Unions in the US

Unions in the US

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys obviously are oblivious to this, but you do realize that employers have no interest in constantly having to replace employees. It is in our interest to keep employees as happy as possible within reason of course.

Last edited:
Working conditions, benefits, punative actions, worker rights...same as always

But we have laws to protect workers from bad conditions, uncalled for punative actions, other workers rights including wages/compensation.

I want something that a union is needed to protect us from that isn't already covered by the law. When unions arose there were no labor laws.

wages are only protected at the minimum wage subsistence level.

no benefits are protected.... except if you break the law as to an already existing benefit, say, under ERISA.

and collective bargaining only exists with unions.

and do you have any idea how difficult it is to sue for 'uncalled for punitive actions', as you put it and 'other workers rights?

you only get damages for retaliation and discrimination claims when you are fired if the ONLY reason you could have been fired was an illegal one.

Go prove it... using the employers records. and see how easy it is to a) get those records and b) win in court.

Ledbetter already showed you what happens when you are discriminated against because of your gender....

nada.

Wage disparity based on race/gender/age is also protected under the law, not just minimum wage.

With the new federal health care law business are forced to provide health insurance benefits. Along with states like mine that force employers to provide certain benefit levels in their employment laws.

If you were "wrongfully discarged" from your job there is plenty of precedent law on the books you can fight your case against that punative action with.

I fail to see what a union is doing to protect me that the law already doesn't do.

I'm still open to what it might be though, just show me.

awwwww... the pretend rabbi speaks.

pissant loon. :rofl:

and you know damn well i am what i say. if you don't then you're too stupid to bother with.

either way, you're a loser troll.

keep practicing how to say 'you want fries with that'? you may get it right someday.

nutbar :cuckoo:

and you know damn well i am what i say. if you don't then you're too stupid to bother with.

keep practicing how to say 'you want fries with that'? you may get it right someday.

You're a lawyer? I seriosuly doubt that.

But we have laws to protect workers from bad conditions, uncalled for punative actions, other workers rights including wages/compensation.

I want something that a union is needed to protect us from that isn't already covered by the law. When unions arose there were no labor laws.

wages are only protected at the minimum wage subsistence level.

no benefits are protected.... except if you break the law as to an already existing benefit, say, under ERISA.

and collective bargaining only exists with unions.

and do you have any idea how difficult it is to sue for 'uncalled for punitive actions', as you put it and 'other workers rights?

you only get damages for retaliation and discrimination claims when you are fired if the ONLY reason you could have been fired was an illegal one.

Go prove it... using the employers records. and see how easy it is to a) get those records and b) win in court.

Ledbetter already showed you what happens when you are discriminated against because of your gender....

nada.

Wage disparity based on race/gender/age is also protected under the law, not just minimum wage.

With the new federal health care law business are forced to provide health insurance benefits. Along with states like mine that force employers to provide certain benefit levels in their employment laws.

If you were "wrongfully discarged" from your job there is plenty of precedent law on the books you can fight your case against that punative action with.

I fail to see what a union is doing to protect me that the law already doesn't do.

I'm still open to what it might be though, just show me.

absent a union, employees can be fired at will simply b/c of longevity. there is no protection for that under law.

absent a union, employers NEVER have to give a raise, not even a COLA.

you *think* the protections you mention are enforceable in the courts. i can't even begin to tell you how hard one of those cases is to prove. under the current court, those rights barely exist outside of collective bargaining. Ledbetter should have been a slam dunk under the law as written and as that law was previously interpreted in the caselaw. yet this court essentially eviscerated the requirement of wage equality regardless of gender because it is unlikely anyone would ever find out about the disparity within the statute of limitations as they defined it.

it is very, very expensive to pursue a court case. if you're fired for say, whistleblowing, by the time you get to court, you're broke.. and can't afford the battle. if you have a union, you fight the battle using whatever intervention is avaliable at the union level.

and don't believe anyone who says that its to the benefit of corporations not to lose experienced employees...

that's true only at some job levels.

for every other level, workers are fungible.

yeah, but honey, you're a moron. so who cares what you think?

You can't even get basic punctuation straight.... lawyer my ass.

Probably an ordinary street-walker with a bad dose of Chlamydia.

yeah, but honey, you're a moron. so who cares what you think?

Great... "I know you are but what am I?"

How well does that work in court fer ya Barbie?

Stalker-bitch. If you want to contribute something here other than irrelevance and insults do so. Otherwise STFU.
Go practice your "buy me a drink" and "your cock number One, GI" lines elsewhere.

Stalker-bitch. If you want to contribute something here other than irrelevance and insults do so. Otherwise STFU.
Go practice your "buy me a drink" and "your cock number One, GI" lines elsewhere.

:eusa_drool: Ouch.

Considering that conservatives currently serving in Congress and the Senate have already stated that they think getting rid of the minimum wage is a good idea, yeah........we do need unions still.

Unless of course, you wish to return to the robber barons of the 1800's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back