U.S. military dominance ‘no longer assured,’ says House committee

Never seen that story before....LOL Like every year for the last 60 years No, there is no other nation even close to us militarily
Well, I don't know about every year, but certainly in 1981, as we were saying goodbye to the disaster known as the Carter Presidency.

Carter ramped down the military after VietNam ended.
What a travesty
No, that was Ford, with Carter batting clean-up, wasn't it? And there's no escaping the idea that Carter went too far in finishing the job.
No. It was not Ford at all. The 1975 budget for the US military was passed in 1974 and we completely pulled out of Saigon in May 1975. The 1976 military budget, passed in 1975, barely budged from it's former funding levels because Ford didn't want to appear weak on the military in an election year. Carter did a moderate scale-down, on the advice of his top-brass.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

What a travesty
No, that was Ford, with Carter batting clean-up, wasn't it? And there's no escaping the idea that Carter went too far in finishing the job.

Not really
Our military was obsolete fighting the wrong mission. Building a Cold War arsenal was a waste of money

Says the far left drone running the far left religious narrative.

Nixon ended the Vietnam war!
We lost

Because we catered to the far left and we did not loose the cold war..
"loose".

What, was it tight?

Idiot.

we spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH on Defense....

seems to me the Defense budget has been way out of control and lots and lots of WASTED MONEY going to the Military Industrial complex.....

bar-chart-defense-spending.jpg

Revisionism is saying Nixon ended the Vitnam war. Essentially, the American people ended the war as their representatives reduced funding. The American people voted at least three times to end the war and were constantly betrayed by those elected. The patriots who opposed the war, especially in demonstrating against it, were right all along.

Revisionism is saying Nixon ended the Vitnam war. Essentially, the American people ended the war as their representatives reduced funding. The American people voted at least three times to end the war and were constantly betrayed by those elected. The patriots who opposed the war, especially in demonstrating against it, were right all along.
Very true

Those protesting the war were patriots. Those advocating escalation while safe at home, were anything but

Never seen that story before....LOL Like every year for the last 60 years No, there is no other nation even close to us militarily
Well, I don't know about every year, but certainly in 1981, as we were saying goodbye to the disaster known as the Carter Presidency.

What a travesty
Dont tell me you are that young and don't remember or were not even born during the Carter years, that Was some depressing scary shit. I know I was born in 65 so dont remember the height of the cold war and can imagine it was worse with duck and cover, but I thought we were so fucked Military and along came Ronald :) thank god

seems to me the Defense budget has been way out of control and lots and lots of WASTED MONEY going to the Military Industrial complex.....

Liberals are a Strange bunch, you do most of those jobs are High paying $40 dollar plus and hour private sector Union jobs right?

At least with military jobs we get to see cool new Aircraft carriers, drones, Lazer, high tech private sector Jobs.

With public sector jobs what do we see? Long lines at the DMV? IRS hassling private citizens?

Liberals are a Strange bunch, you do most of those jobs are High paying $40 dollar plus and hour private sector Union jobs right?
it's my tax money paying them $40 an hour, and certainly our department of Defense has MORE money than it needs to run efficiently, and well more than it needs to ''dominate'' the whole world and be the one all and be all, NEW WORLD ORDER military leader....

It's time the Military and Pentagon STOP wasting the money they get from me and you, and USE IT MORE WISELY.

it's my tax money paying them $40 an hour, and certainly our department of Defense has MORE money than it needs to run efficiently, and well more than it needs to ''dominate'' the whole world and be the one all and be all, NEW WORLD ORDER military leader....

It's time the Military and Pentagon STOP wasting the money they get from me and you, and USE IT MORE WISELY.
They dont waste as much money from me as the food stamp budget, I pay my taxes with glee on a new Aircraft carrier, or another sea wolf class Submarine , or a few new missle guided destroyers

Not so much my tax money going for a person on food stamp Getting a lap dance..

At least with military jobs we get to see cool new Aircraft carriers, drones, Lazer, high tech private sector Jobs.

With public sector jobs what do we see? Long lines at the DMV? IRS hassling private citizens?
Yes. Sucking off the gubbermint teat, just like Conservatives like it.

What a travesty
Dont tell me you are that young and don't remember or were not even born during the Carter years, that Was some depressing scary shit. I know I was born in 65 so dont remember the height of the cold war and can imagine it was worse with duck and cover, but I thought we were so fucked Military and along came Ronald :) thank god

I was working for the DOD under Carter. We were ramping down post VietNam. We were, however upgrading our Air Force to many aircraft that still fly today.
The problem post VietNam and post Cold War was we had armed forces and Navies built to fight the wrong mission
Reagan ramped up technologies that were obsolete once they hit the field.

Last edited:

They dont waste as much money from me as the food stamp budget, I pay my taxes with glee on a new Aircraft carrier, or another sea wolf class Submarine , or a few new missle guided destroyers

Not so much my tax money going for a person on food stamp Getting a lap dance..

We see more benefit out of helping Americans with spending on healthcare, education and social programs than we do out of a new carrier task force

So are jobs in medical research, energy technologies, communications, space.......all which could use additional funding

What a travesty

You think we are less vulnerable to nuclear annihilation now? lol

U.S. military dominance ‘no longer assured,’ says House committee
Even though we spend more on the military than the next 10 countries! Then that should prove we are not spending wisely.
If we want true dominance for the US Military we should not allow any of our weapons or military tech to be exported to other countries.

So are jobs in medical research, energy technologies, communications, space.......all which could use additional funding
You are aware of the military space budget dwarfs NASA correct?

You are aware of the military space budget dwarfs NASA correct?
And?

Forum List

Back