🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

UnAmerican: Starbucks Pledges To Hire 10k Refugees In Response To Trump's Executive Order

Isnt that against PA laws anyways?

Got a link to say it's illegal? I thought companies had a choice in who they did and didn't hire.
Prohibited Practices
They don't but I wish they did. You SHOULD be able to hire whoever you want.

Your link says that they can't discriminate on the basis of religion, but it says nothing about being favorable towards one or the other. Yeah, I know, if you favor one group over the other, that could possibly be considered discrimination against the others, but you would have to prove the bias against everyone else but Muslims to get it through the courts successfully.

Besides...............Starbucks is a world wide company, with many stores in many other countries. I think that the majority of the hiring is going to be in those countries so that they don't face as much backlash in this country.

Isnt that against PA laws anyways?

Got a link to say it's illegal? I thought companies had a choice in who they did and didn't hire.
Prohibited Practices
They don't but I wish they did. You SHOULD be able to hire whoever you want.

Your link says that they can't discriminate on the basis of religion, but it says nothing about being favorable towards one or the other. Yeah, I know, if you favor one group over the other, that could possibly be considered discrimination against the others, but you would have to prove the bias against everyone else but Muslims to get it through the courts successfully.

Besides...............Starbucks is a world wide company, with many stores in many other countries. I think that the majority of the hiring is going to be in those countries so that they don't face as much backlash in this country.
It is illegal for an employer to publish a job advertisement that shows a preference for or discourages someone from applying for a job because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
It is also illegal for an employer to recruit new employees in a way that discriminates against them because of their race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
It is illegal for an employer to discriminate against a job applicant because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. For example, an employer may not refuse to give employment applications to people of a certain race.

View attachment 109560

BREAKING: Starbucks Stocks PLUMMET After Company Refuses Americans...

All I can say is GOOD!! Turn on Americans this is the result just like Target, just like home depot keeping messing with American's sooner or later you will sink right along with all your millions.
As of 1:51pm, SBUX is down less than is the S&P.

Info Wars isn't real news. It's a conspiracy/whacko site.

Using it as a news site is a really, really bad idea.

reverset those thoughts onto yourself FOOL ur A fkn moron this ISN'T EVEN FROM INFOWARS.. THAT IS HOW YOU IDIOTS SO SEVERELY PROVE WHAT REAL FKN MORONS YOU ARE ......................................

YOU ASSUME JACKASS ASSUME BEFORE GOING TO THE INFORMATION...
Ah, so it's from another, InfoWars-like site that didn't even think to compare how SBUX is doing versus the market before posting such an ignorant "news" story.

There sure are quite a few of those now.

Ever notice how idiots like you are the only ones who have no debate skills other than to use a source as your only method of DENIAL? Oh wait you lack the ability of critical thinking skills so of course you wouldn't notice how weak you are to use the MESSENGER as you're argument , and i'm pretty sure cowards do the same thing. Like the liberal loser who beat the shit out of a Trump protester you are all the same. Fkn morons.
Fact:

As I write this, SBUX is out-performing the S&P 500 after their announcement.

In contrast to the celebratory "story" you posted.

Fact.

Thoughts?

upload_2017-1-30_12-11-59.png

Employment Situation of Veterans Summary

America, where we care more about illegal immigrants and refugees than our homeless Vets ???????????????? #boycottstarbucks #faketears #reasonstoprotestpic.twitter.com/99P4u1fr94

Even if he hadn't said that, Starbuck's sales will suffer. Can we trust them not to poison us infidels? A disquieting thought that will go through people's minds when they start seeing nothing but muslims every time they go in a Starbuck's.

View attachment 109568

Employment Situation of Veterans Summary

America, where we care more about illegal immigrants and refugees than our homeless Vets ???????????????? #boycottstarbucks #faketears #reasonstoprotestpic.twitter.com/99P4u1fr94

Like I said, they have lots of stores overseas and will probably fill the jobs in other countries rather than the US, so that they don't have backlash against them like what you are trying to jinn up.

And yeah, you're right, the numbers on their website DO change on a regular basis. Mainly because they keep expanding, they have to change the numbers of stores to reflect what they actually have.

View attachment 109560

All I can say is GOOD!! Turn on Americans this is the result just like Target, just like home depot keeping messing with American's sooner or later you will sink right along with all your millions.

