U.S. Rep. Ron Paul receives more military donations than Obama

Who knows, fuck I got out back in 07 and now in the Air Force the uniforms are competely different and DADT is gone, talking to my buddies that are still in its like a different world now in the service.

Well, I got out in 99 and I can tell you - it's 360 today than it was back then.

He's talking about the military, not prison.

Dumbshit.

Chicken Little? WTF?

Ron Paul would decimate our military and send the country into near isolationism. This would (IMO) destroy the USA.

i think that's just the company line that the republicans use to make sure he isn't elected. they can't have a person in the white house that will be responsible with the money we have (since it will cut back on their pet projects like running around the world fighting other's country's wars).

Actually dumb ass I like most of what he says about domestic policies. It[s his foreign policy that prevents me from backing him.........

Why? What is so wrong with pulling our bases back? Have you not seen the blatant waste and corruption that goes on in the AOR. I have seen MILLIONS of dollars of equipment put to flame because the army did not want to move it back, people killed for missions that had no point, people sitting around down there without a job or purpose and BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of wasted resources accomplishing absolutely nothing. Paul does not want us out of the worlds influence, he wants us back here representing the best interests of the country and not the corrupt industrial war machine that our military is becoming. It is pathetic and sad some of the things that I have to deal with on a continual basis because of the bullshit relationships some of our military leaders have with the corporations that build our weapons and hire our TCN's and the need to consistently build more, grow more and go to more nations. Our military is a hammer and should only be used when one is needed.

Give an inch and they take 50 miles.

I left the Military in 1993. My last duty abroad was based in Europe I left that duty shortly after Desert Storm. Since I left Europe for the last time over 50% of our bases within Europe have closed. I had 4 different tours based in Europe, today none of those Kasernes I worked at are occupied. 2 are deserted; the buildings crumbling, One has been demolished except for one Historical Building, and the fourth I heard was mostly deserted though one small corner was being used as a pre-school.

The point here is that we have pulled back, we have already shrunk our military, look at the number of combat tours our troops have been on. How many tours do you think they can handle? We have already cut to the bare bones and I'm sorry but we need to have forward bases. How would we have gone into Kuwait without the bases we used in Europe? How would we deal with a similar problem in Asia if we had no forward bases?

How many troops are alive today because of the hospital in Landstuhl Germany?

RP Would close everything that is left. I cannot accept that.......

Actually, you pissed me off.

The cooks on my sub were not fags or people that hid in the back.

They went through the same shit rest of us went through and took more b/c the food sucked.

Actually, Military chow has gotten alot better, the Dining Facility on Vandenberg Air Force Base was one of the finest in the Air Force even though the rest of the base blew donkey balls. I also used to eat at an Army DFAC on deployment to Kuwait, Army food is fuckin good.
The best dining facility I've ever eaten in - hands down - was at Johnston Island (Atoll). Full spread: lobster, roast beef, deli, fruits - 24/7. If you can pull duty there, you make a bunch of money - regular pay, hazard pay, + Raytheon also pays you. Everything is free except beer and personal. Of course, it's an extremely dangerous place to be and you have to carry your gas mask around at all times. So it's a trade-off. :lol:

Hmm where is this Johnston Island? I really can't complain about the food in Military dining facilities, in Kuwait they would have surf and turf every Friday and they also had days where they had a spaghetti bar, taco day, etc and occasionally they brought in shawarmas for us from downtown, they also had an Ice Cream section from Baskin Robbins, they definently took care of us chow wise.

I left the Military in 1993. My last duty abroad was based in Europe I left that duty shortly after Desert Storm. Since I left Europe for the last time over 50% of our bases within Europe have closed. I had 4 different tours based in Europe, today none of those Kasernes I worked at are occupied. 2 are deserted; the buildings crumbling, One has been demolished except for one Historical Building, and the fourth I heard was mostly deserted though one small corner was being used as a pre-school.

The point here is that we have pulled back, we have already shrunk our military, look at the number of combat tours our troops have been on. How many tours do you think they can handle? We have already cut to the bare bones and I'm sorry but we need to have forward bases. How would we have gone into Kuwait without the bases we used in Europe? How would we deal with a similar problem in Asia if we had no forward bases?

Ollie I am assuming the Ron Paul supporters don't want us involved in anymore global conflicts anymore, thus if we brought literally all our Military personnel and resources back stateside, we would not need to go back into Asia or the Middle East for anything.

So Politicians know the military situation better than the military does? This is why RP does not need to be in the white house.

You do realize Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate to wear a uniform, right? Or do you just ignore that inconvenient FACT?

I think he knows a helluva lot more than you do, and your infantile posts in this thread seem to back me up.

