🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

Reuters, today 8/25

Syria offer to show chemical attack sites 'too late': U.S.

By Mark Felsenthal and Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON - A U.S. military response to alleged chemical weapons attacks in Syria appeared more likely after Washington dismissed the Syrian government's offer to allow U.N. inspection of the sites as "too late to be credible."

This means the US will strike, of course. We're saying we've already made up our minds that Assad gassed people, or at least we mean to make an example of him, even if he didn't.

It doesn't matter WHO gets punished, after all -- it matters that poison gas not get normalized into the arsenals of the world. They are all pretty useless over there, so who gets cruise missiled doesn't really matter: the lesson matters -- don't do that, naughty, naughty.

Disagree----the gas is a ruse. We want the regime gone and it's military decapitated.

Totally. Here's an interesting titbit.

US 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria, blame it on Assad govt': Report
http://in.news.yahoo.com/us-backed-plan-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-syria-045648224.html
London, Jan 30 (ANI): The Obama administration gave green signal to a chemical weapons attack plan in Syria that could be blamed on President Bashar al Assad's regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country, leaked documents have shown.

A new report, that contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence, showed a scheme 'approved by Washington'.

As per the scheme 'Qatar would fund rebel forces in Syria to use chemical weapons,' the Daily Mail reports.

Barack Obama made it clear to Syrian president Bashar al-Assad last month that the U.S. would not tolerate Syria using chemical weapons against its own people.

According to Infowars.com, the December 25 email was sent from Britam's Business Development Director David Goulding to company founder Philip Doughty.

The emails were released by a Malaysian hacker who also obtained senior executives resumes and copies of passports via an unprotected company server, according to Cyber War News.

According to the paper, the U.S. State Department has declined to comment on the matter. (ANI)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAMT5Pe15k#t=47]EMERGENCY ALERT: Latest Syrian Chemical Attack Follows History of False Flag Provocations - YouTube[/ame]

It does seem a bit suspicious that Assad would stage a massive gas attack while UN inspectors were there. That would be asking for trouble. Is he really that stupid?

It does seem a bit suspicious that Assad would stage a massive gas attack while UN inspectors were there. That would be asking for trouble. Is he really that stupid?

Nope but it doesn't matter. The west has decided that he must go. They aren't even going to bother with finding out who really used the gas. In fact the rebels have been caught using chemicals in the past and Syrian soldiers were killed.

Nope but it doesn't matter. The west has decided that he must go. They aren't even going to bother with finding out who really used the gas. In fact the rebels have been caught using chemicals in the past and Syrian soldiers were killed.

What's up with this insanity?

I'm already hitting all buttons up here to make sure that we don't sign on to this.

This is madness.

I'm watching Cameron and Obama side with AQ. Arming AQ.

Assad is not your average ME thug. No way on the planet did he gas those people.
Trying not to stroke out here (birthday weekend and partying down) BUT holy toledo this is crazy.

Why do they hate Assad so?

None of them have been in power long enough to hate him. Think about it.

Disagree----the gas is a ruse. We want the regime gone and it's military decapitated.

I think the Powers (Britain and USA) seriously don't want gas normalized, but I agree: it doesn't matter what REALLY happened now: time to pull this tooth. And at least they were Assad's weapons, whoever got hold of them and used them (and I guess I do believe the Doctors Without Borders who are saying three hospitals suddenly did treat a lot of gas victims).

The situation is now so bad that the world police may as well throw everything up in the air and see if anything that comes down can be made into an omelet. They gave Assad a couple years, but he can't make it happen. Time for a regime change in hopes the whole Mideast won't blow up in September, as opposed to next year. Next year is always better than now.

CNN, today 8/26

If the claims that Syria used chemical weapons prove true, a speedy response will be needed to prevent another such attack, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said.

Hagel's comments Friday came after a senior Defense Department official told CNN that military planners have updated Syrian target lists.

And it was disclosed that a fourth U.S. ship armed with cruise missiles has arrived in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.

Could be soon. I wonder if Obama will wait for Congress to return and ask them to debate it. Naaaaaaah....what am I thinking.

Pre- world war 2 sitting back may have been an option, since then its not.

Why is sitting back not an option any longer? Sure the world doesn't stand still. But who cares if it doesn't. We trade with who ever is in power. We should not seek to control others, nor who they choose to put in power.

I think I can answer that, and in agreement with Trajan.

Since WWII we have assumed the role of world policeman (for important countries and events, the Congo and such don't count) for a simple reason that has nothing to do with spreading The American Way.

It's because twice, in rapid succession, the world fell into the worst world wars ever in the history of humankind, killing tens and tens of millions each time, and both times we got dragged into them like it or not, kicking and screaming, and if we tried REAL hard to stay out, they simply attacked us (Pearl Harbor) and declared war on us (Hitler, the same week).

Now all that's starting up again, looks like to me. We would sure rather stop it short than have to stop it yet, yet again after it's raging everywhere!