Agreed. Watching the day's trades, it appears it's currently down about 0.64%. Not exactly the Great Depression.

SBUX : Summary for Starbucks Corporation - Yahoo Finance

FWIW, while I agree about focusing on hiring vets, Starbucks is an international company with about 240,000 employees and 25000 stores worldwide. 10,000 refugees hired over the next 5 years sounds big but it's a bullshit number since that's 2,000/year, far less than their annual employee turnover rate of 65%.

EDIT NUMBER OF STORES. It appears they average about 10 employees per store.

Last edited:
Even if he hadn't said that, Starbuck's sales will suffer. Can we trust them not to poison us infidels? A disquieting thought that will go through people's minds when they start seeing nothing but muslims every time they go in a Starbuck's.

Thank you, their sales will suffer because they are still screwing the American worker.. They will put immigrants before the American's who apply.
WTF can't ppl get it through their heads just because they think fairly in life doesn't mean BIG CORPORATIONS do this. They do not take humans little feelings into account. They hire where the biggest kick backs are for them and if that means hiring non American's they will do it.

In the end this means AMERICAN WILL NOT GET HIRED... Jesus Cripe.

View attachment 109560

reverset those thoughts onto yourself FOOL ur A fkn moron this ISN'T EVEN FROM INFOWARS.. THAT IS HOW YOU IDIOTS SO SEVERELY PROVE WHAT REAL FKN MORONS YOU ARE ......................................

YOU ASSUME JACKASS ASSUME BEFORE GOING TO THE INFORMATION...
Ah, so it's from another, InfoWars-like site that didn't even think to compare how SBUX is doing versus the market before posting such an ignorant "news" story.

There sure are quite a few of those now.

Ever notice how idiots like you are the only ones who have no debate skills other than to use a source as your only method of DENIAL? Oh wait you lack the ability of critical thinking skills so of course you wouldn't notice how weak you are to use the MESSENGER as you're argument , and i'm pretty sure cowards do the same thing. Like the liberal loser who beat the shit out of a Trump protester you are all the same. Fkn morons.
Fact:

As I write this, SBUX is out-performing the S&P 500 after their announcement.

In contrast to the celebratory "story" you posted.

Fact.

Thoughts?

Take notice the date is only to the 27th today is the 30th ...................Obviously the drop is not showing just yet.

upload_2017-1-30_12-29-0.png

Starbucks Corporation - Stock Information - Stock Quote & Stock Chart

I don't buy anything there anymore... got tired of waiting online for 10 minutes to get a black coffee while some Snowflake orders an iced. mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk.

I don't buy anything there anymore... got tired of waiting online for 10 minutes to get a black coffee while some Snowflake orders an iced. mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk.

Dunkin Donuts has better coffe imo

Ummmm..................hate to tell you, but Starbucks isn't hiring 10,000 Muslims in their stores in this country, it's what they are going to do WORLDWIDE. Chances of it making any major impact on jobs in this country is small.

HATE TO TELL YOU THE MAJORITY OF STAR BUCKS IS US BASED, How many Star bucks do you think are sitting in Africa omfg... or Iraq, ... Japan how about hardly any.

Here................from the Starbucks website.......................

With more than 24,000 stores in 70 countries, it’s clear that our passion for great coffee, genuine service and community connection transcends language and culture.

We knew we were onto something when we decided to open our first international coffeehouse in Tokyo back in 1996. The response was extraordinary, and to this day we’re still amazed by how warmly our coffeeshops have been embraced by millions of people around the world.

International Stores | Starbucks Coffee Company

And, considering that the first international store was opened in Tokyo, I'd say that Japan has a Starbucks or two.

Kay you got me on that one, what's his name up there had me pissed. =)

Yeah... hell, McDonald's is pretty good too. Starbucks is wayyyy to hipster dufus for my tastes. I was even berated because I ordered a "medium" instead of a "venti" Fucking douchenozzles.

Yeah... hell, McDonald's is pretty good too. Starbucks is wayyyy to hipster dufus for my tastes. I was even berated because I ordered a "medium" instead of a "venti" Fucking douchenozzles.

Were you berated because of the size coffee you ordered, or was it because you brought your chickens into the store with you, you dumb hillbilly?

Forum List

Back