RP served, and I salute him for that. I doubt that his service makes him know more about the military than I do. His briefings as a congressman may give him an edge, but the military commanders still know more about what is happening on the ground.

Argue that all you like, we see the attacks continuing in IRAQ.

Great post they do know more, which is why they give Ron Paul money in hopes that he becomes elected.

The military commanders disagree with you and they disagree with the warmongering chickenhawks like Obama, Gingrich, and Romney.

They appreciate that he served his country unlike the others, and they support his policy.

You do realize Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate to wear a uniform, right? Or do you just ignore that inconvenient FACT?

I think he knows a helluva lot more than you do, and your infantile posts in this thread seem to back me up.

RP served, and I salute him for that. I doubt that his service makes him know more about the military than I do. His briefings as a congressman may give him an edge, but the military commanders still know more about what is happening on the ground.

Great post they do know more, which is why they give Ron Paul money in hopes that he becomes elected.

The military commanders disagree with you and they disagree with the warmongering chickenhawks like Obama, Gingrich, and Romney.

They appreciate that he served his country unlike the others, and they support his policy.

For anyone that has served 5 or 6 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, Ron Paul's policy of bringing the troops home will sound comforting and appealing, I can understand that.

For anyone that has served 5 or 6 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, Ron Paul's policy of bringing the troops home will sound comforting and appealing, I can understand that.

Certainly sounds better than potentially being shipped out to Iran for however many tours they can survive or god knows whatever other middle eastern hellhole.

Ollie I am assuming the Ron Paul supporters don't want us involved in anymore global conflicts anymore, thus if we brought literally all our Military personnel and resources back stateside, we would not need to go back into Asia or the Middle East for anything.

Not exactly, RP says that our troops shouldn't be deployed except by act of war approved by congress. So Congress meets and agrees to a war and we have no military forward bases anywhere...... Can you see the problem? And what would calling all our troops back to the states tell our allies? How can we withdraw from South Korea? Most Americans don't even know that officially we are at war with North Korea...STILL......

Not exactly, RP says that our troops shouldn't be deployed except by act of war approved by congress. So Congress meets and agrees to a war and we have no military forward bases anywhere...... Can you see the problem? And what would calling all our troops back to the states tell our allies? How can we withdraw from South Korea? Most Americans don't even know that officially we are at war with North Korea...STILL......

Is it a bad thing that Turkey or Australia don't have troops in the United States? Are they sending us the wrong message by not having soldiers here in the continental U.S.?

Hmm I was under the impression Ron Paul just wanted to bring all the Troops home and leave the rest of the world alone, however as far as the North Korean threat is concerned I agree with you, thats why I am against down sizing our Military. Hell look at how many people we have going back on 5 or 6 deployments, I think we actually need a bigger Military not a smaller one.

Is it a bad thing that Turkey or Australia don't have troops in the United States? Are they sending us the wrong message by not having soldiers here in the continental U.S.?

Actually we do host Troops from foreign countries for Military training, I ran into several Soldiers from Saudi Arabia when I was at Keesler Air Force Base for training. When I was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska STRATCOM hosted several Officers from the British Military, one of them was a hell of a soccer player on their indoor team.

Actually we do host Troops from foreign countries for Military training, I ran into several Soldiers from Saudi Arabia when I was at Keesler Air Force Base for training. When I was stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska STRATCOM hosted several Officers from the British Military, one of them was a hell of a soccer player on their indoor team.
Do they have thousands of troops on a military base owned by their countries though?

And what would they be offering us? They would serve no purpose would they. Now what do our troops in ......... Oh.. South Korea offer to the People of South Korea? Other than security........ Use your head, we are the strongest military force on the planet. Our allies know this and want us handy. RP wants to end this. I wonder just how much American influence it would end.....

And what would they be offering us? They would serve no purpose would they. Now what do our troops in ......... Oh.. South Korea offer to the People of South Korea? Other than security........ Use your head, we are the strongest military force on the planet. Our allies know this and want us handy. RP wants to end this. I wonder just how much American influence it would end.....

Sure they could serve a purpose. We could certainly use them on our borders and that would provide security that the U.S. taxpayer doesn't have to pay for.

So they could provide the same principle of security that our troops provide them by being over there using your logic. Myself I don't want either, I dont' want our troops over there, or their's over here.

Do they have thousands of troops on a military base owned by their countries though?

We don't "own" any Military bases we are stationed at overseas.

When was war declared on North Korea?

The United Nations Security Council Resolution 84, July 7, 1950

The Constitution of the United states says that the Congress shall have the authority to declare war. It does not say how Congress should do that. By authorizing the funding of a war I take that as a declaration of war, or at a minimum the same thing in different terms....

And a peace treaty has never been signed in Korea......

Forum List

Back