I don't have a good feeling about it being stoppable at this point, by this lackluster and rather unintelligent administration, but that's just me.

I could understand that sentiment far more if the incidents that we were responding to represented incursions from one sovereign state to another but the reality is that is fairly rare. Instead, we are dealing directly with internal conflicts that have little to nothing to do with world war. If anything, we are weakening our ability to respond to a real threat by spreading ourselves out too thin to response to an actual conflict between nations.

I can accept that we needed to get involved in something like Iraq invading Kuwait. That was a case of actual war. Syria has zero chance in turning into a world war in of itself and arming the rebels there has no chance of changing that if it did.

Why is sitting back not an option any longer? Sure the world doesn't stand still. But who cares if it doesn't. We trade with who ever is in power. We should not seek to control others, nor who they choose to put in power.

I think I can answer that, and in agreement with Trajan.

Since WWII we have assumed the role of world policeman (for important countries and events, the Congo and such don't count) for a simple reason that has nothing to do with spreading The American Way.

It's because twice, in rapid succession, the world fell into the worst world wars ever in the history of humankind, killing tens and tens of millions each time, and both times we got dragged into them like it or not, kicking and screaming, and if we tried REAL hard to stay out, they simply attacked us (Pearl Harbor) and declared war on us (Hitler, the same week).

Now all that's starting up again, looks like to me. We would sure rather stop it short than have to stop it yet, yet again after it's raging everywhere!

I don't have a good feeling about it being stoppable at this point, by this lackluster and rather unintelligent administration, but that's just me.

I could understand that sentiment far more if the incidents that we were responding to represented incursions from one sovereign state to another but the reality is that is fairly rare. Instead, we are dealing directly with internal conflicts that have little to nothing to do with world war. If anything, we are weakening our ability to respond to a real threat by spreading ourselves out too thin to response to an actual conflict between nations.

I can accept that we needed to get involved in something like Iraq invading Kuwait. That was a case of actual war. Syria has zero chance in turning into a world war in of itself and arming the rebels there has no chance of changing that if it did.

I almost agree --- I wish Syrians just killed each other; they like to and why should we interfere?They are all our enemies. But you are wrong about it not spreading since it already is ----- it's spreading from Syria to Lebanon, and also to Hezbollah and into Israel, already shelling started last week. Turkey is much impacted by truly gigantic refugee camps and the Turks have started to go up in riots and explosions since Syria went up.

If it were just non-oil enemy Muslims killing each other peacefully inside their little sandpits, I too would not be worried. We weren't worried when it was just Tunisia, then "just" Egypt....but now it's a conflagration and a contagion, so that's more worrying.

I STILL don't care if horrible Muslims kill each other: enjoy! But these are ways it could impact us:

1. Israel gets hit and drawn in. (Isn't that the one everyone is most worried about?)
2. Iran decides to march on somebody. Or nuke Israel.
3. Pakistan goes up, with 180 million people, nukes, and a location in South Asia.
4. Afghanistan REALLY goes up because of some outrage that happens and we get a lot of troops killed before they can get out of there.
5. Saudi goes up and cannot ship our oil that is unfortunately under their sand!
6. Iraq goes up acutely rather than the chronic daily bombings no one cares about, except, presumably, all the people who get hurt and die in them and their relatives. Then what about the little oil they do manage to produce?

In short, if Muslims continue to peacefully kill each other, no one cares. But if they stop up our oil, or hit important allies such as Israel and India, or decide to kill all the Americans in Iraq or Afghanstan, could be a problem.

I expect it to spread. This is a conflagration.

It's like the Euro crisis. Maybe it doesn't seem big, but it is.

Last edited:
8/26 BEIRUT—United Nations weapons inspectors arrived at one of the sites of last week's presumed chemical weapons attacks outside Damascus, spurning U.S. calls for the team to stop their mission as American officials said they are inching closer to a decision for a military strike.

Whoa --- we're trying hard to get the UN team to pull out of there soonest!

Obama must be in a big hurry to launch those cruise missiles. He doesn't want the UN inspectors affected: is that because he wants to hit that very area?? No, probably he just wants the UN entirely out of the country when we hit it.

Tonight, I bet.

It's a web of manufactured lies. Assad didn't chem attack civilians. If you think he did I know where the Iraqi's are still keeping those Kuwaiti incubators.

How do you know? How do any of us know actually ?

1. It would be completely illogical for Assad to have done so.
2. The powers that be have provided no evidence.
3. The powers that be have said the same thing before.
4. U.S. history is replete with false flag bullshit.
5. The end goal for all of this mess is to secure Eurasia. To do so requires Iran. Blowing Syria to kingdom come weakens Iran, weakens Russia/China.

None of this has anything to do with chemical weapons.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfcceEkn_M]Leaked Documents: U.S. Framed Syria in Chemical Weapons Attack - YouTube[/ame]
I think you guys need to watch this video

Forum List

Back