U.K. Trial Court: Lying About Vasectomy Negates Consent to Sex

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Jason Lawrance is many online dating users' worst nightmare. The British father-of-three met a number of women on Match.com that he went on to sexually attack, for which he received a life sentence in 2016 (which actually means he will spend at least 12.5 years in prison). In addition to being punished for his violent crimes, the serial sexual predator also got convicted for a more unique reason: he lied to a woman about having had a vasectomy before having sex with her, which resulted in her becoming pregnant and having an abortion.

Can you imagine how that would go down in the States?

Jason Lawrance is many online dating users' worst nightmare. The British father-of-three met a number of women on Match.com that he went on to sexually attack, for which he received a life sentence in 2016 (which actually means he will spend at least 12.5 years in prison). In addition to being punished for his violent crimes, the serial sexual predator also got convicted for a more unique reason: he lied to a woman about having had a vasectomy before having sex with her, which resulted in her becoming pregnant and having an abortion.

Depends where it happens. And the state of the judicial system there.

With liberals, there is no telling. He is a man, so right there, a lot of assumption of guilt by a lot of people.

Does anyone think lying about having a vasectomy and getting a woman pregnant should NOT be punished?

"Stealthing" or removing the condom after starting sex, depending on where you are, can be prosecuted as sexual assault or even rape. This case seems to be the same thing.

"Yea, I used to be an astronaut, but it was interfering with my successful medical practice ... so I had to quit"

man-flirts-with-uninterested-woman-363680.jpg

Does anyone think lying about having a vasectomy and getting a woman pregnant should NOT be punished?

What should the punishment be beyond 18 years of child support?

Much more than that. The woman will be expected to drop all her plans and care for the child.

As I said, in some places "stealthing" can bring charges of sexual assault. That would be right, since a condition of her consenting was that he had had a vasectomy.

Much more than that. The woman will be expected to drop all her plans and care for the child.

As I said, in some places "stealthing" can bring charges of sexual assault. That would be right, since a condition of her consenting was that he had had a vasectomy.

She needs to plan on feeding the child too with no financial support for however many years dad is behind bars thanks to you. Sure I think it is a shitty thing for someone to do, but women need to be proactive in using birth control if they don't want to have a baby.

She needs to plan on feeding the child too with no financial support for however many years dad is behind bars thanks to you. Sure I think it is a shitty thing for someone to do, but women need to be proactive in using birth control if they don't want to have a baby.

Thank to me?? No, thanks to his own underhanded actions and lying.

It is not just the woman having sex. It should be BOTH that are responsible for birth control.

As long as the only punishment is people thinking its a shitty thing to do, those overgrown boys will continue to lie and continue to take off the condoms. The threat of punishment is what many of them need.

Nope. What happens if you flip it and you have a woman that lies about birth control?

Does anyone think lying about being infertile, or on the pill, and deceiving a man into impregnating a woman should NOT be punished?

Its rhetorical question...

I am going to agree with you...

Lying about it make the woman think she will not get pregnant and the psychological damage done by the man when the woman find out she was lied to make me think that behavior should be punished.

Thank to me?? No, thanks to his own underhanded actions and lying.

It is not just the woman having sex. It should be BOTH that are responsible for birth control.

But yet you only want to punish one of them.

I'm curious as to how and why you think it would be different.

Forum List

Back