U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May

Pretty good actually. And of course everyone beats Rump except maybe Herbert Hoover :rolleyes-41:

It's interesting. After each of the last 3 republican presidents the same thing was said. reagan had high job losses but it was early in his presidency.

Interesting how they all took us nearly to hoover levels of job losses and destroyed our economy.

When will America learn to never vote for a conservative or republican?

Yeah... cause who the fuck is going to go to work when they have been sitting back collecting, to what amounts to, about $12 an hour in covid induced cash payments??
Yeah,... you don't mention that do you ya parrot.

Wow, I think you just made a case for a $15.00 minimum wage.

Funny thing, no one wants to risk their lives for starvation wages. Imagine that.

Yeah... cause who the fuck is going to go to work when they have been sitting back collecting, to what amounts to, about $12 an hour in covid induced cash payments??

Funny thing, no one wants to risk their lives for starvation wages. Imagine that.
No one should expect a living wage from a part time restaurant job.... imagine that
Also imagine that... due to higher and higher wages for what should be entry level jobs... within 5 years max... virtually every cashier and wait staff will be replaced by technology.
Just last week our Lowes put in 12 auto check outs. Reason why? - They can't get help. This was not planned for smaller city outlets, but they are putting them in all the stores because they can't get anyone to work.
Imagine that.... gee... another idiotic social program makes the situation worse - AGAIN

Last edited:

A 15 dollar minimum wage is designed to kill small business and kill the Middle class with it.

Pretty good actually. And of course everyone beats Rump except maybe Herbert Hoover :rolleyes-41:

It's interesting. After each of the last 3 republican presidents the same thing was said. reagan had high job losses but it was early in his presidency.

Interesting how they all took us nearly to hoover levels of job losses and destroyed our economy.

Did Hoover have a scamdemic to deal with?

U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May​

That is a deceptive figure.
  • 6200 jobs was for transporting vaccine.
  • 12800 jobs was for Covid Administration.
  • 273,850 jobs was for temporary hires to give OUT (inject) the vaccine.
  • 850 jobs were media PR hires for Joe Biden.
  • 300 jobs were administrative hire for media relations.
That actually only leaves about 265,000 new hires for actual jobs recovered. :smoke:

That actually only leaves about 265,000 new hires for actual jobs recovered. :smoke:
And those are most likely low paying service jobs or contract temporary jobs. The same bullshit jobs Obama's shitty economy produced.

Lower than predicted...and check the service job section...unemployment in that sector is still way too high....

But that's mostly because they are still afraid of going back to work.

I'm on vacation in my Wisconsin residence this week, and every store I've gone to has had help wanted signs on it. Some stores are doing reduced hours because they don't have enough personnel. One restaurant had the owner's 15 year old daughter waiting tables because they don't have enough employees available.
God you're an idiot, Joe! It has ZERO to do with people being afraid to go back to work...they haven't been going back to work because you liberals paid them more than they make at their job to sit at home and play video games!

The jobs numbers WILL get better but it's got nothing to do with Biden or the Democrats! They'll get better because Republican Governors stopped taking the extra money Democrats are handing out. Watch how people start going back to work when all that money dries up!

Did Hoover have a scamdemic to deal with?
No, and neither did you. 600.000 dead Americans is real.
Hoover I don’t believe was plagued by any Q-Kook Fraudits either.

Employment Situation Summary​

Transmission of material in this news release is embargoed until USDL-21-0980
8:30 a.m. (ET) Friday, June 4, 2021

In May, employment in leisure and hospitality increased by 292,000, as pandemic-related
restrictions continued to ease in some parts of the country. Nearly two-thirds of the
increase was in food services and drinking places (+186,000). Employment also rose in
amusements, gambling, and recreation (+58,000) and in accommodation (+35,000). Employment
in leisure and hospitality is down by 2.5 million, or 15.0 percent, from its level in
February 2020.

In May, employment increased in public and private education, reflecting the continued
resumption of in-person learning and other school-related activities in some parts of
the country. Employment rose by 53,000 in local government education, by 50,000 in state
government education, and by 41,000 in private education. However, employment is down
from February 2020 levels in local government education (-556,000), state government
education (-244,000), and private education (-293,000).

