UN: US inequality reaching a dangerous level due to Trump's 'cruel' measures

img20161204083709712473836.jpg

agree or disagree?

~S~

Disagree. Of course when you raise taxes, those will "trickle down" to you. If you give tax breaks, those will tend to "trickle down" to you in the form of the businesses expanding and creating MORE jobs and MORE opportunity.

This thread shows how ill informed the republican/conservative mind is. So much mis information has been said for so long and so loud they believe it all. I lived through the Booooosh economic depression and the recovery that Barack manifested. There should be some law that states conservative ideals are illegal and to be rejected.

Tell us just what polices did obongo

enact that did all you claim…………….
2 questions for you Deno
What`s an obongo and how old are you? Your posts indicate a single digit age as well as IQ.

CEOs make a lot more money than your average worker at a company because they put SO MUCH into that company. A CEO isn't a job where you just clock out at the end of the day and then go have dinner and watch the kids play soccer. It is a 24-hour job. You have to basically be a workaholic in order to be a successful CEO. They put their blood, sweat and tears into the company to make it successful! Now that is not "inequality."

They are also held responsible for the failures and successes of the respective company they are running. It ALL rests on their shoulders. They have a lot more work, a lot more hours and a lot more stress than your hourly paid employees.

agree or disagree?

~S~

If you empower the government to pick the winners and losers ...
It only becomes more accessible for someone else to decide you should be the loser ... :thup:

We need to stop letting the government handicap the results to favor anyone in particular.
The working class has no more Constitutional rights to wealth and opportunity than anyone else.

What kind of "economic policies" to make people "rich" (who probably don't put in the work to be rich to begin with) do you think Berndog has in mind? :D

So, I start up a company by taking out a loan, and I work hard, many, many hours a day to keep my company afloat. I also put in much of my own money right back into this company because it is very EXPENSIVE to run a company and getting more and more expensive by the day thanks to liberal anti-friendly business environment. Now, Joe Schmuck down the street, who quit school, had 6 kids by 6 different moms (and he married NONE Of them), is angry because he is poor and I am rich, and the leftists agree that I have too much and need to give Joe Schmuck some of MY hard earned money? Yeah, I don't think so, schmucks.

the UN is a bunch of idiots---read some history
...you're right--the US needs to stop giving so much $$$$$ to the wasteful, stupid UN and use it to help America..Trump is doing the CORRECT thing--your post is ironic

Source: The Guardian

Donald Trump is deliberately forcing millions of Americans into financial ruin, cruelly depriving them of food and other basic protections while lavishing vast riches on the super-wealthy, the United Nations monitor on poverty has warned.

Philip Alston, the UN special rapporteur who acts as a watchdog on extreme poverty around the world, has issued a withering critique of the state of America today. Trump is steering the country towards a “dramatic change of direction” that is rewarding the rich and punishing the poor by blocking access even to the most meager necessities.

“This is a systematic attack on America’s welfare program that is undermining the social safety net for those who can’t cope on their own. Once you start removing any sense of government commitment, you quickly move into cruelty,” Alston told the Guardian.

Millions of Americans already struggling to make ends meet faced “ruination”, he warned. “If food stamps and access to Medicaid are removed, and housing subsidies cut, then the effect on people living on the margins will be drastic.”

Read more: Trump's 'cruel' measures pushing US inequality to dangerous level, UN warns

Anyone that isn't rich should think twice before they ever vote republican again! I am dead serious.
It is constantly amazing that the 'rich' have not learned the lessons of history and continue to push things to a breaking point, one that will break bad for them even more than for the rest of us.

Donald Trump is deliberately forcing millions of Americans into financial ruin, cruelly depriving them of food and other basic protections while lavishing vast riches on the super-wealthy, the United Nations monitor on poverty has warned.

Philip Alston, the UN special rapporteur who acts as a watchdog on extreme poverty around the world, has issued a withering critique of the state of America today. Trump is steering the country towards a “dramatic change of direction” that is rewarding the rich and punishing the poor by blocking access even to the most meager necessities.

“This is a systematic attack on America’s welfare program that is undermining the social safety net for those who can’t cope on their own. Once you start removing any sense of government commitment, you quickly move into cruelty,” Alston told the Guardian.

Millions of Americans already struggling to make ends meet faced “ruination”, he warned. “If food stamps and access to Medicaid are removed, and housing subsidies cut, then the effect on people living on the margins will be drastic.”

Read more: Trump's 'cruel' measures pushing US inequality to dangerous level, UN warns

Anyone that isn't rich should think twice before they ever vote republican again! I am dead serious.
It is constantly amazing that the 'rich' have not learned the lessons of history and continue to push things to a breaking point, one that will break bad for them even more than for the rest of us.

How so? Most people are "rich" because they work hard to get there. What makes you think you are deserving of anything I have earned? What price are you threatening that I pay because you are not rich?

agree or disagree?

~S~

Disagree. Of course when you raise taxes, those will "trickle down" to you. If you give tax breaks, those will tend to "trickle down" to you in the form of the businesses expanding and creating MORE jobs and MORE opportunity.

You are arguing with someone who indicates the idea that trickle down economics doesn't work.

Then ... They protest that the government is corrupt and favors corporations over the people ...
Enforcing the idea taxation and government redistribution accomplishes nothing different as far as results are concerned.

Sooner or later they are going to figure out the only constant in the two equations is government policy ...
And who they want to trust in saving them from themselves ... :thup:

What is stopping you from taking a loan, opening a business and making your own money?

Jobs are created by markets that require products and services.
No company or corporation is in business to create jobs.
Capitalism is not something that was invented; it just developed. It is a way of doing things. There are many alternatives.
Human concern for humans would assure that any chosen system would work.

agree or disagree?

~S~

You are arguing with someone who indicates the idea that trickle down economics doesn't work.

Then ... They protest that the government is corrupt and favors corporations over the people ...
Enforcing the idea taxation and government redistribution accomplishes nothing different as far as results are concerned.

Sooner or later they are going to figure out the only constant in the two equations is government policy ... :thup:

If they were smart enough to realize what they were actually saying, then they would realize that they are just trying to screw themselves harder! :113: Not surprising that none of them are rich and think the world is "unfair" to them. :abgg2q.jpg:

Capitalism is not something that was invented; it just developed. It is a way of doing things. There are many alternatives.

Without the businesses to create the products that people want or need, then you have NO jobs and NO products. :D Lol. You can't help humans who won't help themselves. What is stopping you from taking a loan and opening a business?

How so? Most people are "rich" because they work hard to get there. What makes you think you are deserving of anything I have earned? What price are you threatening that I pay because you are not rich?
You obviously have my post confused with something that you want to say.

Human concern for humans. That is where charities are created.

What is stopping you from taking a loan, opening a business and making your own money?
Not that it's any of your business, but, "been there; done that".

Forum List

Back