Zone1 Unbeliever: You Are Responsible

No, what really happened was the hebrews wanted their land slaughtered them, and then made up stories about them being evil, and how God wanted the Hebrews to control the land.

Something very similar happened in the united states. It was called manifest destiny. All the american Ministers would preach that the united states was destined to control all of north america, And demonized the native americans as evil to justify killing them and taking their land.

More often than not it's that those societies were frankly atrocious, rather like ours. As in child sacrifice. see: abortion.

If you believe the Bible is the "truth" then you have to believe your god committed the single most heinous act of mass murder ever.

You know the one where he murdered all the people but for a few people of a single family and all the animal and plant life in the great flood.

Must be comforting to know that everyone living today is the product of familial incest right?

Spoiler alert:

God will "kill" us all. Every single one of us, bar none.

I find it interesting that you've invested so many posts and therefore, so much time on this thread. You don't believe-fine. Why waste your time here?

You're seriously mad about it. Why?

More often than not it's that those societies were frankly atrocious, rather like ours. As in child sacrifice. see: abortion.
Do you have any sources that say any of those societies Did any of the things that the hebrews claim they did?

The romans used to claim that the Carthaginians ate children. It wasn't true.

I don't trust claims made by one group about that groups enemies., unless there is third part information that collaborates it.

Spoiler alert:

God will "kill" us all. Every single one of us, bar none.

I find it interesting that you've invested so many posts and therefore, so much time on this thread. You don't believe-fine. Why waste your time here?

You're seriously mad about it. Why?
I do not believe the bible is anything but a man made story

and I neither believe nor disbelieve in gods.

I don't know if gods exist because there is no evidence to support the theory that they do.

And why is it you religious people have to attach emotions to arguments all the time?

I spent a lot of time reading all kinds of philosophies when I was young and the Bible never rang true in any sense to me other than in the places it borrowed philosophies from other people.

The problem I have with the religious types like you is your air of superiority and your penchant for telling people that don't believe what you do that they are somehow beneath you and you have to tell them the "right" way.

Just look at this thread you created.

Do you have any sources that say any of those societies Did any of the things that the hebrews claim they did?

The romans used to claim that the Carthaginians ate children. It wasn't true.

I don't trust claims made by one group about that groups enemies., unless there is third part information that collaborates it.

Bronze Age Mesopotamia

Carthage

The High Place of Sacrifice at Amman

If you believe the Bible is the "truth" then you have to believe your god committed the single most heinous act of mass murder ever.

You know the one where he murdered all the people but for a few people of a single family and all the animal and plant life in the great flood.

Must be comforting to know that everyone living today is the product of familial incest right?
Or, you can see allegory and metaphor where man incorrectly attributed an act to god. Or you can see this as a retelling of very similar stories in antiquity.
But, you're ignoring my point entirely.

Or, you can see allegory and metaphor where man incorrectly attributed an act to god. Or you can see this as a retelling of very similar stories in antiquity.
But, you're ignoring my point entirely.
So then you are telling me the bible isn't actually the word of your god and that the stories in it are just made up by men just like Aesop's Fables.

So then you are telling me the bible isn't actually the word of your god and that the stories in it are just made up by men just like Aesop's Fables.
Maybe. Again, Jesus never required a belief in the "Bible" as we see today to be a disciple. Period.
If the first century Church didn't have a bible, then why are so many Christians today so adamant that they have to believe that the Bible is absolutely the word of god? They don't, period.

IMO the OT, the Pentateuch, Septuagint are for Jews. The warmongering, murdering God of the OT was the wrong interpretation of God and the jews incorrectly attributed their military feats to God. Jesus on the other hand is the antithesis of the OT God and revealed who God is. Jesus wasn't the military leader that would over throw Rome and usher in the Kingdom. Instead he was the sacrificial lamb who chose to usurp the law and chose love, compassion, humility and mercy. The God on the cross is the true example of God.

