Ultimatum: Shutdown unless Obamacare delayed

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
YAY! Boehner throws down the gauntlet to "President I am King and won't negotiate Obama".

This is testicular fortitude at its finest.

Shutdown looms larger after GOP move on Obamacare

AND for all you assholes that keep saying that it's the Tea Partiers and the Conservatives driving this only I want you to think about this.

What Republican ran in 2012 on a Pro Obamacare, Pro raise the debt ceiling, Pro increase taxes platform?

What Republican is going to run in 2014 on a Pro Obamacare, Pro raise the debt ceiling, Pro increase taxes platform?

“We’ve had enough of the disunity in our party,” Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told the meeting of House Republicans Saturday afternoon.

“The headlines are Republicans fighting Republicans.

This will unite us. This protects the people who sent us here from Obamacare.”

House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said it would be the “fastest whip check in history,” as every member raised their hand, saying they would support the bill.

Government shutdown: Shutdown looms larger after GOP move on Obamacare - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
Just a note on fortitude.

You know that Democrats screw around on purpose because they're counting on Republicans correcting them, right?

If Republicans don't, then they're first to suffer. That's the point about universal health care too. Make the responsible pay to afford the irresponsible.

That's why you usually hear from Democrats, "You have to prove me wrong." They're intentionally engaging in abuse of process to expect Republicans to ball up.

On the other hand, they make fun of Republicans for being idiots who don't get sarcasm...

...but if Republicans decide to play along and make jokes, Democrats say Republicans aren't taking them seriously.

The other thing is that Republicans become so bent on correcting Democrats that Republicans forget how to be creative thinkers. Instead, of being the constructive party, Republicans become the obstructive party.

I don't mean to be a knowitall, but I'm just saying that focusing on "balling up" is exactly what Democrats want. It plays right into their hand. Yes, Republicans need to stand up for what's right, but there's more to it than that.

YAY! Boehner throws down the gauntlet to "President I am King and won't negotiate Obama".

AND for all you assholes that keep saying that it's the Tea Partiers and the Conservatives driving this only I want you to think about this.

What Republican ran in 2012 on a Pro Obamacare, Pro raise the debt ceiling, Pro increase taxes platform?

What Republican is going to run in 2014 on a Pro Obamacare, Pro raise the debt ceiling, Pro increase taxes platform?

“We’ve had enough of the disunity in our party,” Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told the meeting of House Republicans Saturday afternoon.

House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said it would be the “fastest whip check in history,” as every member raised their hand, saying they would support the bill.

Government shutdown: Shutdown looms larger after GOP move on Obamacare - POLITICO.com

Good for them! I did read they have a bill that will pay the military in case of a shutdown.

If Obamacare is so bad, than why all the fuss from Republicans about shutting down gov't over it?

How does incurring the wrath of their people back home help score them points on Obamacare?

If Obamacare is a failure, than why not just stand back and watch it fail, and then reap the rewards?

Republicans were rightly blamed for the 1995 shutdown, and they'll be blamed for this one, too, in fact they've already been pre-blamed for their shenanigans and posturing so far.

But why should the military get paid if other federal workers don't? Fair question.

Because a helluva lot of the federal workers are considered non-essential and the military is essential. Make a list of the federal workers that are classified non-essential the next time there is a big snow storm in DC. And make a list of the military that maintains order with their presence.

If Obamacare is so bad, than why all the fuss from Republicans about shutting down gov't over it?

How does incurring the wrath of their people back home help score them points on Obamacare?

If Obamacare is a failure, than why not just stand back and watch it fail, and then reap the rewards?

Republicans were rightly blamed for the 1995 shutdown, and they'll be blamed for this one, too, in fact they've already been pre-blamed for their shenanigans and posturing so far.

I do not need to watch someone pour gasoline on the floor and light a blunt to know it's a bad idea...and would rather stop him BEFORE he lights up!

House Republicans will vote to pass a one-year delay of Obamacare in exchange for funding the government, a plan that drastically increases the chances of a government shutdown this Tuesday.

In which case there’ll be a shutdown.

And that the OP somehow takes ‘pleasure’ from the prospect of a government shutdown is an indication of her partisan idiocy.

This is a sad and serious development, not a cause for ‘joy,’ where a shutdown might be damaging to the economy, and if that does happen it will be the sole responsibility of republican.

the amazing thing is that you still buy this crock of shit. This is literally how stupid you are. He doesnt mean this at all and he will deal eventually.

Christ get a fucking brain.

When military paychecks stop going out and the nuts in the GOP realize they're being blamed for it,

the GOP will surrender.

No they won't.

The decision was announced by the GOP leadership in a closed meeting Saturday afternoon, according to sources present. Republicans will also pass a separate bill to fund U.S. troops if the government shuts down, GOP lawmakers said.

I hope they won't. Surrender.

This is an example of the OP’s partisan idiocy.

The ACA was passed by both Houses of Congress in accordance with the Constitution, signed into law by the president in accordance with the Constitution, and upheld as indeed Constitutional by the highest Court in the land.

This is solely a matter for Congress to again address if it so desires, separate and apart from issues concerning funding the government or paying the government’s bills; where a president cannot be compelled nor expected to ‘negotiate’ concerning legislation lawfully enacted and implemented, and affirmed as Constitutional by the courts.

When military paychecks stop going out and the nuts in the GOP realize they're being blamed for it,

the GOP will surrender.

Amazing! Less that twenty years after the GOP slashed their throat....they do it again!:eek:

House Republicans will vote to pass a one-year delay of Obamacare in exchange for funding the government, a plan that drastically increases the chances of a government shutdown this Tuesday.

In which case there’ll be a shutdown.

And that the OP somehow takes ‘pleasure’ from the prospect of a government shutdown is an indication of her partisan idiocy.

This is a sad and serious development, not a cause for ‘joy,’ where a shutdown might be damaging to the economy, and if that does happen it will be the sole responsibility of republican.

Damn straight I'm partisan. I'm a conservative.

And if you are going to go all high and mighty on me as a progressive and tell me that Senator Reid and his cronies, or Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi aren't hyper partisan along with every D in the House and Senate well you can kiss my ass.

Republicans are living up to their campaign promises to their voters.

I can't figure out for the life of me how progressives think that R's aren't responsible to their constituents and should just roll over and do what a Democrat wants.

Can you name me which Republicans either in Congress or the Senate ran on a platform of pro Obamacare or pro raising the debt ceiling or pro increasing taxes?

Because those persons if you can name them have every right to vote with Democrats. But none of the others can or should.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Forum List

Back