U.S. House passes "Protect Life Act"

This thread is drifting. Why are House Republicans obsessed with women's reproductive rights to the exclusion of all else? They have not created ONE job. Not ONE.

Okey dokey you have ADD. We have now gone from abortions to jobs. There is a leap if I've ever witnessed one.

Unexpectedly.

So you would carry an embryo to term if it was raped into you?

Herein lies the moral conflict. And this is why I keep going the morning after pill. The blood doesn't flow for a number of days. That's when life begins. Life is in the blood.

My heart would break though. I don't know how to answer your question. Some have. Some have carried their children to term despite rape. Could I? I honestly can't say. It's a horrid situation. And I will not judge others of rape or incest. That's not for me to judge.

One day it will all shake out and we'll know the answer.

They are completely taking away the rights of rape victims, mothers who may be killed by being pregnant can now be refused. This could turn into murder through government. That bill is unspeakably evil and it needs to die.
That simply is not true. The HuffPo lied about the contents of the bill.

The bill says no such thing.

I linked to the summary of the bill (at govtrac) in one of the first few posts (ETA post 18).

Read the bill to figure out what is in it; don't let HuffPo's interpretation of the bill take the place of your own thinking.

Last edited:
By Laura Bassett

WASHINGTON -- After an emotional floor debate, the House of Representatives on Thursday passed the so-called Protect Life Act, which prohibits women from buying health insurance plans that cover abortion under the Affordable Care Act and makes it legal for hospitals to deny abortions to pregnant women with life-threatening conditions.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), a proponent of the bill, told voters last week that its purpose is "to ensure that no taxpayer dollars flow to health care plans that cover abortion and no health care worker has to participate in abortions against their will."

In fact, the Affordable Care Act already keeps public dollars separate from the private insurance payments that cover abortion. A federal judge ruled in August that the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List had to stop making the claim on its website that "Obamacare" subsidizes abortions because the assertion is false.

Protect Life Act Passes House: Congress Passes Controversial Anti-Abortion Bill

At about 4 months you can really feel them rocking inside you. Cripes, it's so wild because all of a sudden you can see their little feet against your belly wall. I don't even know how to describe it.

You literally can see their tiny tiny feet against your belly's skin.

I want every women to be able to get a day after pill if they don't want a child. I know. I am strange. A wierd combo of Ted Nugent and the Pope. I just want no more abortions. For those that think that they are clinically discussing this, if you have ever had a baby in your belly I don't get you.

Don't hand me the coat hanger crap. Don't lie to me that way. I would personally agree to allow a condom (never works) or a morning after pill.But please oh please stop abortion.

Do tell.

Four Months

Your baby is now about 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces. His skeleton is starting to harden from rubbery cartilage to bone.

So at four months? That's gas.

The mental and physical welfare of the mother comes first.

Do you even have a clue of the torment a woman goes thru when she aborts her baby?

It cuts you to the quick. It's not cut and dried. I still talk to friends of mine who named their aborted babies years after the act. Where they feel they had to name the child they ripped out of their body.

Trust me there is pain. I've held my friends and there is a sadness you can't even imagine.

I can't even describe it and I'm pretty good with words.
Your interest is protecting women from themselves?

I don't expect women to be virgins till they are 90. I had my time and I loved it. BUT I damn well made sure I didn't have unprotected sex and I had birth control.

What part of that doesn't anyone understand? You can be a partier and still be responsible.

I don't get why anyone would even want to force an individual to abort a baby against their will?

If it's a medical emergency, I can't see any doctor denying right of life to the mother.But otherwise, no one should have to abort a baby.

There is a real issue in Britain right now because no Muslim physician ( male or female) will abort a child under any circumstance. A whole NHS issue.

Forum List

Back