, and save the day on a regular basis.

Murder is the only crime that is comprable as there has to be a body. If we didnt count our poorest areas we wouldnt have any deaths either So stop pick and choosing to try and make your case. The stats dont lie. Guns make you less safe. Its not even a debate.
So the fact that the UK has twice as many rapes doesn't count for you?

Ans I'm telling you a FACT about the USA that you don;t know.

Your little island is no comparison to the US.

It's not people who own guns legally that are committing 80% of the murders it's the fucking criminals that get their guns ILLEGALLY that are the problem. And we do not enforce our gun laws by design like I said before.

But you people over there are so used to begging for scraps from your king that you you actually have no concept of the idea that you do not take away the rights of people who don't commit crimes because a few people do in fact you have no idea what rights are as you subjects of the crown equate a privilege granted by the king that can be revoked at any time for any reason with an inalienable right.

Because you are so conditioned to believe the crown has your best interests at heart and knows what's best for you poor little serfs you will never understand the American mindset

That's how many times people claim to have done that. There is no effort to verify it in any way. I suspect it is the result of a small number making multiple claims. Gun nuts like to pretend they are Rambo, and save the day on a regular basis.
Bullshit.

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens who would never commit any crime and don;t walk around brandishing their firearms

In Britain and the rest of Europe, their citizens have no Right to protect themselves from violent attack...and the best tool for self defense, guns....has been taken away from most of them, in particular the low income groups.

In the U.S. in most places Americans can opt to use guns for at a minimum home defense, and in a vast majority of the country over 19.4 million Americans can legally carry guns for self defense.

In Britain, in particular.....rapes, brutal beatings, brutal knifings (that result in death or life changing injuries), robberies and murder, essentially have to be endured......and almost any attempt at self defense can land the actual victim in jail and prison.

In the U.S.......Americans can use their legal guns...which they do 1.1 million times a year, to stop rapes, brutal beatings, knifings, robberies and murder.

In our country we had 10,235 gun murders.....of those murders over 70-80% of the victims were criminals murdered by other criminals...they were not normal citizens. Of the rest of the victims, the vast majority are the friends, family and associates of the criminals hit by mistake as the actual criminal was the target.

Guns, again, are used in the U.S. 1.1 million times a year to save lives...from rape, robbery, beatings, knifings and murder.........over 170,000 lives saved by some research..........not to include the crimes stopped that also saved lives....

In the U.K.......victims of crime are majority innocent people......who are preyed upon by the British criminals...

Which model do you prefer?
I'll take the US model, Alex.

Bullshit.

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens who would never commit any crime and don;t walk around brandishing their firearms
I agree. The vast majority of gun owners don't walk around brandishing their firearms, but they do want universal background checks, even for individual sellers. The vast amount of gun owners aren't gun nuts with a Rambo fetish.

Thank you for that clarification but I'm afraid that the BS from that corner is unlimited and we'll have to endure it till the end of time.
So I guess the fact that there are twice as many rapes per capita in the UK doesn;t count because women don't have bodies right?

I agree. The vast majority of gun owners don't walk around brandishing their firearms, but they do want universal background checks, even for individual sellers. The vast amount of gun owners aren't gun nuts with a Rambo fetish.

And as such the vast number of gun owners shouldn't have to pay extra for licenses and permits to exercise a right and that the right to carry a firearm in ALL states should be recognized.

Really? Golly! So, all of those men, women and children who get blown to bits at kindergartens, primary schools, junior high schools, high schools, colleges, universities, post offices, churches, road rages and shopping malls are (sorry .... 'were') gang or drug cartel members? :disbelief:Hmmm, you learn something new every day!.
less than 1% of all murders

You said it yourself. Ladders and staircases shot from guns.
I said launched by ICBMs actually. ICBMs are not guns.

But the fact that a large enough gun could launch a ladder or a staircase is in no way an argument as to how dangerous guns are.

How many times do you want him to do it before you acknowledge it?
He is welcome to provide as much evidence as he wants, but a journey starts with a step. Let's worry about the first time before we worry about the second.

Yes, often lacking confidence in a certain appendage.
I realize that the gun control movement has no facts to support their position, but childish insults are still a poor substitute for factual arguments.

I said launched by ICBMs actually. ICBMs are not guns.
You said ladders and staircases were just as dangerous as guns. I forced your bluff so you had to admit those are dangerous only if they are projected by a rocket which is the same as a gun.

You said ladders and staircases were just as dangerous as guns.
No. I said they were also dangerous. I have not looked up their exact level of danger to see how they compare with guns.

I forced your bluff
I don't bluff. I am just no good at it so I never even try. I'd be a poor poker player. But that's another thing that I don't even try.

If I make a claim, I mean it in earnest. I may on rare occasions be mistaken, but I always believe my claims to be true when I make them.

so you had to admit those are dangerous only if they are projected by a rocket which is the same as a gun.
I have not had to admit any such thing. And I don't admit any such thing.

Staircases and ladders are very much dangerous without being launched as a projectile. People can be killed if they fall down a flight of stairs or fall off a ladder.

Rockets are not the same thing as guns.

No. I said they were also dangerous. I have not looked up their exact level of danger to see how they compare with guns.

I don't bluff. I am just no good at it so I never even try. I'd be a poor poker player. But that's another thing that I don't even try.

If I make a claim, I mean it in earnest. I may on rare occasions be mistaken, but I always believe my claims to be true when I make them.

I have not had to admit any such thing. And I don't admit any such thing.

Staircases and ladders are very much dangerous without being launched as a projectile. People can be killed if they fall down a flight of stairs or fall off a ladder.

Rockets are not the same thing as guns.
I don't debate serious subjects with chldren.

You mean besides the actual research? Over a period of decades?

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

2021 national firearm survey, Prof. William English, PhD. designed by Deborah Azrael of Harvard T. Chan School of public policy, and Mathew Miller, Northeastern university.......1.67 million defensive uses annually.

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

2021 national firearms survey..

The survey was designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University,
----
The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.

2021 National Firearms Survey

Actually, no, they don't, since they don't know what that means......universal background checks require gun registration.....something the polls never tell the people who respond to the polls.....and since gun registration around the world and in various states leads to gun banning and confiscation, they would not support universal background checks if they knew what you guys really wanted.

You mean besides the actual research? Over a period of decades?

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

2021 national firearm survey, Prof. William English, PhD. designed by Deborah Azrael of Harvard T. Chan School of public policy, and Mathew Miller, Northeastern university.......1.67 million defensive uses annually.

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

2021 national firearms survey..

The survey was designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University,
----
The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.

2021 National Firearms Survey
An online, self included survey with no effort to verify claims is not a scientific study, dumb ass. If you aren't smart enough to know the difference, I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to you. There is no way to even imagine how much gun nuts exaggerate the use of their guns. Fantasies of saving the day by gun nuts on a self included survey are not the same as verified events.

Forum List

Back