Understanding Christianity

11 of the 12 people who formed Christianity were tortured to death for doing it. And they knew they would be. So what's the motive?

I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations."

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou, in these thy judgements, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh will know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the mighty one of Jacob.

Youre being forced to drink your own blood and eat your own flesh this morning!?!?!?!?
Call 911 and let them know you're a crazy moonbat who needs immediate psychological help.

No, not me...You really need to read more carefully. The oppressors were forced to drink blood.

By whom? Jesus.

BTW, Whats that red dribble on your chin?
Call 911 and tell them the oppressors are being forced to eat their own flesh!

Moonbat.

11 of the 12 people who formed Christianity were tortured to death for doing it. And they knew they would be. So what's the motive?

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Just art thou, in these thy judgements, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh will know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the mighty one of Jacob.

Youre being forced to drink your own blood and eat your own flesh this morning!?!?!?!?
Call 911 and let them know you're a crazy moonbat who needs immediate psychological help.

No, not me...You really need to read more carefully. The oppressors were forced to drink blood.

By whom? Jesus.

Call 911 and tell them the oppressors are being forced to eat their own flesh!

Moonbat.

What for?

They have every right to eat and drink their way into oblivion.

:wine:

He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.

Bottoms up!

This is awesome. As I said earlier, Christ would reign with a rod of iron. And he has. He has put the pagan world to ruin, and now even the nations walk in the light of his kingdom (Rev. 21:24).

The prince of peace who leads everyone to thousands of wars and over 50 million murdered in his name?

You mean the Christians that liberated the Jews from Germany and established the state of Israel?

That's some gratitude you have there.
You mean the Christians that liberated the Jews from Germany and established the state of Israel?

That's some gratitude you have there.

oh,

View attachment 147293

FDR is your hero, liar ... read your signature zealot.

* hows general lee doing for you, these days.
Even FDR understood that continued dependence destroys the spirit of man.

"...The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit..."

1 - Annual Message to Congress, January 4, 1935

32.gif

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=14890

I prefer subsidiarity. Moses did too.

I want to ennoble the spirit of men. You want to destroy it.

Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness. Christianity is responsible for the creation of wonderful charities and organizations which serve the betterment of man. Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.Christians and Christian institutions have been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing. Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity and has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility. Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave and that actions have consequences. Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe and helps us feel connected to one another and to nature through regular community gatherings. Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world by binding the community together. Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit and inspires love, peace and happiness. Christianity brings order to our lives by promoting the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness and humility. Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill and can act as a source of hope for the oppressed. Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves. That it is possible to change for the better. Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon. No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church. Modern science was born in the Catholic Church. Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market. The Catholic Church invented the university. Western law grew out of Church canon law. The Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life. The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources. Religion gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians. Christianity gave us America. Christianity gave us incredible artwork, music and architecture. Christianity has spread democracy throughout the world. Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression and rebuilt Europe and Japan after WWII. Christians put a man on the moon and ended the cold war.

"The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ" (Rev. 11:15). That is what the Church has effected.

Consider the Soviet Union, for example, a communist regime - an atheist regime - that razed churches, burned Christian art, literature, and sacred texts, and generally persecuted Christians. Ultimately, the Iron Curtain fell, and Christianity, battered and bruised as it may have been, stood above the rubble, in Russia and indeed in the other former Soviet block states as well. Even still, the Lord whose kingdom reigns through all the generations (Eph. 3:21) is conquering the nations.

The Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, relate to this theme, seldom referencing the idea that Jesus died so that when we die, we can go to heaven. Not to dismiss that notion, as the Bible does mention it once or twice, but the story of the Bible is the story of God and His fellowship with His creation on the earth.

When we understand that, we can wrap our minds around the Bible. We can see continuity in it, from Genesis to Revelation. We can understand Christianity.

No, not me...You really need to read more carefully. The oppressors were forced to drink blood, a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

By whom? Jesus.

I read the NT-----I do not recall the oppressors being "forced to drink blood". Did I miss something. ----
Blood did not seem to bother romans much

Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness. Christianity is responsible for the creation of wonderful charities and organizations which serve the betterment of man. Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.Christians and Christian institutions have been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing. Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity and has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility. Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave and that actions have consequences. Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe and helps us feel connected to one another and to nature through regular community gatherings. Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world by binding the community together. Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit and inspires love, peace and happiness. Christianity brings order to our lives by promoting the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness and humility. Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill and can act as a source of hope for the oppressed. Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves. That it is possible to change for the better. Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon. No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church. Modern science was born in the Catholic Church. Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market. The Catholic Church invented the university. Western law grew out of Church canon law. The Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life. The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources. Religion gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians. Christianity gave us America. Christianity gave us incredible artwork, music and architecture. Christianity has spread democracy throughout the world. Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression and rebuilt Europe and Japan after WWII. Christians put a man on the moon and ended the cold war.
Charity - the fruits of the Spirit - indeed has proved a very powerful sword to wield in a pagan world.

No, not me...You really need to read more carefully. The oppressors were forced to drink blood, a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

By whom? Jesus.

I read the NT-----I do not recall the oppressors being "forced to drink blood". Did I miss something. ----
Blood did not seem to bother romans much
C'mon Rosie. stop acting coy.

Time to wake up and smell the doodoo.

Dingky you tend to engage in Hyperbole--------of all the utterly idiotic claims you offer as "Christian"----
the most remarkable is >>>> **** Western law grew out of Church canon law.
not entirely untrue depending on what you call "western law"
Shariah and the Nuremburg Laws of 1935 are entirely based on
CANON LAW-----specifically its first codification by JUSTIN-----
(Emperor of the holy Roman empire and grandson of Constantine)
The laws that mandated the "Inquisition"...<<also Canon law.
We, "the west" are RECOVERING from some 1700 years of canon law----
The "ummah" is still mired in that filth

But you didn't dispute my definition of Christianity. Good for you.

Charity - the fruits of the Spirit - indeed has proved a very powerful sword to wield in a pagan world.

Pagans invented charity long before anyone put up a Christmas tree

Good for them.

Christians transformed the world with it.

Good for them.

are you referring to the hundreds of millions dead in genocides sponsored by
church wealth and "zakat"? Why do you ignore the massive genocides with
which the muslims have graced the planet?

Dingky you tend to engage in Hyperbole--------of all the utterly idiotic claims you offer as "Christian"----
the most remarkable is >>>> **** Western law grew out of Church canon law.
not entirely untrue depending on what you call "western law"
Shariah and the Nuremburg Laws of 1935 are entirely based on
CANON LAW-----specifically its first codification by JUSTIN-----
(Emperor of the holy Roman empire and grandson of Constantine)
The laws that mandated the "Inquisition"...<<also Canon law.
We, "the west" are RECOVERING from some 1700 years of canon law----
The "ummah" is still mired in that filth
:rofl:

Good for them.

are you referring to the hundreds of millions dead in genocides sponsored by
church wealth and "zakat"? Why do you ignore the massive genocides with
which the muslims have graced the planet?
Maybe if you put your ax down you'd actually be able to make an objective assessment.

That was your definition? I thought that was just you trolling. My bad. But since you have now owned that as your definition, it is clear that not only are you a troll but you are a very very dumb one.

That was your definition? I thought that was just you trolling. My bad. But since you have now owned that as your definition, it is clear that not only are you a troll but you are a very very dumb one.
Don't shoot the messenger, it is what it is. Too bad for you.

Forum List

Back