Therefore, the Gospels are the truest and most accurate account of Jesus and his ministry. A belief in Jesus is all that is required. It's fairly simple actually. And because of that, a Christian doesn't have to try and defend the jewish scriptures and those OT stories. This is why I have a hard time finding any church to be a part of because what I believe is not found anywhere.

Hope that makes sense.

Bronze Age Mesopotamia

Carthage

The High Place of Sacrifice at Amman

You do realize that there is plenty iof evidence that the Hebrews practiced human sacrfice as well right? You won't find it mentioned in the bible, but there is plenty of evidence that they safriced humans and not just animals.

86 Human Sacrifices in Israel Part One

Maybe. Again, Jesus never required a belief in the "Bible" as we see today to be a disciple. Period.
If the first century Church didn't have a bible, then why are so many Christians today so adamant that they have to believe that the Bible is absolutely the word of god? They don't, period.

IMO the OT, the Pentateuch, Septuagint are for Jews. The warmongering, murdering God of the OT was the wrong interpretation of God and the jews incorrectly attributed their military feats to God. Jesus on the other hand is the antithesis of the OT God and revealed who God is. Jesus wasn't the military leader that would over throw Rome and usher in the Kingdom. Instead he was the sacrificial lamb who chose to usurp the law and chose love, compassion, humility and mercy. The God on the cross is the true example of God.

Therefore, the Gospels are the truest and most accurate account of Jesus and his ministry. A belief in Jesus is all that is required. It's fairly simple actually. And because of that, a Christian doesn't have to try and defend the jewish scriptures and those OT stories. This is why I have a hard time finding any church to be a part of because what I believe is not found anywhere.

Hope that makes sense.

The fact that you admit there are different interpretations of one god also opens the door to the theory that there may be more than one god.

It's quite obvious to me that jews Muslims and Christians all worship different gods

These Fables Are Clues to Actual History

The Deluge represented the extermination of the Neanderthal by the homo sapiens Cro-Magnon species. Wallowing Postmodern degenerates think that was the Original Sin. William Golding, author of Lord of the Flies, wrote a book, The Inheritors, portraying that evolutionary mistake as "noble savages." So the literary world started becoming degenerate back in the 1950s.

Hope that makes sense.
Turncoats Turn Away

The cowardly escapism from civic duty by the early Christians, excused by the claim that the Afterlife was the only thing important in life, led to the fall of civilization and the anarchy of the Dark Ages, which was also called "The Age of Faith."

People that have never known cannot be held responsible.

It's not my call to make, nor that preacher's.
The unbelieving will have their part in the lake of fire, so there are no excuses. A hard heart leads to eternal damnation.

Revelation 21
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I [Jesus] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The unbelieving will have their part in the lake of fire, so there are no excuses. A hard heart leads to eternal damnation.

Revelation 21
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I [Jesus] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
[8] But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
That's the ones that know and refuse.

You can't refuse what you've never heard of.

You do realize that there is plenty iof evidence that the Hebrews practiced human sacrfice as well right? You won't find it mentioned in the bible, but there is plenty of evidence that they safriced humans and not just animals.

Actually, there are hints in the Bible that it was common. Then they sanitized it when someone started writing this stuff down.

God commanded Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a sacrifice to him. And then blessed Abraham for his willingness to do so.​

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and ... offer him there for a burnt offering.... And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. Genesis 22:2,10
Because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son ... I will bless thee. Genesis 22:16-17

God told the Israelites to sacrifice their firstborn sons to him.​

Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine. Exodus 13:2
Thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's. And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem. Exodus 13:12

At the Midianite massacre, God's received 32 virgin women.​

Although the text doesn't explicitly say so, these young Midianite women were probably sacrificed to him.

Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
Thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him. Numbers 31:35
And ... the LORD's tribute was thirty and two persons. Numbers 31:40

And Jephthah sacrificed his daughter to God.​

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah ... And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. ... And the LORD delivered them into his hands. And he smote them ... with a very great slaughter. ... And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances. ... I have opened my mouth unto the LORD, and I cannot go back. ... And ... her father ... did with her according to his vow which he had vowed. Judges 11:29-39

Forum List

Back