unconstitutional

I'm seeing countless people claim the temporary immigration exec order is unconstitutional. What provision of the constitution does it violate?

The entire fake imaginary living Constitution in which the Progs get to make up whatever laws support their agenda.

The premise of the OP is sound.
unconstitutional

The Constitution provides equal protections for those from different countries of origin ONLY if they have become naturalized or were born here as 2nd generation. It does not provide equal protection for foreigners who are not or will not be citizens. The Constitution applies to US citizens.
You're simply wrong. The scotus has ruled consistently that aliens on US soil have some const guarantees, even if illegally here. Philer v. Doe

Yes, ON US Soil. Constitutional protections do not extend to citizens of foreign countries who wish to move here.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
unconstitutional

The Constitution provides equal protections for those from different countries of origin ONLY if they have become naturalized or were born here as 2nd generation. It does not provide equal protection for foreigners who are not or will not be citizens. The Constitution applies to US citizens.
You're simply wrong. The scotus has ruled consistently that aliens on US soil have some const guarantees, even if illegally here. Philer v. Doe

It's pretty damned stupid, but it's not like the SCOTUS is any defender of the Constitution

I'm seeing countless people claim the temporary immigration exec order is unconstitutional. What provision of the constitution does it violate?
So far I haven't seen anyone point to anything about it as being unconstitutional. Where most of this seems to come from is the false claim that it is a Muslim ban where people would be banned based on their religion which is not the case here.
Read Section 5(B) of Thrump's EO. Creating two separate classes of religions and favoring one religious class over the other is violative of Amendment I & V; Establishment, Due Process, and Equal protection Clauses, which apply because the immigrants are confronted in US Ports of Entry and under US protection/sovereignty/authority.

unconstitutional

Yes, ON US Soil. Constitutional protections do not extend to citizens of foreign countries who wish to move here.

Citizens of the world all have Constitutional rights! When Democrats want them to!

So far I haven't seen anyone point to anything about it as being unconstitutional. Where most of this seems to come from is the false claim that it is a Muslim ban where people would be banned based on their religion which is not the case here.
Read Section 5(B) of Thrump's EO. Creating two separate classes of religions and favoring one religious class over the other is violative of Amendment I & V; Establishment, Due Process, and Equal protection Clauses, which apply because the immigrants are confronted in US Ports of Entry and under US protection/sovereignty/authority.

The leftist moon bat stupid shit that the Constitution was a death pact. Actually, it wasn't, Stewie

It makes sense to me: TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, we'll give priority to religious minorities who are victims of genocidal campaigns. That would apply to Sunni or Shiite Muslims who are minorities being persecuted by the majority sect.

b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.

Full text of Trump's executive order on 7-nation ban, refugee suspension - CNNPolitics.com

The leftist moon bat stupid shit that the Constitution was a death pact. Actually, it wasn't, Stewie

Using the Moonbat's logic, the U.S. should have given priority to German Nazi refugees over Jewish Holocaust Survivors....oh wait, that's exactly what the Democrats did.

The entire fake imaginary living Constitution in which the Progs get to make up whatever laws support their agenda.
The problem is that a literal, and I mean LITERAL, reading of the 14th means that anyone here gets some equal protection. You can't blame judges. Not honestly.

The Fourteenth Amendment provides that “[n]o State shall ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

The gub'mint worshipers favorite constitutional provision of course; The Constitution means whatever is convenient for our political cause du jour provision of Article VIII also known as the continuous arbitrary re-definition and re-interpretation clause. :D
giphy.gif

The problem is that a literal, and I mean LITERAL, reading of the 14th means that anyone here gets some equal protection. You can't blame judges. Not honestly.

The Fourteenth Amendment provides that “[n]o State shall ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Yes, anyone HERE. That doesn't include people over THERE who want to come HERE.

That's easy.

The 1st and 14th amendments. This executive order specifically targets Muslims when it says minority religions (as in Christians) will receive priority. This violates the ban on religious tests in the 1st amendment and equal protection under the law in the 14th amendment.

The shmucks who wrote this executive order could have easily made this executive order constitutional by omitting that line.

But the stooges in the Trump administration responsible for this travesty didn't consult lawyers which shows how incompetent, clumsy, and stupid this presidency is going to be.

Hey OP, you know you could have done a google search and learned about this instead of regurgitating your own assumptions to the crowd of ignoramuses that you knew were going to agree with you.
dude, the entire EO document was written by lawyers. fk another one that doesn't know shit about constitution.

giphy.gif

That's true, unless they were already over here, subjected themselves to our law, got a green card and went back for a visit, but are still legal residents here. Or is they have dual citizenship.

However, Trump's EO arguably creates exceptions for Christians, and that presents other problems. Not based on the 14th, however.

That's easy.

The 1st and 14th amendments. This executive order specifically targets Muslims when it says minority religions (as in Christians) will receive priority. This violates the ban on religious tests in the 1st amendment and equal protection under the law in the 14th amendment.

The shmucks who wrote this executive order could have easily made this executive order constitutional by omitting that line.

But the stooges in the Trump administration responsible for this travesty didn't consult lawyers which shows how incompetent, clumsy, and stupid this presidency is going to be.

Hey OP, you know you could have done a google search and learned about this instead of regurgitating your own assumptions to the crowd of ignoramuses that you knew were going to agree with you.

Where in the EO does it say that minority religions will receive priority?

That's easy.

Wouldn't it be great to imagine that Trump's team KNEW that line excepting Christians from the ban would kill the Order? Shit, even I know that. And that's NOT saying much, believe me.
But can't the Order stand as long as they omit that line?

But we are not talking about American citizens. How would the 14th apply?

Non citizens are not covered.

ETA: Because of confusion in another post I want to clarify non citizens. I mean foreigners who wish to immigrate or claim refugee status.

Last edited:
I want to know where it says in the Constitution that all provisions are applied to foreigners?

Bingo. Thank you so much.

I want to know where it says in the Constitution that all provisions are applied to foreigners?

Is there a "World Constitution" that we aren't aware of?

Does it give terrorists the right to traverse borders without vetting?

That's true, unless they were already over here, subjected themselves to our law, got a green card and went back for a visit, but are still legal residents here. Or is they have dual citizenship.

However, Trump's EO arguably creates exceptions for Christians, and that presents other problems. Not based on the 14th, however.

Not Christians. All religious minorities. Which would include minority Islamic sects. Heck it could mean Sunni in Iran.

Forum List

Back