Health care and social assistance added 46,000 jobs in May. Employment in health care
continued to trend up (+23,000), reflecting a gain in ambulatory health care services
(+22,000). Social assistance added 23,000 jobs over the month, largely in child day care
services (+18,000). Compared with February 2020, employment is down by 508,000 in health
care and by 257,000 in social assistance.

Employment in information rose by 29,000 over the month but is down by 193,000 since
February 2020. In May, job gains occurred in motion picture and sound recording
industries (+14,000).

Manufacturing employment rose by 23,000 in May. A job gain in motor vehicles and parts
(+25,000) followed a loss in April (-38,000). Employment in manufacturing is down by
509,000 from its level in February 2020.

Transportation and warehousing added 23,000 jobs in May. Employment increased in
support activities for transportation (+10,000) and in air transportation (+9,000).
Since February 2020, employment in transportation and warehousing is down by 100,000.

Employment in wholesale trade increased by 20,000 in May, mostly in the durable goods
component (+14,000). Employment in wholesale trade is down by 211,000 since February

Construction employment edged down in May (-20,000), reflecting a job loss in
nonresidential specialty trade contractors (-17,000). Employment in construction is
225,000 lower than in February 2020.

Employment in professional and business services changed little in May (+35,000). Within
the industry, employment continued to trend up in accounting and bookkeeping services
(+14,000). Employment in temporary help services changed little over the month (+4,000),
following a large decline in April (-116,000). Overall, employment in professional and
business services is down by 708,000 since February 2020.

Employment in retail trade changed little in May (-6,000). Clothing and clothing
accessories stores added 11,000 jobs. Employment in food and beverage stores decreased
by 26,000, following a decline of 47,000 in April. Employment in retail trade is 411,000
below its February 2020 level.

In May, employment changed little in other major industries, including mining, financial
activities, and other services.

The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%
Pathetic, a very Obama like mix of low paying service jobs while jobs people can live on declined. Dem policy once again stifling good paying blue collar jobs sacrificed on the alter of the liberal agenda.
good jobs aren't getting filled because the demofks keep giving out our tax money. I found out last night one of the restaurants in my town shut down last saturday due to know personnel available to work. Can't hire enough staff. too sad.
Our restaurants are packed with customers and easily half are not wearing masks. Servers are also not wearing masks. Store clerks no masks. Even the lady behind the pharmacy counter yesterday when I picked up a prescription was maskless. The Dems mask control is breaking down even here in the heart of liberal states.
all the restaurants I frequent are looking for servers. All of them. The covid drove them into tax funding relief. Until that stops, they ain't coming back.

BTW, they want to see stability again, rather than what was purposely inflicted on them before anyone goes back.
I will say 25% at least have gone belly up during the Dem Covid scam so there's that.

The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%
Pathetic, a very Obama like mix of low paying service jobs while jobs people can live on declined. Dem policy once again stifling good paying blue collar jobs sacrificed on the alter of the liberal agenda.
good jobs aren't getting filled because the demofks keep giving out our tax money. I found out last night one of the restaurants in my town shut down last saturday due to know personnel available to work. Can't hire enough staff. too sad.
Our restaurants are packed with customers and easily half are not wearing masks. Servers are also not wearing masks. Store clerks no masks. Even the lady behind the pharmacy counter yesterday when I picked up a prescription was maskless. The Dems mask control is breaking down even here in the heart of liberal states.
all the restaurants I frequent are looking for servers. All of them. The covid drove them into tax funding relief. Until that stops, they ain't coming back.

BTW, they want to see stability again, rather than what was purposely inflicted on them before anyone goes back.
I will say 25% at least have gone belly up during the Dem Covid scam so there's that.
Again, demofks driving out business

Leave it to Breitphart and the Neo-GOP to poop poop adding over a halve a million jobs in a month.
What kind of jobs are they?
Why does Breitphart and the Neo-GOP hate the American Comeback?
Why don't you answer the question?
If you can't find the answer, hahahahahaha.
So there really aren’t any new jobs more smoke and mirrors from demofks. Amazing

Leave it to Breitphart and the Neo-GOP to poop poop adding over a halve a million jobs in a month.
What kind of jobs are they?
Why does Breitphart and the Neo-GOP hate the American Comeback?
Why don't you answer the question?
If you can't find the answer, hahahahahaha.
So there really aren’t any new jobs more smoke and mirrors from demofks. Amazing
Well intentional ignorance is common in the Neo-GOP realm I hear. Just go with what you're told!

Forum List

Back