U.S. Republicans see a clash of civilizations. French president says no

Hundreds of thousands of Muslim-Americans disagree with you, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're better informed about the Islamic faith than you are.
They as Americans are free to disagree. But I still don't want MORE here. NO SALE.

Good for you.

Why should we care what you want?
Well I would think you would care about what other Americans think BEFORE caring about what another country thinks.

I'm asking specifically why we should care what you want.

I support resettling refugees in the US - do you care what I want?

Are you going to invite many of them to stay with you? or are you going to be a typical far left drone and expect others to do what you will not do?

I'm not going to invite any of them to "stay" with me, since I live in a one-bedroom apartment and the entire premise is ridiculous.

But I have no problem with them moving to where I live.

They as Americans are free to disagree. But I still don't want MORE here. NO SALE.

Good for you.

Well I would think you would care about what other Americans think BEFORE caring about what another country thinks.

Are you going to invite many of them to stay with you? or are you going to be a typical far left drone and expect others to do what you will not do?

I'm not going to invite any of them to "stay" with me, since I live in a one-bedroom apartment and the entire premise is ridiculous.

So you will be a typical far left drone and expect others to what you want, go figure that one..

So you do not want to be inconvenienced, but is ok if others are..

The islamic faith does NOT permit the American way of life. And it shows NO wish to do so. Its a violation of their faith to do so.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslim-Americans disagree with you, and I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're better informed about the Islamic faith than you are.
So you say
Western muslims pick and choose what to believe.

The islamic faith does NOT permit the American way of life. And it shows NO wish to do so. Its a violation of their faith to do so.

Good for you.

Its not just him. Its a majority. Mmmmk?

Good for you.

Then put them in the states that WANT them. Do not force them onto states that do NOT want them.

I'm not the one who gets to make that call. But I see no reason that hysterical fear should be a legitimate factor in making that decision.
Its not fear its the odds. Less then a dozen to hit France.
Half the states COULD suffer terrorist attacks based on that small a number in a year. And the odds AFTER Canada AFTER Russia After France back me NOT you.

Good for you.

So you will be a typical far left drone and expect others to what you want, go figure that one..

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that refugees are going to be forced into people's homes?

Good for you.

Its not just him. Its a majority. Mmmmk?

As right wingers normally love to point out, we don't live in a direct Democracy. Majorities don't mean a damn thing.

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that refugees are going to be forced into people's homes?
Europe. And don't we base a lot of our bullshit off Europe now? :)

Neither does Christianity. Thankfully we've managed to regulate the shit out of it.
Did we regulate Christians in the rest of the world too?
Lots of others did. It took about 2000 years. In fact the pilgrims first came here because they were so opposed to the regulation. So we're actually a little behind the rest of the 1st world Christian nations.

Well, no - we don't.

And no refugees have been forced into private homes in Europe, either.

Republicans are certainly slavoring to find a way to use this tragedy to their political advantage. Even Bush was very clear - this isn't a war against Islam, but against extremism and terrorism.

U.S. Republicans see a clash of civilizations. French president says no.

...Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), a Republican presidential hopeful, created the most stir when appearing Sunday on ABC's "This Week." Reacting to Hillary Clinton's statement that she didn't believe the United States was at war with Islam, Rubio suggested, "That would be like saying we weren’t at war with Nazis, because we were afraid to offend some Germans who may have been members of the Nazi Party but weren’t violent themselves."

Rubio continued: "This is a clash of civilizations.... There is no middle ground on this. Either they win or we win. And we need to begin to take this seriously. These are individuals motivated by their faith."

This apocalyptic line — that we're locked in a live-or-die civilizational struggle — is a popular theme in the Republican debates, where an array of candidates grandstand on the cultural nature of the threat as a way to highlight the supposed weakness and political correctness of their Democratic opponents.

But French President François Hollande, whose nation's capital was the scene of carnage last week, does not agree with this talking point.

On Monday, he addressed the French Parliament, declaring, "France is at war." But he specifically rejected the rhetoric espoused by politicians such as Rubio and, closer to home, the far-right leader Marine Le Pen.

"We are not committed to a war of civilizations, because these assassins don't represent any civilization," Hollande said. "We are in a war against terrorism, jihadism, which threatens the whole world."

Leave it to a far left drone to believe a far left drone blog site like the Washington post..

But then again these drones need a distraction from the horrid policies and illegal wars of Obama..

Never mind the links! LOL And btw the WP helped lead the media charge for W's invasion

Good for you.

^ Another typical far stupid pussy who won't go over there and fight despite the big talk

Well, no - we don't.

DENMARK SWEDEN UK
Its what the lefties are always throwing up. Don't give me that horse shit

Good for you.

Sure do! I gotta care when fellow Americans care more about terrorist-imbedded refugees than their own countrymen.

Republicans are certainly slavoring to find a way to use this tragedy to their political advantage. Even Bush was very clear - this isn't a war against Islam, but against extremism and terrorism.

U.S. Republicans see a clash of civilizations. French president says no.

...Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), a Republican presidential hopeful, created the most stir when appearing Sunday on ABC's "This Week." Reacting to Hillary Clinton's statement that she didn't believe the United States was at war with Islam, Rubio suggested, "That would be like saying we weren’t at war with Nazis, because we were afraid to offend some Germans who may have been members of the Nazi Party but weren’t violent themselves."

Rubio continued: "This is a clash of civilizations.... There is no middle ground on this. Either they win or we win. And we need to begin to take this seriously. These are individuals motivated by their faith."

This apocalyptic line — that we're locked in a live-or-die civilizational struggle — is a popular theme in the Republican debates, where an array of candidates grandstand on the cultural nature of the threat as a way to highlight the supposed weakness and political correctness of their Democratic opponents.

But French President François Hollande, whose nation's capital was the scene of carnage last week, does not agree with this talking point.

On Monday, he addressed the French Parliament, declaring, "France is at war." But he specifically rejected the rhetoric espoused by politicians such as Rubio and, closer to home, the far-right leader Marine Le Pen.

"We are not committed to a war of civilizations, because these assassins don't represent any civilization," Hollande said. "We are in a war against terrorism, jihadism, which threatens the whole world."

Leave it to a far left drone to believe a far left drone blog site like the Washington post..

But then again these drones need a distraction from the horrid policies and illegal wars of Obama..

Never mind the links! LOL And btw the WP helped lead the media charge for W's invasion

Yes many far left drones try and use that to justify the fact that the WP is nothing more than a far left drone blog site..

I am sure the WP reported on the 1991 Gulf war..

Good for you.

Then put them in the states that WANT them. Do not force them onto states that do NOT want them.

I'm not the one who gets to make that call. But I see no reason that hysterical fear should be a legitimate factor in making that decision.

You confuse fear with logical prevention.

Good for you.

You confuse fear with logical prevention.

There's nothing "logical" about shitting your pants because people with scary religions are moving in.

Well, no - we don't.

So now we go from a person willing to invite and lead by example to "forced"..

And you keep proving why you are a far left drone..

So are you going to give up your bed for these refugees? or do you want to "force" them on others?

Forum List

Back