U.S., Russia reach agreement on seizure of Syrian chemical weapons arsenal

This is the best deal we could have hoped for given the situation.

Obama gets to pull his foot out of his mouth.
Putin gets to claim credit for brokering the deal.

And Chemical Weapons get destroyed.

We don't get into another Civil War, where the Rebels are basically the enemy as well.

Too bad we can't fast forward a few years and have access to all the details that led to this compromise. It would spare us the seemingly endless stream of bullshit conjecture that we will endure in the coming days.

It does not matter who is in the White House, what matters is the outcome. There were many many lives spared by the actions of both the US and Russia. To me this is what counts. Still the US is holding a hammer over the head of the Syrian government should they not comply.

"Kerry, at a press conference with Lavrov, said that under the agreement, U.N. weapons inspectors must be on the ground in Syria no later than November. The goal, he said, is the complete destruction of Syria's chemical weapons by the middle of 2014.

Kerry and Lavrov said that if Syria does not comply with the agreement, which must be finalized by the Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons, it would face consequences under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter, the part that covers sanctions and military action.

Kerry said there was no agreement on what those measures would be. U.S. President Barack Obama, he said, reserves the right to use military force in Syria."

U.S., Russia agree to deal on Syria chemical weapons | Reuters

Too bad we can't fast forward a few years and have access to all the details that led to this compromise. It would spare us the seemingly endless stream of bullshit conjecture that we will endure in the coming days.

If only the most lethal of all chemical weapons could be banned, but not one is trying. The CW of bull shit is used way too often on the American people.

It does not matter who is in the White House, what matters is the outcome. There were many many lives spared by the actions of both the US and Russia. To me this is what counts. Still the US is holding a hammer over the head of the Syrian government should they not comply.

"Kerry, at a press conference with Lavrov, said that under the agreement, U.N. weapons inspectors must be on the ground in Syria no later than November. The goal, he said, is the complete destruction of Syria's chemical weapons by the middle of 2014.

Kerry and Lavrov said that if Syria does not comply with the agreement, which must be finalized by the Organization for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons, it would face consequences under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter, the part that covers sanctions and military action.

Kerry said there was no agreement on what those measures would be. U.S. President Barack Obama, he said, reserves the right to use military force in Syria."

When do you suppose they will get around to the same agreement with the rebels?

Why not resist the urge?

maybe when we are no longer in need of their services..

This is a great question and a good topic for another thread. However, at this time I am discussing your OP.

Give credit where it's due. To Russia. obama folded like a cheap suit. This is obama's agreement that Assad will remain in power.

What did Republican's do? Stopped obama. Made him know that he wasn't getting any kind of authorization and would be facing some serious trouble here.

The world owes President Putin it's gratitude.

Give credit where it's due. To Russia. obama folded like a cheap suit. This is obama's agreement that Assad will remain in power.

What did Republican's do? Stopped obama. Made him know that he wasn't getting any kind of authorization and would be facing some serious trouble here.

Let's wait till the other shoe drops. What we know for a fact is if it were no opposition Obama would have killed more brown skinned people in the ME.

Why not resist the urge?

I like softball.

Reports are the rebels had CW.

This is a great question and a good topic for another thread. However, at this time I am discussing your OP.

I like the outcome. But reports are that the rebels have CWs and may in fact be responsible.

If Obama had ordered a strike, he would have done so reluctantly. An outcome that doesn't involve military action is exactly what he was hoping for.

Putin gets credit for coming to the table; but know that he only did so to look out for himself. I just wanted to let you know that, while you're on your knees sucking Putin cock, he's a self-serving tyrant. He's not a good guy. He's not out to help you. You commie-loving skank.

So are we going to stop arming and training the rebels due to this agreement? We still have an unofficial war against Assad.

Last edited:
Thank goodness we had the Republicans demanding that Obama and his war hawk actions were reined in. Now more children actually will not die because of American bombing.

Yeah, thank goodness for the Republicans :lol: What did Republicans do? Absolutely nothing.

This was an agreement between the Obama administration and Russia. Give credit where it's due.

Yes. Thank you President Putin for finding a diplomatic solution to save the lives of innocent Syrian civilians.

Thank goodness we had the Republicans demanding that Obama and his war hawk actions were reined in. Now more children actually will not die because of American bombing.

Yeah, thank goodness for the Republicans :lol: What did Republicans do? Absolutely nothing.

This was an agreement between the Obama administration and Russia. Give credit where it's due.

Yer a fucking genius. Anybody ever tell you that?

The Executive Branch is SOLELY responsible for Foreign Policy. ONLY the Executive Branch can conduct Foreign Policy. I believe it is ILLEGAL for any other Branch to even ATTEMPT to conduct Foreign Policy unless directed to do so by the Executive.

You know, like the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defense, the Ambassador to the UN.....

Congress has no power to conduct Foreign Policy. None.

Zero.

Please don't bore me with the "Advise and Consent Clause" to the Constitution..

THINK then post

So are we going to stop arming and training the rebels due to this agreement? We still have unofficial war against Assad.

I doubt it. I just can't quite see the Islamic militants packing up their AKs and heading for home since they haven't achieved their goals yet. Haven't heard anything regarding the Saudis either. I guess people wanna believe that this was all about poison gas.

Forum List

Back