Uh Oh, Melania's speech was plagiarized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should pop music be offlimits to republicans? It shouldn't be and we should be allowed to proclaim We Are The Champions!
Nobody's stopping you from proclaiming anything you want. You can even go write your own song titled We Are The Champions.

You just can't use Queen's song without permission.

Why should pop music be offlimits to republicans? It shouldn't be and we should be allowed to proclaim We Are The Champions!
Nobody's stopping you from proclaiming anything you want. You can even go write your own song titled We Are The Champions.

You just can't use Queen's song without permission.

--- and they're not gonna get it as long as they act like dicks. Can't have it both ways.

On an unrelated note, the Queen band organization is telling the RNC they can't use "we Are The Champions" all because they disagree with the Republicans. I say fuck them,. It should be fair use. I would like the GOP Congress and President Trump to revise the Copyright law to allow political organizations and their candidates to play any music in their meetings. A candidate or political organization shouldn't have to play "Chopsticks" to entertain and pump up the crowds. Barracuda was prevented to play when Sarah Palin was introduced. That's unfair. Conservatives purchase liberal groups CDs too, and don't steal it like liberals do.

Contact your Congressman and get this introduced.

Thanks.

Get what introduced? That intellectual property becomes public domain immediately?

Hey, Rump could work it into this plan --- "open up" copyright laws as well as free speech.

I'm sure he'll be right on that, since he likes eminent domain so much.

As for suing the news media for lying, I would go further and remove freedom of the press' clause. They are nothing but an arm of the democrat party. They Have failed We The People. Fuck 'em. They don't deserve special protection anymore.

Unfortunately he didn't say "lying"; he said "a hit piece which is a total a disgrace" and "horrible". Obviously there's no way to quantify that -- nor do they have squat to do with "libel", which is already illegal.

But at the very least (assuming he knows full well he can't do that), it demonstrates the depth of his dishonesty.

On an unrelated note, the Queen band organization is telling the RNC they can't use "we Are The Champions" all because they disagree with the Republicans. I say fuck them,. It should be fair use. I would like the GOP Congress and President Trump to revise the Copyright law to allow political organizations and their candidates to play any music in their meetings. A candidate or political organization shouldn't have to play "Chopsticks" to entertain and pump up the crowds. Barracuda was prevented to play when Sarah Palin was introduced. That's unfair. Conservatives purchase liberal groups CDs too, and don't steal it like liberals do.

Thanks.

Get what introduced? That intellectual property becomes public domain immediately?

Hey, Rump could work it into this plan --- "open up" copyright laws as well as free speech.

Besides --- there are so many other songs Rump could use for walk-in music.... starting with:

The theme from Hair :rock:
  • Carly Simon: You're So Vain
  • Ringo Starr: I Am the Greatest
  • Human League: Don't You Want Me
  • Wannadees: I Love Myself
  • Fingers (that itself is appropriate): Don't Want No Short Dickie Man
  • Chuck Berry: My Ding a LIng
  • Jimmy Reed: Big Boss Man
  • Sue Thompson: Paper Tiger
  • Beatles: I Me Mine
  • Any bluegrass band playing Orange Blossom Special
  • Special spoken-word bit from Sally Field going "you like me, you really like me!"
---- and of course, the title that doubles as the code name for the schedule of events at the Convention --- the theme from
Clockwork Orange

I tell ya, RNC should hire me to DJ. I'd make it memorable.

I'd throw in Vikki Carr doing "It Must Be Him" just because (a) it's her birthday today, and (b) --- she's Mexican.
giggle.gif
Have to work in Joan Baez and Carlos Santana too. Jingo-lo-ba would work well..... :eusa_think:

I will admit that post is a great comeback and you gave it some good thought. Only thing is. republicans would not be allowed to play those songs at their convention. That's why we need to change Copyright laws and exempt politicians. If artist don't like it, they can stop wring songs.

Thanks.

Besides --- there are so many other songs Rump could use for walk-in music.... starting with:

The theme from Hair :rock:
  • Carly Simon: You're So Vain
  • Ringo Starr: I Am the Greatest
  • Human League: Don't You Want Me
  • Wannadees: I Love Myself
  • Fingers (that itself is appropriate): Don't Want No Short Dickie Man
  • Chuck Berry: My Ding a LIng
  • Jimmy Reed: Big Boss Man
  • Sue Thompson: Paper Tiger
  • Beatles: I Me Mine
  • Any bluegrass band playing Orange Blossom Special
  • Special spoken-word bit from Sally Field going "you like me, you really like me!"
---- and of course, the title that doubles as the code name for the schedule of events at the Convention --- the theme from
Clockwork Orange

I tell ya, RNC should hire me to DJ. I'd make it memorable.

I'd throw in Vikki Carr doing "It Must Be Him" just because (a) it's her birthday today, and (b) --- she's Mexican.
giggle.gif
Have to work in Joan Baez and Carlos Santana too. Jingo-lo-ba would work well..... :eusa_think:

I will admit that post is a great comeback and you gave it some good thought. Only thing is. republicans would not be allowed to play those songs at their convention. That's why we need to change Copyright laws and exempt politicians. If artist don't like it, they can stop wring songs.

Thank you. I enjoy assembling music themes.

It's not that "Republicans would not be allowed to play those songs" --- it's rather that the individual artists/copyright holders have generally (one might say overwhelmingly) nixed the idea, in their case. That's got a lot to do with the politics involved and the strategy of the politician to identify themselves with that particular sensibility --- but there's already a reason that sensibility does not identify with that politician.

For the artists, the presence of their music at a particular event implies an endorsement or at least some kind of tacit unity. That too works both ways. For some politicians they're happy to be there. But for a politician to represent himself as embodying the sensibility of, in this case, Queen, is dishonest if Queen doesn't agree with them. That's essentially putting a position in the artists' mouth.

But you can't just declare "artists should quit writing songs" or that it immediately becomes public domain. That's some kind of communism.

Well this thread sure shows us how easily duped the sheep are by the media.........so many matrix dwellers on this thread.

fuckkng duh.......a billion other first ladies have basically said the same speech, almost word for word. They are symbolic words when describing the concept of character........what a bunch of dolts.:boobies::boobies::boobies::bye1:

Also wondering looking through these threads.........my God......what American male can be denigrating Melania? WTF? Appears the feminists have done their job the last 40 years and done it well.........we have hordes of American males out there that gladly give away the pants and become content with fiddling with the knobby cucumber.:gay::gay:

ghey

Have a blast at the Honda Prius car show this weekend!!!! :2up::gay::gay:

Do you have any idea how stupid you look whining about Bush for things that Obama has done more of?

Obama has never invaded and occupied a Muslim nation with 200,000 U.S. Ground Troops that was no threat to anyone's security with the UN inspectors verifying Iraq was disarmed of WMD at the time of the invasion.

So there is another lie from you.

Obama has launched no ground invasion into a sovereign country in defiance of the UN and had no plan to follow the toppling of the government. Huge mistake. You have nominated the man who called Bush a liar to get us into his war.

xactly what I meant by :lalala:
Thanks for confirming.
First Lady to be Trump didn't plagiarize, so your video is a lie. Thanks for playing.

Whelp -- it's a "lie" in that the only two people in it are Simka Melania and her source, Michelle O'bama.
Guess which one is 8 years old and which was delivered last night.
It's not plagiarism to speak words wth common themes. Moo-shell didn't copyright "your word is your bond."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back