U.S. economy adds 559,000 jobs in May

No one should expect a living wage from a part time restaurant job.... imagine that

Why not? Frankly, I can see a better case for that than a CEO that makes 8 figures for failing.

Also imagine that... due to higher and higher wages for what should be entry level jobs... within 5 years max... virtually every cashier and wait staff will be replaced by technology.
You guys have been threatening that for years... and it never happens. You know why?

People don't want it. I go to a resturant, I want a real human being taking my order, and I want a real human being serving my food.

Just last week our Lowes put in 12 auto check outs. Reason why? - They can't get help. This was not planned for smaller city outlets, but they are putting them in all the stores because they can't get anyone to work.

Um, yeah, here's the thing, as someone who worked part time in a Home Depot. Cashiers are a very small part of their staff, and unless you are buying something really quickly, you really want a human being to ring up your order if it's any kind of major project

My biggest problem when I used to go to the HD was finding anyone to help. Then I worked there as a Service Sales Consultant for two years (It was during that time I had to work three jobs to pull myself out of the Bush Recession) and found out becasue of the mostly shitty pay, the employees made it a point to hide from customers as much as possible.

Imagine that.... gee... another idiotic social program makes the situation worse - AGAIN

Not really. Now, it's true the Trump Plague has shaken things up a bit, but the upside is these people working these min wage service jobs who suddenly found themselves to be "essential employees" are probably taking a lesson away from this about the inequities of our system. Good luck trying to get that toothpaste back in the tube.

God you're an idiot, Joe! It has ZERO to do with people being afraid to go back to work...they haven't been going back to work because you liberals paid them more than they make at their job to sit at home and play video games!

If they are making more staying home playing video games, shame on small businesses for asking people to put their health at risk.

The jobs numbers WILL get better but it's got nothing to do with Biden or the Democrats! They'll get better because Republican Governors stopped taking the extra money Democrats are handing out. Watch how people start going back to work when all that money dries up!

Proving Republicans care more about business than working people. What a surprise.

March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.
LIAR!
The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised up by 15,000, from
+770,000 to +785,000, and the change for April was revised up by 12,000, from +266,000 to +278,000. With these revisions, employment in March and April combined is 27,000 higher than previously reported.

Leave it to Breitphart and the Neo-GOP to poop poop adding over a halve a million jobs in a month.
I can remember when the NAZIS thought 500,000+ new jobs was good!

June 5, 2015
RUSH: From the moment Obama did his Porkulus, we needed 500,000 jobs a month just to stay even, and a little more than 500,000 jobs a month in order to grow the economy.

March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.
LIAR!
The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for March was revised up by 15,000, from
+770,000 to +785,000, and the change for April was revised up by 12,000, from +266,000 to +278,000. With these revisions, employment in March and April combined is 27,000 higher than previously reported.

Great, still way below expectations.

LIAR!

Funny you NAZIS never bitched when Tramp failed to meet expectations nearly every month. Tramp actually LOST 2 million jobs over his 4 years, if that isn't below expectations then nothing is!

LIAR!

Funny you NAZIS never bitched when Tramp failed to meet expectations nearly every month. Tramp actually LOST 2 million jobs over his 4 years, if that isn't below expectations then nothing is!

Gee, ya think the pandemic had anything to do with it, maybe Democrat Governor's shutting down their states?

Leave it to Breitphart and the Neo-GOP to poop poop adding over a halve a million jobs in a month.

June 5, 2015
RUSH: From the moment Obama did his Porkulus, we needed 500,000 jobs a month just to stay even, and a little more than 500,000 jobs a month in order to grow the economy.

Republicans will spin it differently if a Democrat is president.

I will say this though. They need to end the special unemployment $ bullshit they've been giving people. Last night I went to Wendy's, Burger King and Arbys. All of them closed early due to not having enough staff.

WHAT THE FUCK? Who's still sitting at home collecting unemployment? It needs to stop. They payout needs to go back down to what it was and before you could only get it for 5 months. If you've had it for more than 5 months your $ needs to end today. GET BACK TO WORK BLUE COLLAR!

June 5, 2015

I will say this though. They need to end the special unemployment $ bullshit they've been giving people. Last night I went to Wendy's, Burger King and Arbys. All of them closed early due to not having enough staff.

WHAT THE FUCK? Who's still sitting at home collecting unemployment? It needs to stop. They payout needs to go back down to what it was and before you could only get it for 5 months. If you've had it for more than 5 months your $ needs to end today. GET BACK TO WORK BLUE COLLAR!
I can't disagree with that. Everybody I know that got furloughed is back at the old job or have found new ones. But they don't work at Wendy's anymore......

June 5, 2015

I can't disagree with that. Everybody I know that got furloughed is back at the old job or have found new ones. But they don't work at Wendy's anymore......
That would be great if everyone who lost a job was able to go find a better job than what they left. If companies need help that should be happening. Sorry Wendy but you're going to have to pay $15 hr if you want to find help.

Watch now Republicans will start defending places like Wendy's who hire illegals because the company says they can't find workers. Maybe not at $11 hr. Maybe you need to up it to $15 or even $20 hr. I'd like that. Soon people who work at McDonald's can go off welfare and move out of their parents homes.

God you're an idiot, Joe! It has ZERO to do with people being afraid to go back to work...they haven't been going back to work because you liberals paid them more than they make at their job to sit at home and play video games!

If they are making more staying home playing video games, shame on small businesses for asking people to put their health at risk.

The jobs numbers WILL get better but it's got nothing to do with Biden or the Democrats! They'll get better because Republican Governors stopped taking the extra money Democrats are handing out. Watch how people start going back to work when all that money dries up!

Proving Republicans care more about business than working people. What a surprise.
How are they putting their health at risk by working? Stop paying them to be lazy and they will need the job to eat, thus remaining healthy.

????? We want people to have jobs to take care of themselves. What do you Dimmers want?

LIAR!

Gee, ya think the pandemic had anything to do with it, maybe Democrat Governor's shutting down their states?
Yes - Dear Leader dithering, downplaying, lying and spectacularly botching the pandemic response had TONS to do with it.

The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%
5.9 PERCENT of what? 300 million? Thats 15 million unemployed people for 650k jobs. That sucks.

The median forecast of analysts surveyed by Econoday was for 650,000 jobs and an unemployment rate of 5.9 percent. The Dow Jones consensus estimate was for 617,000...a fine mediocre number.

April’s figure was revised up to 278,000 from 266,000, a smaller revision than many expected. March’s jobs number, initially reported at 916,000, has been revised down to 785,000.

Another Miss: U.S. Economy Adds 559,000 Jobs in May, Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.8%
5.9 PERCENT of what? 300 million? Thats 15 million unemployed people for 650k jobs. That sucks.

Sigh...is that how you feel unemployment reports? We do it differently in this country.

Sigh...is that how you feel unemployment reports? We do it differently in this country.
I realize they measure unemployment based on how many want a job that don't have one so as not to include the unemployable or the retirees or the kiddies. I was expecting an answer to the implied question.

Thank you Donald Trump.
Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 3.57.54 PM.png

The Cry Baby Sore Loser did not abscond, by popular demand, a moment too soon!

Forum List

Back