UN: Obama’s Drone Program Violates International Law

Like we have been dropping bombs and missiles on terrorist for the past 15 years. What is the difference?

Oh'yes we're not risking pilots and special forces to do it.

... and?

I think it's effing awesome!

I agree with you ;) Sadly the republicans have to score political points with our troops lives. See they believe every plane needs a pilot to be blown out of the sky with.

Why are you such a hyper partisan all the sudden? Is this a permanent change or are you bipolar or schizophrenic? Last year you were making these same dumbass statements only against the dems.

You have 0 credibility

... and?

I think it's effing awesome!

I agree with you ;) Sadly the republicans have to score political points with our troops lives. See they believe every plane needs a pilot to be blown out of the sky with.

Why are you such a hyper partisan all the sudden? Is this a permanent change or are you bipolar or schizophrenic? Last year you were making these same dumbass statements only against the dems.

You have 0 credibility

I've been for killing terrorist for the past 14+ years. Haven't moved a inch ;) Are you schizophrenic? I ask this as people like you were screaming at Obama for being too soft on the terrorist not too many years ago.

The thread title says:

UN: Obama’s Drone Program Violates International Law

but the content of the 'supporting' article says:

"A United Nations investigation has so far identified 33 drone strikes around the world that have resulted in civilian casualties and may have violated international humanitarian law....

and

“While the fact that civilians have been killed or injured does not necessarily point to a violation of international humanitarian law, it undoubtedly raises issues of accountability and transparency,” the study notes."

Why is it so hard for posters to be honest on this forum?

Sorry, "The Guardian" is not a definitive source for such a matter.

Yes, the OP used the source - it does not mean that the source is correct.

Incidentally, I can say that another country "violated" international law, but what kind of admonishment is that? Who makes that particular call?

The Hague, Netherlands. Where the World Court is.
Are people really that ditzy? The first thing you have to ask yourselves is what makes law. The answer would be the ability to enforce it, otherwise it is an exersize in futility.

You have 0 credibility

I've been for killing terrorist for the past 14+ years. Haven't moved a inch ;) Are you schizophrenic? I ask this as people like you were screaming at Obama for being too soft on the terrorist not too many years ago.

Trying terrorists in CIVILIAN court is soft. Drawing red lines in the sand and then doing nothing is soft. Bitching about Bush's programs then continuing them is soft.

Obama is soft & you are a moron

You have 0 credibility

Trying terrorists in CIVILIAN court is soft. Drawing red lines in the sand and then doing nothing is soft. Bitching about Bush's programs then continuing them is soft.

You hate Obama and rightfully so that you can't give him credit for one piece of his policy that's clearly RIGHT.

I hate that he made our country look weak with the red line. This set America's power within the world back a few decades.
I hate trying terrorist in CIVIAN COURTs and calling clear terrorist(fort hood) attacks job related accidents.

I supported Bush's programs it appears that Obama couldn't do any better then agree on some of them. This just shows just how baseless many of the arguments the left had against Bush.

The same could be said about the rights arguments out of blind anger.

Last edited:

You hate Obama and rightfully so where you can't give him credit for one piece of his policy that's clearly RIGHT.

I hate that he made our country look weak with the red line. This set America's power within the world back a few decades.
I hate trying terrorist in CIVIAN COURTs and calling clear terrorist(fort hood) attacks job related accidents.

I supported Bush's programs it appears that Obama couldn't do any better then agree on some of them. This just shows just how baseless many of the arguments the left had against Bush.

The same could be said about the rights arguments out of blind anger.

You are so utterly & completely brain dead. I CLEARLY stated on the first page that I support this.

But to you one solitary policy defines a presidents sternness.

Seek help son, you need it.

Bammy.....
1) Dead Somali Pirates
2) Dead Bin Laden
3) Scores of dead Terrorists via drones

All good.

You have 0 credibility

The civilian courts have a better terrorist conviction record than the military courts.

Syria is giving up its chemical weapons.

Bush's program was a quagmire in Iraq. We're out of that now, thanks to President Obama.

The civilian courts have a better terrorist conviction record than the military courts.

Bush's program was a quagmire in Iraq. We're out of that now, thanks to President Obama.

Terrorists are not criminals.

Thank Putin.

Thank BUSH'S time line for withdrawal.

Thank Putin.

If Putin is solely the credit for getting Syria to disarm, why didn't he do it BEFORE Obama laid down the law?

Thank Putin.

If terrorists aren't criminals, how can they tried in any criminal court?

Thank Putin.

If terrorists aren't criminals, how can they tried in any criminal court?

By twisting the purpose of the criminal court process. Just like when the Black Panthers got away with a FEDERAL criminal offense without being charged.

Thank Putin.

If Putin is solely the credit for getting Syria to disarm, why didn't he do it BEFORE Obama laid down the law?

Obama bungled Syria so badly that Putin would have been a fool to not seize the appearance of being the top diplomat.

Thank Putin.

A timeline that would not have been followed through on if John McCain had been elected.

Mitt Romney also objected to Obama's carrying out the Iraq withdrawal.

So once again thank you President Obama.

Interesting------but there is no such thing as international law.

Not sure where you are coming from, as I understand there certainly is international law. Most of which is not compulsory but law none the less.

I guess the real question is, are we still at war? Were we ever actually in a declared war? If there is no international law then what were the 9/11 hijackers guilty of? Was it merely a civil offense of murder? If so then what was the justification for war with Afghanistan?

Any way there are people that argue the case both ways. Here is an interesting article:

PolitiFact | Do drone attacks comply with international law?

Thank Putin.

A timeline that would not have been followed through on if John McCain had been elected.

Mitt Romney also objected to Obama's carrying out the Iraq withdrawal.

So once again thank you President Obama.

Provide a link that at least hints at what you are saying is true. Romney would have closed gitmo by now.

Forum List

Back